Mobile Acess to MS Exchange 2010 - "connection to the server failed" error

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Duane-NY

Users were previously were connected to Exchange 2007 via activesync with both iPhone 3GS ver 4.1 and Droid smartphone and all was working fine. Upgraded Exchange system to 2010 and now users cannot get connectivity from same phone. During this upgrade, domain name changed.

Can set up accounts of other users to these phones and they get into email system fine

We have 3 users who are not getting their mail over their mobile devices and we can set up these users on other mobile devices and mobile access works fine.

When we look in Exchange accounts, the Manage Mobile Device tab is present only on these accounts which do not connect. Other users who are connecting fine do not have the Manage Mobile Device tab.

Removed iphone devices from Manage Mobile Device tab and tried to reset, but to no avail.

Wiped out entire mobile phone and tried to reset Exchange account - still cannot connect to server. During setup, receive message " Cannot Verify Server Identity" . I go into Details and accept the certificate it displays (which is our certificate - it comes up Not Trusted). Certificate expires Sept 2011. Upon acceptance, it goes through verifying and accepts - allows me to save - then goes through until configured sync.

It looks like the account is set up fine, but when we go into Exchange email, message comes up Cannot get Mail " The connection to the server failed."

It appears it has something to do with these users on these specific devices. Any assistance would be appreciated.

A

Alexei Segundo

Check to see if the three users are members of groups protected by the AdminSDHolder. You can use adfind.exe from www.joeware.net to do this.

adfind -default -f " (&(homemdb=*)(admincount=1))" 1.1

Exchange 2010 cannot set certain ActiveSync specific attributes on protected objects, so you will need to remove them from the protected groups for ActiveSync to work. You will also need to enable permissions inheritance on the AD user objects once you have done this.

Alexei

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
P Outlook Mobile App Doesn't Refresh Inbox Using Outlook 0
C Outlook Mobile app email order randomized and display names stripped Using Outlook 6
M Mobile notifications and sync in Outlook.com Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 2
G Outlook 2016: reply icon not showing when replied from mobile Using Outlook 3
GregS Sync contacts Outlook.com to "MS People" mobile Using Outlook 1
A windows mobile 10 calendar not syncing Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 0
B Mail on both laptop and mobile at same time Using Outlook 2
P I'm getting an error when opening Outlook "Mobile me stopped working Using Outlook 1
S Need solution to Outlook mail handling/syncing/mobile situation, please Using Outlook 2
S Outlook 2010 Mobile Contacts Using Outlook 1
G How to make outlook show as unread messages I read in my mobile ph or tablet Using Outlook 1
smokiibear Mobile Contacts Corrupted Using Outlook 3
C Outlook 2010 removes + from mobile numbers Using Outlook 3
1 mobile OS or apps for sync of all OWA/exchange PIM functions Exchange Server Administration 3
S Outlook 2010 Pro 32bit not recognized by Mobile Device Center Using Outlook 2
D How to push a second outlook 2007 'private' calendar on exchange 2007 to my mobile phone. Using Outlook 1
J mobile device connection to exchange Exchange Server Administration 4
D mobile device sync Using Outlook 1
T Can Windows 7 64 bit Outlook 2007 be set up to sync with Apple Mobile me? Using Outlook 2
F Synchronizing with new Droid X mobile phone Using Outlook 1
D Underliverable Message after deleting mobile account in outlook 2007 Using Outlook 10
T windows mobile Exchange Server Administration 1
D Show Outlook 2010 Calendar Category Colors on my Mobile Phone. Using Outlook 2
M Sync calendars with mobile Using Outlook 1
L Sync Outlook data with window mobile 6.1 Using Outlook 6
B Outlook with BCM 2010 and Windows Mobile will not sync contacts separately Using Outlook 1
M BCM 2007 compatibility with Mobile 6.5 Using Outlook 1
R Hi, Is Outlook 2010 compatible thru active sync with Windows Mobile 6.1 Professional. Using Outlook 4
N Configuring Blackberry Mobile For Exchnage 2010 Exchange Server Administration 3
A 2010 SP1 - Unable to remove mobile phone partnership Exchange Server Administration 2
C Old personal PST calendar: want to sync it to outlook.com business email so it syncs to my mobile easily. Using Outlook 2
V Outlook 2007 and mobile devices having trouble with Exchange 2007 Using Outlook 2
N Outlook 2010 Vista 64bit not recognized by Mobile Device Center Using Outlook 2
J 2010 SP1 Upgrade introduced ActiveSync issues with Windows Mobile via TMG Exchange Server Administration 5
A Inaccurate transfer of files when syncing 2 windows mobile devices(htc touch pro II's) to outlook on pc-using Using Outlook 1
I How do I fix a user that is unable to setup account on Mobile phone? Exchange Server Administration 3
K Help with extracting data from a windows mobile device Using Outlook 5
A outlook 2010 and windows mobile device center Using Outlook 1
L outlook 2010 with business contact manager not syncing business contacts with Windows Mobile 5 Using Outlook 4
M Office 2010 Synchronization using Mobile Device Centre Using Outlook 4
G Outlook 2010 and Mobile Me Using Outlook 9
E windows mobile 6.1 et outlook 2007 Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
I Synching Outlook 2010 with Windows Mobile 6.1 BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1
K Outlook Mobile Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
B RE: Outlook 2007 - SMS Link (mobile text) crashing outlook Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
P unable to remove mobile device partnership Exchange Server Administration 3
M Windows Mobile Device Center freezes up! BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1
L How to acess the note field in contact item Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 19
N Backing Up Exchange Calendar Using Outlook 2
A Ol16 desktopT suddenly can't connect with Exchange Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 5