Unable to remove the last exchange 2003 server in the organization

Status
Not open for further replies.
H

Helles

Hi,

I'm in the process of consolidating 4 exchange 2003 SP2 servers in different Administrative Groups to 1 Exchange 2010 server.

I have move all mailboxes and replicated all Public folders.

3 exchange 2003 serves have already been removed succesfully without error.

When I try to remove the last one, I can't because of two issues according to the uninstall wizard.

error 1

This is the only server with the Public folder Hierarchy on it, you should move the PF hierarchy to another Public Folder database.

I already created a new Folders container in the exchange 2010 administrative group and moved the hierarchy to this container. However I can't see the hierarchy anymore in the exchange 2003 console.

Error 2

One or more users are using a mailbox database on this server, you should move them to another server before uninstalling Exchange.

I have moved all users, I already removed the Public Folder Database and the Mailbox database. I did an export with csvde to see if there were any users with homemdb on this server, but the search came clear.

Any help would be much appreciated

regards

Helles

H

Helles

Hello,

I ended up calling to Microsoft PSS.

After some logging and checking we decided to turn off the last exchange 2003 server. After the shutdown Public folder started behaving normally.

All there is left to do is manually delete the AD objects of the exchange 2003 server

Frederik

Status
Not open for further replies.