Steps after migration from 2007 to 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Bremen6

Hi,

I have just migrated all the mailboxes from Exchange 2007 to Exchange 2010. The problem is i don't know how to proceed since i'm using a new email domain and new record on the DNS with new ip address on exchange 2010 server . I want to use the old email domain,old ip address for the server and the old owa address. Can anyone help me out here?

C

Christian Weihs

Hi Bremen6,

How did you migrate - did you install the new exchange in the existing
environment? If so you are using the same email domain. For publing exchange
you normaly configure an additional a-record in DNS which points to your
public IP. For an external access you have to change the forwarding at your
firewal.

Here you can find a short manual:
http://www.networkworld.com/community/node/47778

Best regard
Christian

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
S How to set up button in ribbon for individual Quick Steps Using Outlook 1
J 14 Steps To Building Your Bulk Emails So They Get Noticed New Slipstick.com Articles 0
S Save in folder other than Sent when replying with Quick Steps Using Outlook 5
R Missing Quick Steps and Rules Using Outlook 0
A Quick Steps in Tasks view Using Outlook 7
B How can I adjust the ribbon width? I want to see all of my Quick Steps. Using Outlook 1
D Navigate to my calendar. Too many steps Exchange Server Administration 2
M How can I customize the Follow Up Flag message in Quick Steps? Using Outlook 1
S Outlook Quick Steps - Exchange 2003 / Exchange 2010 Exchange Server Administration 2
P DAG CONFIGURED Need to change the data base and log file location .What are the risk .And Steps to p Exchange Server Administration 3
S Exchange 2010 CAS/HT/Mailbox moved - best practice/steps for decommissioning 2007 Exchange Server Administration 3
R Outlook 2010 Quick Steps - Mark as Read Action and New Mail Notification Using Outlook 1
M Quick steps: feature request: 'direct replies to' when forwarding Using Outlook 1
S steps to consider while adding additional exchange 2010 server Exchange Server Administration 4
N steps in configuring ms exchange to send and recieve emails from different domain? Exchange Server Administration 30
I Outlook 2010 Quick Steps Don't Save (Global Address Book) Using Outlook 3
I Office 2010 Quick Steps Using Outlook 10
Microfiche Migration from Office 2016 H&B to Office 365 Using Outlook 0
B Headache with Hotmail and Outlook since migration Exchange Server Administration 10
Diane Poremsky Data loss may occur during public folder migration New Slipstick.com Articles 0
M The coming Outlook migration Using Outlook 1
M Data File Management confusion after migration Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 1
Diane Poremsky Outlook.com Migration Status New Slipstick.com Articles 0
A Migration to Exchange, still happening? How will I know when? Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 1
W Outlook.com -> Exchange Migration Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 2
Diane Poremsky Exchange Server Migration Tools New Slipstick.com Articles 0
C Changing Domain -- Assigned To User field Migration? BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1
H Exchange 2013 ECP migration connects to crashed server Exchange Server Administration 0
J Migration from BCM 2010 to 2013 is messing up the label fields BCM (Business Contact Manager) 4
P correct public folder migration exchange 2003 to 2010 Exchange Server Administration 1
P migration issue from OL2003 to OL2010 with custom contact form Using Outlook 7
S BCM 2007 to 2010 migration failure issue BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1
S Public FolderEmail Sort Problems Outlook 2010/Migration from 2003 SBS to 2011S Using Outlook 3
C Outllook Migration - Office 200? - 2010 - Shared Mailbox Export-Bulk 500 users Using Outlook 1
D Biggest migration problem - X500 addresses Exchange Server Administration 1
J Contacts Notes field will not mail merge after migration to Exchange 2010 Exchange Server Administration 1
J Legacy SCHEDULE + FREE BUSY system PFs leftover after complete migration Exchange Server Administration 1
J Exchange 2010 migration Certificate Question Exchange Server Administration 4
N Automatized migration from Outlook Express to Outlook 2003 Using Outlook 1
S Internet Mail SMTP Connector Problem on Exchange 2010 after Migration Exchange Server Administration 2
O Exchange Activesync gives support code: 0x86000c01 after Exchange Server Migration Using Outlook 4
M Outlook profile migration during Office 2010 upgrade? Using Outlook 1
N Automatized migration from Outlook Express to Outlook 2003 Using Outlook 1
L Exchange 2003 to 2010 Migration - Public Folder Replication Failed - Busy/Free Issue Exchange Server Administration 8
W Transition or Migration from SBS2003 to W2K8R2 + Exchange 2010 Exchange Server Administration 1
A Exchange 2010 migration path scenario. Exchange Server Administration 4
J Migration Exchange 2003 to 2010: OUT OFFICE ISSUE Exchange Server Administration 8
J Migration to Exchange 2010: Some doubts Exchange Server Administration 2
F Exchange 2010 - mailbox migration Exchange Server Administration 9
D Sub folders missing from inbox after migration of pst to new computer. Using Outlook 5