Exchange 2010 + Disable ActiveSync/Outlook Anywhere/POP/IMAP/ By Default

• Thread starter jimbravo
  • Start date Views 3,647
Status
Not open for further replies.
J

jimbravo

Hi can someone share with me a way to disable ActiveSync/Outlook Anywhere/POP/IMAP services by default at the time of mailbox creation?

T

Tom Vanopoulos

During the creation of the mailbox, I believe there is no way on disabling those services for the users. It would have to be after the mailbox has been created by using powershell or from the GUI.

If you don't want any users access to ActiveSync, Outlook Anywhere, POP and IMAP services this could be done at a global level by disabling the services using segmentation on the ClientAccess section of the Server Configuration in the Management Console.

MCITP: Enterprise / Server Administrator | MCITP: Enterprise Messaging Administrator 2007/2010 | MCP | MCDST

N

Nagaraj N

These settings are enabled by default. As mentioned by Tom its a manual process to disable them or disable them at the global level.

Nagaraj N

J

Jonas Andersson [MCITP]

In that case you should create a script that checks every x minutes and disable the features

But if you don't want them to use EAS, OA, POP and IMAP then just disable the POP and IMAP and disable Outlook Anywhere and EAS or just don't publish them to internet

Jonas Andersson MCTS: Microsoft Exchange Server 2007/2010 | MCITP: EMA 2007/2010 | MCSE/MCSA Blog: http://www.testlabs.se/blog

T

TWHarrington

Agreed with the points made above. I have usually handled this by writing a scipt to check for anyone enabled for these services and then disable them. The script can be scheduled using the Windows Task Scheduler to run at the desired interval.

Status
Not open for further replies.