Exchange 2010 CAS/HT/Mailbox moved - best practice/steps for decommissioning 2007

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

smurfman

Just finished the co-existance steps for Exch 2010 and Exch 2007 in my domain. Moved all the mailboxes, reconfigured HT, verified that all mail is flowing to my new exch 2010 server for about a week now - even found a few notification servers around the network sending SMTP messages to my exchange box.

It has come the time to start thinking about decommissioning the old 2007 box - I do not want it sitting on the network much longer.

Here is my question:

Where would I find the steps I should to shutdown the Exch 2007 box and have it un-registered from the AD - or cold they be outined here for me?

Thanks

J

T

Tom Vanopoulos

If all the mailboxes and Public Folders have been moved over to the Exchange 2010 servers and if you confirmed that all the mail flow is going through Exchange 2010 now.

Then a simple removal from the add\remove programs will uninstall Exchange 2007. This should completely remove the Exchange server from the organization.

You can take a look at the following article.

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb123893(EXCHG.80).aspx

MCITP: Enterprise Messaging Administrator 2007/2010 | MCITP: Server Administrator | MCTS: Windows Server 2008 Applications Infrastructure, Configuring | MCP | MCDST

S

smurfman

Thanks Tom, apparently from another forum post - there was no way to move the public mailbox folder - so I had to create a new one.

I am not even sure if it was being used.

The link is perfect!

J

B

Brian Day MCITP

Don't forget to run ExBPA as it may catch a few things that aren't obvious to do. :)Microsoft Premier Field Engineer, Exchange
MCSA 2000/2003, CCNA
MCITP: Enterprise Messaging Administrator 2010
Former Microsoft MVP, Exchange Server
My posts are provided "AS IS" with no guarantees, no warranties, and they confer no rights.

Status
Not open for further replies.