The action cannot be completed. The Connection to Microsoft Exchange is unavailable. outlook must be

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Spunky844

Referencing this post: http://answers.microsoft.com/thread/806264c9-2052-499f-a68c-ad4a24539af3

Problem: Exchange account has been setup correctly on Windows 7 (64bit) Outlook 2007 connected to 2003 Exchange server. Username is correct, entering the correct password and pressing enter the login screen closes and reopens looping forever. If I hit cancel I get the errors below::: (All other installations/setups have been succesful on all the other computers here at the office)

The action cannot be completed. The Connection to Microsoft Exchange is unavailable. outlook must be online or connected to complete this action.

Cannot start Microsoft Office Outlook. Cannot open the Outlook window. The set of folders cannot be opened. The file C:\Users\NAME\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Outlook\outlook1.ost is not an offline folder file.

Your server or mailbox names cannot be resolved.The name cannot be resolved. The connection to Microsoft Exchange is unavailable. Outlook must be online or connected to complete this action.
I have reinstalled Outlook several times. With no avail. I can sign into the account OWA web access no problem.

Thanks for your help,
Spunky844

A

Alexei Segundo

What happens when you delete the Outlook profile and re-create it?

Alexei

E

Evan Liu

Hi,

Form your description, I understand that you got the error “The action cannot be completed. The Connection to Microsoft Exchange is unavailable. outlook must be online or connected to complete this action” when you try to log in with Outlook. For this issue, I want to clarify the following information before we go further:

1. Is there any other person got the same issue with you?

2. What is protocol you used on your Outlook, RPC over HTTP or any other protocol?

a. If you use RPC over HTTP, I suggest you use this tool to do a test, If there is any error, please paste here in your next post.

Exchange Remote Connectivity Analyzer

https://www.testexchangeconnectivity.com/

b. If you are using MAPI or any other protocols, please check the firewall setting on your computer, disable firewall and anti-virus software to have a try.

3. As you can sign into via OWA, this may problem on your Outlook. Please recreate the profile to have a try.

4. Please check the event log on your desktop, if there is any error, please paste here in your next post.

Here is a related article for you, hope it helps:

Error messages when you try to connect Outlook 2007 to Exchange Server: " The action cannot be completed" or " Your Microsoft Exchange Server is unavailable" or " Cannot start Microsoft Office Outlook"

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/913843/en-us

If the problem still exists, please help me to collect the information at your convenience, with the information, we can help you more efficiently.

Thanks,

Evan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
R The action cannot be completed. The connection to Microsoft Exchange is unavailable. outlook must be Using Outlook 1
A outlook 2010, windows 7, exchange server: "The action cannot be completed. The connection to Micro Using Outlook 1
F Business Contact Manager for Outlook cannot complete your last action or actions. Please try again. Using Outlook 3
S Cannot access emails, been out of action over a week!__ Using Outlook 8
F "This action is not available in the current mode" Using Outlook 0
Bri the Tech Guy Registry Tweak to make "Run a Script" Action Available Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
J Forward Action in Form Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
E you don't have permission to perform this action exchange 2016 Exchange Server Administration 0
I There is no email program associated to perform requested action Using Outlook 0
B Action Plans or Activity Sets in Outlook? Using Outlook 8
S Using "start application" rule action Using Outlook 2
R send/receive no action Using Outlook 2
G Rule: IF mail received by X, THEN no action; IF mail not received by X, SEND Using Outlook 0
O Where is Launcher, the custom action for Exchange server? Exchange Server Administration 1
M send/ receive action too often Using Outlook 2
B Reply to All custom action doesn't work with attachments in Outlook 2007 Using Outlook 1
S Action cancel contact with pc administrator Using Outlook 1
F Create a rule that requires the message be 'read' as a condition for action. Using Outlook 1
H Attachment dialog box "Always do this action" greyed out Using Outlook 4
C 452 4.1 1. requested action aborted:try again later, too many recipients Using Outlook 4
R Outlook 2010 Quick Steps - Mark as Read Action and New Mail Notification Using Outlook 1
E how can i delete automatically mails like 'This request is out of date' and 'Action takes place in the past' Using Outlook 2
S How to email to a group for successive action, and track the action as it moves? Using Outlook 2
K Email sends with no error, but no action on the SMTP server done, only authentization - for some of the outgoing addresses. Using Outlook 1
T getting an error This file does not have a program associated with it for performing this action. C Using Outlook 7
P action canceled Using Outlook 2
D Calendar items generating without user action Using Outlook 1
A When I click a hyperlink in Outlook 2007 I get a message saying action has been closed - refer to administrator.__How do I turn this off? Using Outlook 1
D Calendar items generating without user action Using Outlook 5
C Sender Filtering action: Stamp with blocked sender not working Exchange Server Administration 3
W Error Message Office 2010 'the connection to microsoft exchange is unavailable. Outlook must be online or connected to complete this action' Exchange Server Administration 1
D get following error "Businss contact manager for Outlook could not complete your last action or acti Using Outlook 16
C Clicking and dragging to moving groups of messages to a folder does not move messages, but creates the action 'copy here as a message...' Using Outlook 5
T OWA logs me out with every action I do Using Outlook 1
G Error when sending 550 5.3.4 Requested action not taken Using Outlook 1
J Error Code 550 5.3.4 Requested action not taken; T__ Using Outlook 1
J 550 5.3.4 Requested action not taken Using Outlook 1
W connection to microsoft exchange is unavailable. outlook must be online or connected to complete this action. Using Outlook 1
I The connection to Microsoft Exchange is unavailable. Outlook must be online or connected to complete this action. Using Outlook 2
E Re: There is no email program associated to perform the requested action. Please install et. etc. Using Outlook 2
L 'The connection to Microsoft Exchange is unavailable. Outlook must be online or connected to complete this action.' Using Outlook 8
M Is there a RefreshNow action for Search Folder? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 8
R could not complete your last action or actions BCM (Business Contact Manager) 2
D Running a Program from Custom Action Rule Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
L How to develop a custom action which can used in Rules Wizard? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
A Error Message: The subject is not trusted for the specified action Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
B Upgrade to 2007, Action stopped working Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
D How can I make an action automatically make an appointment? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
T Err - BCMgr contacts - Could not compl last action - try agin BCM (Business Contact Manager) 2
Q How do I create a custom action for a rule? (Save as "Nfy.MSG") Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1