Multiple users cannot connect to the same mailbox in Outlook

Status
Not open for further replies.
O

optdoug

Here is my problem.

I have a windows 2003 domain with a single Exchange 2003 server. I have a single username that all of the students in my lab login to. All can login to the domain fine. The problem is that when they all open Outlook to connect to the mailbox, only a few can connect at the same time. All the others just get " Disconnected" in the lower right hand corner of the Outlook window.

Is there a limit as to how many users can connect to the same mailbox at the same time? If so, how can I change this?

Thanks in advance,

Doug

O

optdoug

That sounds like it might work, but how many MAPI connections does one Outlook client require?

Doug

K

Khoj Sahiwala

32 sessions are the max allowed on exchange 2003.

If you select your mailbox in ESM and click logon tab and add/remoev columns , you will find that after 32 sessions it gets locked.

You can reset the sessions and after resetting you will find that clients are able to connect. It will also throw an event 9646

S

Sembee [MVP]

That sounds like it might work, but how many MAPI connections does one Outlook client require?

Doug
Can be as high as eight or more. There is no fixed number.

Simon.

Simon Butler, Exchange MVP
Blog | Exchange Resources

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
S Managing shared malibox with multiple users. Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
T Auto synching a single contact folder for multiple Outlook users with Exchange Exchange Server Administration 9
D Multiple Users Updating Custom Form At Same Time Using Outlook 1
E "Current View" settings across multiple users on same Exchange 2007 account. Using Outlook 1
J Multiple users on Outlook 2010 with one Windows login - privacy? Using Outlook 4
J Outlook 2007 and 2010 for multiple calendar users Using Outlook 1
M Multiple email users on one computer user - Outlook 2010 Using Outlook 3
B Same Email Address used by Multiple Users - GAL Exchange Server Administration 6
J Can multiple exchange users share same categories? Exchange Server Administration 4
J Picking contacts from multiple users Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
L how to populate multiple users contacts Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 9
J Multiple calendars Using Outlook 0
C Multiple emails Using Outlook 3
C Outlook with Office365 - search across account, by date rate, in multiple folders - how? Using Outlook 2
E Asking user to select multiple options in a list in an email Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
A Multiple signatures Using Outlook 2
O Outlook tasks - Add text column with multiple lines Using Outlook 3
R How to get the Items object of the default mailbox of a specific account in a multiple account Outlook? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
I Saving attachments from multiple emails and updating file name Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
L Multiple Inboxes Using Outlook 3
RBLampert Accessing Outlook accounts from multiple computers Using Outlook 8
Martull Forced signature when multiple accounts exist Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
T Outlook 2010 Correct way to map multiple contact fields Using Outlook 4
Y Open and Save Hyperlink Files in multiple emails Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 9
O Multiple email accounts - hesitate to create a new profile Using Outlook 3
papa.deblanc Multiple Instances Using Outlook 6
V Multiple Calendars in Outlook To-Do Bar; Office 365 Using Outlook 3
A Add multiple servers "on behalf of" email to "safe senders" list. Using Outlook 1
M possible to search Outlook for multiple email addresses at once? Using Outlook 1
C Macro to add multiple recipients to message Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
D [TOOL] QuickModules to sort emails very quickly to multiple folders Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
A Multiple Outlook Invites Received by One Person Using Outlook 4
N Selecting multiple calendar items Using Outlook 4
F Sharepoint tasks from multiple accounts in To-Do List Using Outlook 8
N Multiple instances of Outlook on Start Menu Using Outlook 2
D Edit Subject (Multiple Accounts) Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 5
B VBA Macro for assigning multiple Categories to an email in my Inbox Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
L Need to import multiple Outlook files to Office 365 Account Using Outlook 4
B Deleting multiple accounts Using Outlook 1
I Dialog called up multiple times when saving emails from macro Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
M Multiple spurious empty folders appear in archive files Using Outlook 3
G Bcc help - Preventing multiple forwards from a bcc'd distribution group Using Outlook 1
J Outlook Rules - Changing auto-submit address in multiple rules, according to rule name Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
F Send multiple batch tasks to single person Using Outlook 3
M Multiple workstations and multiple accounts - keep in sync? Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 2
A Sending Emails Through Outlook From Multiple Email Addresses Using Outlook 1
S How to extract mail items from multiple folders and shared mailboxes? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
A open Outlook with multiple windows. Using Outlook 0
M Ensure the same inbox view across multiple outlook instances Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 7
D Multiple mailboxes, 1 certificate. How to prevent message "Invalid Certificate" Using Outlook 0