Mapi session exceeded the maximum of 32 objects of type "session".

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

A. Al-Haffar

Dear All

today i started to recieve the above event log on our Exchange 2007 CCR SP1 Rollup 8.

i temp. resolve this error by terminating some user sessions on store.exe by issuing

Get-LogonStatistics USERNAME | Sort-Object clientipaddress | Format-Table username,clientipaddress,logontime , and then colse the connection by using tcpview from SYSInternal, put the ptoblem comes back for different users, could you please explain to me why i am getting this error and how to resolve permanently.

thank you

A

AndyD_ [MVP]

This can be caused by a number of reasons:

Desktop Search Engines ( Google Search, Windows Search, Outlook Add-ins like xobni,etc..)

It could also be Outlook 2007/2010 clients that have " Download Shared Folders" option enabled for cache mode. If so, uncheck and test.

You can use exmon to determine which mapi client is hitting the server the most

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/details.aspx?FamilyId=9A49C22E-E0C7-4B7C-ACEF-729D48AF7BC9&displaylang=en

You should also run ExBpa against the server. If ths is Windows 2003, ensure you arent running into any scalable network issues. ExBpa should catch those:

http://msexchangeteam.com/archive/2007/07/18/446400.aspx

You can increase the session level, but I recommend you try to track down the source instead:

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb676486(EXCHG.80).aspx

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/842022

A

A. Al-Haffar

Thank you for the reply,

for the Putlook Add-ons we only install EV Outlook Add-ons form Symantec EV for Mail Archiving, regarding the network Scalable we are using Windows 2008 SP2 Enterprise Edition,

Tomorrow i will run the EXPBA and EXMON and provide you the details.

me too i dont recommend to modify the maximum number of sessions allowed.

i will update you, 1 Q, i read in other articles i can reduce the TimeToLive to 5 minutes do you recommend this, if yes how i can do it ?

thank you

A

AndyD_ [MVP]

I would focus on the finding the culprits rather than trying to " fix" any TTLs. The EV Add-in might be a good place to start. Also check to see if any Outlook 2007/2010 clients have download shared folders checked.

A

A. Al-Haffar

i got something strange when running EXBPA,

it says This server has 1 GB or more of physical memory and HeapDeCommitFreeBlockThreshold has not been set to 262144 , please go to http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa998162(EXCHG.80).aspx , we recently failed over to the passive(previously) node and after that i start recieving this error , do you think i have to modify the registrey key please advice me, and regarding the shared folder options the users who complain have Outlook 2003 , Outlook 2007 users didnt complain.

waiting for the reply

thank you

A

A. Al-Haffar

i modified the registery key, re-run EXPBA and got no errors

do i have to restart the exchange server ??

G

Gavin-Zhang

Hi A.AL-Haffar,
You do not need restart the exchange server.
Regards!
Gavin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
P CDO MAPI Session failing to retrieve user name but Getexchage user Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
F MAPI, User Defined Fields and perspective after 20 years Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
Dennis Gaudenzi Your setup couldn't be started because of an unexpected error (mapi 0x80040604) Using Outlook 14
A How to enable outlook room finder (outlook connector (mapi)) user ? Using Outlook 3
J Unwanted US Holiday Contact folder in Outlook.com syncs to MAPI/Phone Address book Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 9
P office 2013 communigate mapi Using Outlook 0
S Outlook 2013 MAPI 1.0 Error Using Outlook 2
L Mapi folder.FIND: error Using Outlook 0
J [outlook-users] Icloud + Mapi profile + Using Outlook 1
C MAPI to access a 64 bit Outlook from a 32 bit application; or access via ODBC Using Outlook 0
K Two MAPI Accounts One Contacts data set Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 2
V Add Additional MAPI address book GPO? Using Outlook 12
W Outlook 2010: Need to keep restarting outlook to download mail from a MAPI server Using Outlook 4
P “Word couldn’t send because of MAPI failure: “Operation not supported”. Using Outlook 2
F Install the Microsoft Exchange Server MAPI Client and Collaboration Data Objects 1.2.1 on Exchange 2 Exchange Server Administration 7
M Users exceeding the MAPI connection limit Using Outlook 5
D Can not find your mail folders by default. An unexpected error has occurred. MAPI was unable to load Using Outlook 2
E error code MAPI error 0x80040107. I'm trying to move email messages and email lists from my old MS Using Outlook 2
H Tracing MAPI Email Using Outlook 7
B just loaded outlook 2010 went to open it and just getting another box up saying Manged MAPI Service Catastrophic Failure. ( Eexption has beed thrown b Using Outlook 3
B Exchange MAPI Client and CDO using RPC over HTTP / Outlook Anywhere Using Outlook 2
F Outlook 2007 appears broken after Office 2010 uninstall: problem with MAPI and mspst.dll Using Outlook 6
V Exchange MAPI/CDO Download? Exchange Server Administration 3
A MS Outlook 2010 Professional Plus - Word couldn't send mail because of a MAPI failure: "Operation no Using Outlook 4
M MAPI error 0X80040107 Using Outlook 5
S After installing 3rd party Certificate for IIS , prompt warning for mapi clients the name on security certificate is invalid , Exchange Server Administration 3
C Installing Mapi client on server 2008 r2 Using Outlook 2
D MAPI with POP3 ISP Using Outlook 1
C cas array and mapi Exchange Server Administration 1
B Where do MAPI clients connect when 2 CAS exist in a single AD site config? Exchange Server Administration 6
J Strange issue with distribution group names and MAPI Using Outlook 2
L MAPI setup and configuration Exchange Server Administration 16
W MAPI Fix Using Outlook 4
S How do I set up a MAPI account for my hotmail email address through outlook 2007 Using Outlook 3
V Mobile Device Center doesn't work with Outllok 2010. MAPI Configuration is completely wrong! Using Outlook 11
P I cannot delete contact folders for MAPI accounts Using Outlook 4
W Translation (MAPI) error 0x80070057 Using Outlook 1
H How to track IP of email sender using MAPI Using Outlook 20
N MAPI was unable to load the information service MSNCON.dll Using Outlook 5
E Redemption MAPI access(c#) Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
R Load Balancing MAPI ports Exchange Server Administration 18
S Outlook 2007: MAPI Error 0X80040107 when importing contacts from an external file. Using Outlook 3
E Google MAPI account Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
H Error code: Managed MAPI Service Catastrophic Failure Using Outlook 5
M Move Mailbox from Exchange 2010 to Exchange 2010 (no DAG) - Client Outlook MAPI Profile still lists Exchange Server Administration 9
R Create a new contact use MAPI? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
A Generating valid MAPI URLs for Outlook 2003 Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
M Custom mapi is not displayed in the readingpane. Why? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
M How to install custom mapi form programmatically? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
M How to add a message to a mapi view folder Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1