Windows 7 Pro + Outlook 2003 or Outlook 2007 + Exchange 2003 = RPC over HTTP doesn't work

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

Renata Vincoletto

Hi everybody,

I have laptops running windows xp and vista with both office 2003 and 2007.

Our exchange server is 2003.

Outlook anywhere works perfectly fine, and OWA as well.

Earlier this year, we decided to test Windows 7. It works quite fine, and we were even planning to upgrade everything to Windows 7. But we got stuck in this problem:

If you are running Windows 7, and you click in the outlook icon while holding the ctrl key, you can see that, on connection status, outlook is connecting using tcp/ip (but it was configured to connect using HTTPS)

On Windows XP and Vista, connection status shows HTTPS as expected.

Therefore, my Windows 7 users are unable to use outlook anywhere.

This is the output from rpcping on Windows 7:

Microsoft Windows [Version 6.1.7600]

rpcping -t ncacn_http -s {ExchangeServer} -o RpcProxy={RpcProxy server} -P " username,domain,password" -H 1 -u 9 -a connect -F 3 -E -R none -v 3

RPCPing v6.0. Copyright (C) Microsoft Corporation, 2002-2006
RPCPing set Activity ID: {5f7de2ae-cdcd-4d54-b324-5d80bd124109}
RPCPinging proxy server {RpcProxy server} with Echo Request Packet
Setting autologon policy to high
WinHttpSetCredentials for target server called
Error 87 : The parameter is incorrect.
returned in WinHttpSetCredentials
Ping failed

------------This is the output from RPCPing on Windows 2003 (Windows XP and Vista have the same answer)

Microsoft Windows [Version 5.2.3790]

rpcping -t ncacn_http -s {ExchangeServer} -o RpcProxy={RpcProxy server} -P " username,domain,password" -H 1 -u 9 -a connect -F 3 -E -R none -v 3

RPCPing v2.12. Copyright (C) Microsoft Corporation, 2002

OS Version is: 5.2, Service Pack 2

RPCPinging proxy server {RpcProxy server} with Echo Request Packet

Sending ping to server

Response from server received: 200

Pinging successfully completed in 110 ms

Ideas?

S

SR_

E

Evan Liu

Hi Renata,

Any updates on this issue?

If the problem persists, and you have done the test (Outlook Anywhere) at http://exrca.com/ , please paste the error in your next post( Note: if you are using self-signed certificate, you cannot do the test at that link).

I also want to clarify the following information:

1. What" s version of Office on the computers( which is running Windows 7)?

2. Do you get any error when you try to use RPC over HTTP? If so, please paste the error in your next post.

3. Please check the event log. If there is any error, please paste in your next post.

Here are some general troubleshooting steps, hope it helps:

1. Please check whether you have right configured RPC over HTTP. You can follow these documents to configure:

How to Create an Outlook Profile for Users to Use with RPC over HTTP(Outlook 2003)

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa996069(EXCHG.65).aspx

Use Outlook Anywhere to connect to your Exchange server without VPN(Outlook 2007)

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/outlook-help/use-outlook-anywhere-to-connect-to-your-exchange-server-without-vpn-HP010102444.aspx

2. Please check whether you have mismatched the Authentication.

3. Please follow this document to check the SSL certificate.(if you are using self-signed certificate, please make sure you have added the CA to the list of trusted CA"s on the server and all clients.)

How to Verify That SSL Certificate Is Installed on RPC Proxy Server

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa997449(EXCHG.65).aspx

4. Follow this document to troubleshoot the problem on RPC over HTTP.

Troubleshooting RPC over HTTP Communications

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb124649(EXCHG.65).aspx

Evan

R

Renata Vincoletto

Hi, sorry, i've been sick the last days. I'll probably be back to the office tomorrow and I'll return to this issue.

Thanks again!

Renata

E

Evan Liu

Hi Renata,

How about your problem? Any updates?

If the problem persists, please feel free to let me know and I will be glad to help.

Evan

S

SR_

Hello Renata,

Any updates can you run the tests and post the results

- SR_

-- Saakar "Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helps you, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread"

R

Renata Vincoletto

Hi,

I'm back!

1. What" s version of Office on the computers( which is running Windows 7)?

I've tried Office 2003, 2007 and 2010.

2. Do you get any error when you try to use RPC over HTTP? If so, please paste the error in your next post.

Nope... just get the message that I can't contact the server, that the server is offline.

