Status
Not open for further replies.
J

Jason-Palermo

Outlook started returning all email as undeliverable with the message:

"

Delivery has failed to these recipients or groups:

mailto:jason@palermo.ccname@externaldomain.com mailto:jason@palermo.cc
You can't send a message on behalf of this user unless you have permission to do so. Please make sure you're sending on behalf of the correct sender, or request the necessary permission. If the problem continues, please contact your helpdesk.

Diagnostic information for administrators:

Generating server:

name@externaldomain.com
#MSEXCH:MSExchangeIS:/DC=net/DC=domain:server[578:0x000004DC:0x0000001D] #SMTP#

"

This only happens when I send email with outlook, to internal or external addresses. If I send mail via OWA, email is sent as usual.

with outlook, " name@externaldomain.com" is typed into the to: box, I have tried showing the from: box and ensuring that my email address is listed, but that did not change the outcome.

The user is a part of the following security groups
------------------- Domain Users
Everyone
BUILTIN\Users
Network Configuration Operators
Remote Desktop Users
NT AUTHORITY\INTERACTIVE
CONSOLE LOGON
NT AUTHORITY\Authenticated Users
This Organization
LOCAL
Techs
TechTeam
ALL-OFFICE-USERS
SSL_Users
Organization Management
Discovery Management
Public Folder Management
CERTSVC_DCOM_ACCESS
Local_Admins-DL
Medium Plus Mandatory Level

One more note. I do NOT want to " send as" another account. I want to send email from my account.

<!-- [if gte mso 10]> <mce:style>
Jason Palermo

E

Ed Crowley [MVP]

You are logging on to the mailbox associated with the account you've logged in to, correct?

Is Outlook configured to use the Exchange Server transport, or is it using POP or IMAP, which use SMTP for sending? If it is the latter, then change it to Exchange Server (preferred) or change the SMTP server configuration to use port 587 and make sure to properly configure authentication to the SMTP server (your Exchange hub transport server). If it is the former, make sure that SELF has Send As right on your account.

Ed Crowley MVP " There are seldom good technological solutions to behavioral problems."

J

Jason-Palermo

yes, it is my mailbox

Outlook is using Exchange Server transport.

SELF did not have send as, but another user in the domain that is working fine also does not have that.

So, for my curiosity,I logged into another PC in the office, I can send email without issue. I come back to my main PC and the issue still exists.

Jason Palermo

A

Allen Song

Hi,

Please try to delete the Windows Profile and recreate one, then check this issue.

Thanks

Allen

Allen Song

J

Jason-Palermo

The functionality issues is resolved by new profile, but what caused the issue?

Late last week I setup a new user for our CRM software.

I ran " Get-Mailbox | Add-MailboxPermission -User " CRM_User&rdquo; &ndash;AccessRights FullAccess" in the Exchange Shell and the next day the email issue occured.

My user was the one that ran the command, and it was from my PC. (management tools intsalled)

When I opened the EMC, (I have UAC enabled) I am prompted for my password for domain\User1. As you can see above, I have appropriate group membership.

Immediately after the EMC opens, I click on " Microsoft Exchange On-Premises" and watch as it connects to the exchange server.

I saw, " Getting management role information for :domain.local/OU/CRM_User" , My user account is User1

After created a new profile, the EMC behaves as expected.

