Outlook 2007 on Exchange 2003 - Meeting Organizer not seeing new proposed time from external parties

• Thread starter Pieter De Swardt
  • Start date Views 2,217
Status
Not open for further replies.
P

Pieter De Swardt

Hi All

I have a customer on Exchange 2003 using Outlook 2007. He sends out a meeting request to a user in a different company ( who is on Exchange 2007 ). The external user declines the meeting and proposes a new time. The organizer receives the declined message back, but the new proposed time is not shown in the header bar and is not added to the calendar in the new timeslot.

However - when the same organizer sends the same meeting request to an INTERNAL user. The internal recipient declines the request and sends the new proposed time back to the organizer. The organizer receives the message with the new proposed time showing up just fine and inserted in his calendar.

Any idea why this happens with external recipients outside the user's exchange organization ? I have searched the web and could not find a definitive answer.

Any help is appreciated

G

Gen Lin

Hi,

I tested this problem in my lab and it also can be reproduced. I did a research for this problem and found that this is a bug, it only happens between the exchange 2007 and the previous exchange servers. But unfortunately, I do not find a hotfix for this problem.

P

Pieter De Swardt

Hi,

I tested this problem in my lab and it also can be reproduced. I did a research for this problem and found that this is a bug, it only happens between the exchange 2007 and the previous exchange servers. But unfortunately, I do not find a hotfix for this problem.

Thanks - will MS create a hotfix for this issue ?

G

Gen Lin

will MS create a hotfix for this issue ?

Sorry, I do not sure. I have forwarded this problem to Exchange Product Team.

P

Pieter De Swardt

will MS create a hotfix for this issue ?

Sorry, I do not sure. I have forwarded this problem to Exchange Product Team.

Thanks - I have now logged a ticket with MS directly.

K

Kuneho

Hi Pieter,

We are having the same issue here at my organization. Any word from Microsoft about this issue? Hopefully they have a hotfix for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.