3. Please check the event log. If there is any error, please paste in your next post.

No errors.

I understand RPC over HTTP is working, otherwise my Windows XP and Windows Vista would not be able to connect.

Ideas?

Renata

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
D Outlook (Office) 2007 & Windows 10 Pro Using Outlook 6
S Outlook 2007 isvery slow and non resonsive in Windows 7 Pro Using Outlook 2
A windows not detecting outlook pro 2010 64 bit as the default mail program Using Outlook 1
S MAPIError: Outlook 2003/Windows XP Pro Using Outlook 3
M Outlook 2010 will not start, when icon clicked. Running Windows XP Pro. Using Outlook 2
D Outlook 2010 Outlook in Windows 10 keeps asking for user name and password repeatedly Using Outlook 0
L Unable to Sync Web/Android MS To Do with Windows Outlook Tasks Using Outlook 3
B iCloud for Windows 11.2 disconnects by itself after 30-45 minutes Using Outlook 9
DoctorJellybean Windows Security Credentials appears once a day Using Outlook 2
D iCloud Add-in not working in Outlook 2013 and Outlook 2016 After Windows Upgrade & iCloud Upgrade Using Outlook 2
M Outlook 2010 Problem with OutLook 2010 32 bit, after Windows Auto Update Using Outlook 3
Marc2019 Cannot input Vietnamese Characters on my MSOutlook 2016 in Windows 7 Using Outlook 0
S Outlook 2007 Calendar instant search problem. Windows 7 Using Outlook 4
S Outlook 2007 Calendar instant search problem. Windows 7 Using Outlook 0
O Windows 1803 update : QAT and toolbar changed, language pack gone... Using Outlook 5
Mark Foley Color Categories on IMAP mail lost when installing new Windows 7 workstation Using Outlook 12
R Outlook and the Windows 10 notification center Using Outlook 8
V Outlook 2003 problem with Windows 10 Creators Update 1709 Using Outlook 0
R Sending emails via Outlook XP, from Windows 10 File Explorer Using Outlook 1
G Windows Update Causes BCM Database Access Problem? BCM (Business Contact Manager) 4
A BCM does not work with Windows 10 1703 any more BCM (Business Contact Manager) 3
J Outlook 2300 and Windows 10 Using Outlook 2
I Outlook on Windows Phone - compressed images .emz Using Outlook 0
A open Outlook with multiple windows. Using Outlook 0
K Paste from Windows Clipboard then change font without losing formatting Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
F POPIP Windows for every new email Using Outlook 2
T Saving all email to file folder in Windows Using Outlook 2
A added new calendar, now not syncing to windows phone Using Outlook 3
P How to make outlook display alert appear on top of other windows whenever a new email is received? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
K VBA to move emails in folder to a windows folder Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
GregS No contacts sync from Outlook 2016 to Windows Phone Using Outlook 0
Diane Poremsky iCloud, Outlook 2016, and Windows 10 New Slipstick.com Articles 0
O Windows 10 x64 Outlook 2013 - URL does not open (anymore) Using Outlook 3
S Outlook 2007, windows 10 Font size Using Outlook 1
Diane Poremsky To Change the Default E-mail Program in Windows New Slipstick.com Articles 0
Diane Poremsky Restoring BCM Database After Upgrading Windows New Slipstick.com Articles 0
Diane Poremsky Outlook Links Won't Open In Windows 10 New Slipstick.com Articles 1
J Outlook 2007 connector and Windows 10 Using Outlook 3
billzant Windows 10 Outlook 16 and mail not working, encryption? Using Outlook 3
Diane Poremsky Searching for Outlook Items in Windows New Slipstick.com Articles 0
M Mark Complete keyboard shortcut... on a mac running Windows Bootcamp Using Outlook 0
I Windows 10 - .msg files on disk show Explorer popup error Using Outlook 5
M Question: Is there a rule that will save email in Windows Explorer Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
A windows mobile 10 calendar not syncing Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 0
I Previewers, Outlook 2013 on Windows 10 Using Outlook 2
David Langer iCloud 5.0 for Windows and Outlook 2016 Using Outlook 5
A BCM crashes after Windows 10 update BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1
Snoopy How can I sync Windows (10) Outlook (2016) with other devices - frustrated! Using Outlook 4
jChambler Cant install BCM on windows 10 BCM (Business Contact Manager) 12
Diane Poremsky Outlook Error Ox800CCC13 in Windows 10 New Slipstick.com Articles 2