Jason Palermo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
B Outlook - Mail from safe senders list being sent to Spam Folder Using Outlook 0
H Outlook 2016 sent over 30 copies of an e-mail with attachments Using Outlook 1
N Outlook People Pane - Sent Mail Using Outlook 1
M Google Apps Mail *SENT* from iPhone doesn't download to Outlook via POP3 Using Outlook 1
P Outlook Keeps Synchronizing IMAP "Sent Mail" Folder Using Outlook 0
A Outlook 2013 IMAP using Google Mail App not syching Sent Mail Using Outlook 3
N rule to move sent mail to the deleted folder in outlook Using Outlook 4
S Outlook Macro for checking the mail is sent to outside organization Using Outlook 3
T sent mails in outlook 2010 not coming in the yahoo mail Using Outlook 1
R Outlook 2010 Sent emails don't appear in the sent mail folder Using Outlook 9
M Mail in HTML format can't be sent if url or number is in the body Outlook 2010 Using Outlook 2
G Outlook express 6.0 missing the attachment form the mail sent by outlook 2007 Using Outlook 4
B outlook 2010 is not saving sent mail in sent items folder and sometimes after appearing in sent item Using Outlook 1
C My Outlook is trying to send a 'ghost' e-mail...ones that have been deleted from the sent items list or outgoing e-mails list. Using Outlook 2
K Cant view folders set up on old version of outlook - and cant access mail sent to those folders . Using Outlook 1
C Where does the sent mail in outlook 2010 go to? Using Outlook 1
W When you send an e-mail message from a shared mailbox in Outlook 2010, the sent message is not saved Using Outlook 3
M I can receive emails. I reply or create a new e-mail and outlook shows it was successfully sent to the recipient. HOwever, the recipient never receive Using Outlook 2
H Outlook 2007 Professional Plus: Marking all 'sent mail' as read? Using Outlook 1
F OUTLOOK 2010 - How to delay sent mail? Using Outlook 2
D unable to send e mail in outlook message stuck in sent file Using Outlook 1
C Help setting up Email Accounts in Outlook 2007 with all folders (inbox, sent, junk mail, deleted items). Using Outlook 1
T I have 2 different sent mail folders. Sent Items for outlook, and sent-mail for server. I only want one folder. Using Outlook 1
D Mail sent from OWA has different signature font size in Outlook 2007 Using Outlook 4
S When replying to an e-mail in Outlook 2010 the e-mail is sent but all other e-mails in my inbox disappear. Using Outlook 0
B Outlook 2007 - E-mails saved to drafts have a sent time / date which is the creation date of the e-mail Using Outlook 4
S Outgoing mail not sent - "Sending' reported error (0x8004210B)". Outlook 2007, XP - where is Advance Using Outlook 2
B Outgoing mail not sent - 'Sending' reported error (0x8004210B)'. Outlook 2007, XP, Hotmail Using Outlook 8
G Confirm Each Recipient in a New Outlook Mail Before it is Sent Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
G Confirm Each Recipient in a New Outlook Mail Before it is Sent Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
D Mail in Sent Items Gone Using Outlook 6
GregS Outlook 2016 Sent Mail absent from Sent Mail or Sent Items Folders Using Outlook 8
M Sent mail not showing in Sent Items folder; but they can be found with Search Using Outlook 3
M Sent mail not showing in my sent folder Using Outlook 9
I How to receive mails on behalf of when sent to group mail? Using Outlook 2
undercover_smother Automatically Forward All Sent Mail and Delete After Send Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 10
Mark White VBScript Move sent mail to non-default folder Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 5
Mark White VBScript Move sent mail to non-default folder Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
P How to save sent mail and forward it the next day Exchange Server Administration 3
Emerogork How do I activate the "Send Again" option in Sent Mail folder? Using Outlook 1
S automatically moving flagged sent e-mail to a special folder Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
S categorizing and Filing sent mail items Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
H 2013 Rules do not run automaticlly on SENT mail Using Outlook 3
C Gmail mail sent to my 2003 Using Outlook 1
G "on behalf of..." not showing on Sent e-mail copy, but is on Delivered copy Using Outlook 5
T Find the sender who sent the mail from Generic Mailbox. Using Outlook 4
M 2 exchange accounts in 1 profile - mixing sent mail folder Using Outlook 1
O Sent mail from ( Yahoo ) appear on hotmail sent box Using Outlook 2
A Mail Merge - Sent but still in Outbox Using Outlook 5
D Sending mail from an IMAP account does not store sent mail on the correct folder Using Outlook 1