How to Assign Retention Tags for Notes Items in Exchange/Outlook 2010?

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

The Darkfriend

I want to set a policy or tags for notes to never move to archive, and to never delete. However, I cannot add a new retention policy tag with a MoveToArchive action unless I set it for All items, not just notes.

I also do not see a place in outlook to apply personal tags to the notes folder in Outlook 2010 (32-Bit)

So how do I accomplish having the notes remain in the inbox forever?

I am using Exchange 2010 and I have applied the Default Archive and Retention Policy out of the box.

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
B Exchaneg 2010 SP1 Possible Bug, Cannot create move to archive retention tag on inbox, but can create a new one and edit and assign inbox to it Exchange Server Administration 3
R Assign Categories "Round Robin" style but in a shared mailbox but on specific emails only Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 8
P Auto assign shared mailbox Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
D Assign categories to outgoing emails Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
F How to assign a task to a public task folder? Using Outlook 1
A How to assign the value returned by the regex execute function to a variable? Using Outlook 1
soadfan assign category (VBA) Using Outlook 7
Diane Poremsky Assign one task to several people New Slipstick.com Articles 0
Diane Poremsky Assign an Email Account to an Outlook Contact New Slipstick.com Articles 0
E for Mac: Assign Task not available!? Using Outlook 1
E Outlook VBA to print attached Pdf to a fax printer and assign fax number Using Outlook 0
A Assign a unique number to every message I send Using Outlook 0
Z assign unique number email Using Outlook 8
L Can you use Exchange 2010 to control which users may or may not assign tasks to other users in Outlo Exchange Server Administration 2
N Assign Task from shared Task folder error Using Outlook 3
Q Don't have right permissions to assign "send as" rights in Exchange 2010 SP1 Exchange Server Administration 7
I Outlook 2010 Archiving Assign Policy Greyed out Using Outlook 1
C How do you assign a color to emails that are only colorized if received from a specific person? Using Outlook 2
F Any way to add emails to favourites or assign shortcuts to them? Using Outlook 5
M I have added an Assign Task button to a cutom group in the Tasks Ribbon. When I click on it I get a Using Outlook 3
P Can I Assign Outlook Tasks to a Public Folder? Using Outlook 1
P Can I Assign Put a Public Folder on a Tasks's Update List? Using Outlook 5
C Y i cannot assign service to the newly added EXCHANGE certificate? Exchange Server Administration 6
C How to assign certificate(s) to an CAS array? Exchange Server Administration 1
C how should i assign an SSL certificate to a CAS array? Exchange Server Administration 2
A Outlook 2010 - assign a color category to email Using Outlook 2
D Update List clears after sending to assign person. Using Outlook 1
D assign & accept tasks using an IMAP email system Using Outlook 2
M Re: Exchange 2010 Resource forest - How do you assign permissions to share linked mailboxes? Exchange Server Administration 3
M Exchange 2010 Resource forest - How do you assign permissions to share linked mailboxes? Exchange Server Administration 7
D Assign rbac to specific group does not take affect. Exchange Server Administration 15
J Assign a signature by external or internal reciepents. Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
P VBA to assign category on calendar item does not work ?? why ?? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 5
S assign task programmatically Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
C Cannot assign a task from a public folder? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
C Assign To and CC list while using Redemption.dll library Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 10
C How to assign icon to a button in Outlook Add-in Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
R Retention periods and Deleted Items Using Outlook 7
I Retention policies on outlook 2016 ribbon Using Outlook 2
N Outlook dialog about retention policy Using Outlook 3
K How do retention policies work with .pst files? Using Outlook 9
D Exchange 2010 User License with Retention Policies Exchange Server Administration 3
J Retention Policy Deficiencies Exchange Server Administration 1
P Archive Policy/ Retention policy in Exchange 2010 Exchange Server Administration 2
A Exchange 2010 SP1 RU1 Calendar Retention Exchange Server Administration 1
S 2010 SP1 Retention Policies Exchange Server Administration 5
B Retention policy for online archive itself. Exchange Server Administration 1
D Retention Policy Inheritance Exchange Server Administration 2
S Retention Policy not working?? Exchange Server Administration 35
K Retention Tags - expired items not deleted from Deleted Items Exchange Server Administration 21