Security Certificate error in Outllook 2010.

Status
Not open for further replies.
V

V3Bok

I am running Exchange 2007 on a SBS 2008 server and I am using a self-signed SSL certificate for Outlook Anywhere.

I recently set up a user with Office 2010 and his Outlook 2010 keeps showing a certificate error every time the program is launched.

I have modified the internal URI to point to the certificate's common name and still get the same error.

Any thoughts?...

E

Evan Liu

Hi,

For this issue, please follow these steps to clarify the problem:

Use this tool to do a test for “Outlook Anywhere”, and paste the error in your next post:

Exchange Remote connectivity Analyzer

https://www.testexchangeconnectivity.com/

please describe the error more detail in your next post.(If the error has detail description, please paste the error description in your next post)

Here is a related post for Outlook 2010 and Exchange 2007 Self-Signed Certificate, hope it helps:

Exchange 2007 Self-Signed Certificates and Outlook 2010

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en/exchangesvradmin/thread/785c600d-a968-4385-a272-c737ecb689c2

please help me to collect the information at your convenience, with the information, we can help you more efficiently.

Thanks,

Evan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
D Server security certificate error on Outlook 2007 Using Outlook 3
J Is it no longer possible to suppress Outlook 2019 Invalid Certificate name mismatch security alert via Registry? Using Outlook 1
M 3rd Party Certificate now Security Alert Exchange Server Administration 2
Diane Poremsky The security certificate is not from a trusted certifying authority New Slipstick.com Articles 0
T Outlook 2007 SSL selfsigned certificate how to stop security popup everytime? Using Outlook 10
J "The server you are connected to is using a security certificate that cannot be verified" Using Outlook 2
S Outlook 2007 POP The serveryou are connected to using a security certificate that cannot be verified Using Outlook 5
A The Security certificate has Expired or is not yet valid Exchange Server Administration 2
E The server you are connected to is using a security certificate that cannot be verified. The target Using Outlook 4
B Re: The server you are connected to is using a security certificate that could not be verified. The Using Outlook 4
H Internet Security Warning for a security certificate Using Outlook 6
C "Name on the Security Certificate is Invalid or Does not Match..." using Outlok 2007 w/ Exchange 200 Using Outlook 59
DoctorJellybean Windows Security Credentials appears once a day Using Outlook 2
noshairwan Registry cannot be found, Outlook Security Using Outlook 2
D Security patch seems to kill vbscript on Enterprise Level Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
Diane Poremsky Outlook Email Security Update New Slipstick.com Articles 0
J Customize Attachement Security Warning Using Outlook 1
I Microsoft Security Update KB3097877 Using Outlook 14
smokiibear windows security mail application not accepting username and password Using Outlook 0
B Outlook Anywhere vs Activesync and Enterprise Security Exchange Server Administration 8
Commodore Skype and contacts security/privacy Using Outlook 1
E email security (backups) Using Outlook 2
A "Microsoft Exchange Add-In" (UmOutlookAddin.dll) + Outlook Security Form ... Using Outlook 4
T Outlook 2013, McAfee Security Suite and SMTP/POP3 Using Outlook 3
D Windows Security Using Outlook 1
D Outlook Security Question Using Outlook 3
C Security Question - How to prevent users exporting .iaf files Using Outlook 5
G Security-enabled Distro Group Members Can't Access Associated Group Mailbox Using Outlook 1
B 2003 >> 2010 outlook today security changes (Iframes? Href?) Using Outlook 1
H Microsoft outlook security notice Using Outlook 2
A Calendar Security Using Outlook 1
S Help: Your digital id name cannot be found by the underlying security system. Using Outlook 3
B After Latest Security Updates Outlook Will Not Connect to IMAP Server Using Outlook 5
K Exchange 2010 Health explorer on configuration, performace & security state is blank Exchange Server Administration 2
O Outlook 2010 is Missing the security tab - Using Outlook 1
H Is NOT using TNEF a security risk? Exchange Server Administration 10
A mcafee anti virus with Forefront security protection Exchange Server Administration 4
P Does Microsoft Exchange Server EWS support WS-Security standard Exchange Server Administration 3
T Security Essential and Need to Update My Password Using Outlook 1
A SendAs permission not found in Security tab Exchange Server Administration 6
G How to determine the "Distinguished Name string" of a security group for New-ManagementScope command Exchange Server Administration 2
J Security Update for Microsoft Office Word 2007 (KB2344993) causing IMCEAMAILTO delivery failures. Using Outlook 1
B security Improvements in last 10 years Exchange Server Administration 1
H Outlook 2003 - can't send emails. Get this message from Norton Internet Security "was unable to be Using Outlook 2
C Security problems downloading xps files Using Outlook 2
R windows 7 and outlook 2010 microsoft security username and password request Using Outlook 10
T Cannot add Members to Migrated Mail-enabled Security Group via EMC Exchange Server Administration 1
W Password logon security for Outlook 2010 Using Outlook 4
O OL 2007 Is Not Saving Changes to Security Settings - 'The messaging interface has returned an unknown error. . . . ' Using Outlook 2
L I can not send mail through Outlook 2007. It stopped working after the last Windows security patch for outlook. I can send fine through Explorer and Using Outlook 5