Calendar status in Outlook 2007

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Magic Schoolbus

I'm looking at the following problem within my office.

This is how the scenario plays out.
I create a new calendar event with attendees. I set the calendar status to show Out Of Office. I sent the invite out Attendees recieved the email with the invitation but didn't do anything yet and the event will show up as tentative in their calendar Attendee accepts the invitation and the event changes to Out Of Office as well. I updated my event staus to be Busy and sent out an update Attendees will recieved an email with the update but email will mention no action is required, event in calendar still shows as Out of Office on their calendar Attendees accept the update and the event in the calendar will change to Busy.

Between step 6-8, Outlook have been kind of dodgy, sometimes the event get updated, sometimes it does not, i'm not sure what is going on....

Please let me know if there is any more information i can provide to solve this problem

Cheers MS

M

Magic Schoolbus

Hi Gavin,
No developmement was done, everything was done with what Outlook 2007 already have.

Let me know if i need to move my post to somewhere else.

Apaprently the issue is intermittent, sometimes Outlook will adjust the status for attendees correctly, but most of the time it doesn't at all.

It's very fustrating.

Cheers!

Cheers MS

G

Gavin-Zhang

HI Magic Schoolbus,
Could I verify some information from you?
What do you mean Calendar status, do you use OCS system in your scenario, do do you mean the presence status?
Then we could narrow down the issue.
Regards!
Gavin

M

Magic Schoolbus

Hi Gavin,

Sorry for the bad explanation, what I meant by Calendar status is the Free/Busy information.

Yes we do have OCS deployed in my firm.

Cheers !

Cheers MS

G

Gavin-Zhang

Hi Magic Schoolbus,
What do you mean " I updated my event staus to be Busy and sent out an update " ?
How do you change the status, do you mean the icon of the presence status?
If so, in my opinion, it is with ocs issue, because the changing status feature is one of the OCS.
And I also want to verify that:
Did you send the update after changing the status or before changing the status?
And if you set you as OOF, why sent a meeting request; if you want to send a meeting request, why you set you as OOF, you could change your status as normal, and then sent the meeting request and update.
Regards!
Gavin

M

Magic Schoolbus

Hi Gavin,

What do you mean " I updated my event staus to be Busy and sent out an update " ?
How do you change the status, do you mean the icon of the presence status?
I opened the calender event from Outlook 2007 and changed the free/busy information under the " Show As:" drop down list.

Did you send the update after changing the status or before changing the status?

Yes, I did.
Attendees will receive an email with the update but email will mention no action is required, event in calendar still shows as Out of Office on their calendar

Cheers MS

G

Gavin-Zhang

Hi Magic Schoolbus,
Per your description, It seems that the feature is hosted on OCS, and has a add-in application install on outlook.
Does the status sync with the status of the OC client's presence status?
Regards!
Gavin

M

Magic Schoolbus

Hi Gavin,

Well it does, presence will change in OCS in accordance with the event free/busy information.

However the problem is that the when the host send update to attendees with new free/busy information, it doesn't get reflected on the attendee's calendars.

Gavin would you like to add me to IM or PM me ?

cheers !

Cheers MS

G

Gavin-Zhang

Hi Magic,
Sorry for that I can not give you my IM.
Per your test, I would test as below:
If I set my OOF on outlook, then I want to create a meeting request, I would change my OOF through " turn off" it, but not change the " show as" , and then create some meeting request and other things.
Per my known, OCS and exchange integration, it would sync the free/busy information through a special way, but the operation is by OCS feature, not exchange; Finally, the presence information would be retrieved by the OC client and outlook client.
And because the issue you have occured sporadically, you must analyze the log to confirm the issue. I would suggest that you open a ticket from MS OCS support, it it is urgent.
Regards!
Gavin

Status
Not open for further replies.