New-MailboxImportRequest fails....

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

Remco Tiel

Hello,

I've just updated my Exchange server with Exchange 2010 SP1 upd 2 and therefor the bug explained in this article is fixed http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/exchange2010/thread/81e09d6e-1510-4357-b5d8-49a1ae7c734f. I tried to import a pst file directly into a archive which fails. Perhaps it does not issue this bug but I found out why my import failed. I could narrow it down to one e-mail which included a executable as attachment and I think it fails on that. After removing the e-mail from the pst file the import to the archive succeeded.

I don't know if this is a bug or one is not allowed to import an e-mail with executable but just wanted to inform you all...

Remco

M

Michel de Rooij

By default the BadItemLimit parameter is 0; this means if the move fails for a single item - due to corruption or, as I expect in this case, because of anti-virus kicking in - the whole transaction fails.

Can you check the logs of the target server to verify this?
Michel de Rooij,
MCITP Ent.Msg 2007+2010| MCTS W2008, Ex2007+2010 Conf, OCS2007 Conf | MCSE+Msg2k3 | MCSE+Inet2k3 | Prince2 Fnd | ITIL
I blog on http://eightwone.wordpress.com/ and tweet on http://twitter.com/mderooij

R

Remco Tiel

I didn't change the BadItemLimit so this was default 0, I executed the script on the exchange server and there's no anti-virus software installed. This is handled by third party software before it reaches the exchange server.

Remco

B

Brian Day MCITP

Chck for an event 1100 in the app log saying the import went over the BadItemLimit #. You can rerun it and increase the limit, the item could have been legitimately corrupt in some way.Microsoft Premier Field Engineer, Exchange
MCSA 2000/2003, CCNA
MCITP: Enterprise Messaging Administrator 2010
Former Microsoft MVP, Exchange Server
My posts are provided "AS IS" with no guarantees, no warranties, and they confer no rights.

R

Remco Tiel

I've found the error and will rerun it with a increased value for BadItemLimit....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
V Remove-MailboxImportRequest fails because the mailbox was deleted. Exchange Server Administration 3
E Why does a Mailboximportrequest queue for at least 10 minutes before starting the import? Exchange Server Administration 1
D New-MailboxImportRequest and Polish encoding problem Exchange Server Administration 3
H Re: new-mailboximportrequest to archive ==> MapiExceptionNetworkError: Unable to save changes. Exchange Server Administration 5
H new-mailboximportrequest to archive ==> MapiExceptionNetworkError: Unable to save changes. Exchange Server Administration 0
M New-MailboxImportRequest: mailbox folders in different languages after import Exchange Server Administration 4
C new-mailboximportrequest Exchange Server Administration 8
C mailbox-export (exchange 2007) new-mailboximportrequest (exch2010 SP1) missing calendar re Exchange Server Administration 8
G New-MailboxImportRequest isn't finishing. Can't work out why. Exchange 2010 SP1 Exchange Server Administration 26
V New-MailboxImportRequest PST Subfolder issue Exchange Server Administration 0
T Can't use New-MailboxImportRequest. It just says its not recognize as name of cmd-let Exchange Server Administration 7
D Outlook 2010 account setup fails in particular domain Using Outlook 3
ChrisK2 Send email to advertise@slipstick.com fails: "The group advertising isn't set up to receive messages from..." Using Outlook 3
M Outlook 2013 fails to start -- missing WindowsCodecs.dll error Using Outlook 3
D Outlook.com in Outlook 2016 Trys & Fails to Send on Behalf of Itself Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 2
J VB6 Add-in fails to load in Outlook 16 - message useless Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
J Will BCC messages still deliver if TO address fails Outlook 2013 Using Outlook 3
A OL16 C2R attachment preview fails Using Outlook 8
I Copy email from folder to folder - FAILS Using Outlook 5
Z Outlook 2007, clicking email addresses fails to open Contact Using Outlook 0
G "Delay Delivery" Email fails to send if opened while in Outbox Using Outlook 4
T Outlook 2013 either fails to mark messages as read or marks them as read, then un-marks them. Using Outlook 1
jChambler setup of iCloud with Outlook 2007 fails Using Outlook 4
P Outlook 2010 fails to start after icloud update Using Outlook 3
Jennifer Murphy Distribution list fails after conversion to Unicode PST Using Outlook 2
E run script fails suddenly Using Outlook 3
D Outlook 2010 Fails to Send Messages To One Domain Using Outlook 6
F Email notification if notification email fails Using Outlook 1
G Mount recovery database fails on DAG Exchange Server Administration 3
L Outlook 2010 fails to open Using Outlook 5
S OAB generation fails on Ex 2010 after moved from 03 Exchange Server Administration 1
J Task list fails to show in to-do bar Using Outlook 1
T Exchange 2010 DAG Failover Issue - Database Activation Fails because Content Index Catalog Failed Exchange Server Administration 2
A Daily Task List, set to show tasks on Due Date fails to display tasks. Using Outlook 2
J Exchange 2010 SP1 fails at Mailbox Error Unable to load exrpc32.dll Exchange Server Administration 4
D Sync OAB and Task 'Microsoft Exchange' Fails Error 0x8004010F: The operation failed. An object canno Exchange Server Administration 2
B Export from Outlook Express and Windows Live Mail fails to copy to Outlook 2010 Using Outlook 1
C setup /pad fails Exchange Server Administration 2
D Install of facebook connector OSCFB-x86-en-us.exe fails Using Outlook 3
M WBADMIN Scheduled Backup for Exchange 2010 Fails with Event ID 544 Error Exchange Server Administration 5
A Confirmation of the IRM service fails in case of MS Word file Using Outlook 1
S PrepareDomain fails on child domains Exchange Server Administration 11
M Calendar Appointments to Lotus Notes User via Outlook 2007 Fails Using Outlook 2
M Calendar Appointments to Lotus Notes User via Outlook 2007 Fails Using Outlook 1
S Outlook 2010 fails to complete synchronizing headers with IMAP account Using Outlook 1
I Inbound Mails Fails To Come In Exchange Server Administration 5
S Import Windows Mail to Outlook 2010 fails to import emails after 17Aug2010 Using Outlook 3
P Autodiscover fails (Exchange 2010) Exchange Server Administration 7
S Local move request fails Exchange Server Administration 3
F Instant search in secondary calendars fails using subject field Using Outlook 4