Email not sent and disappears from Outbox - not copied to Sent Items - Outlook various versions

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

SteveB UK

I've asked in the Email Problem forum - but this seems more appropriate place.

At wits end. Tried Outlook XP, 2003, 2007, 2010. Symptoms are emails disappear from the Outbox but not copied to Sent Items. Common thing is the SMTP server. My client composes 70-100 emails off line. Goes online and then does a send/receive. SMTP gives an error - and the emails disappear from the Outbox never to be seen again. There may or maynot be a message in the status/details window - I'm not there when it happens.

AV is Security Essentials, also had AVG, Mcafee, Symantec. No filters, no rules.

What I do know is that for some reason (spam detected, max sessions in SMTP, other compliance) the SMTP server rejects the Outlook session. The emails are discarded by the server, and Outlook does something internal that means the emails get deleted from the Outbox and go nowhere to be found. We don't know what the emails are because they are no longer there.

Mailbox is POP, SMTP, server Mercury32 on Server2003. Ive swapped hardware, software, Office, laptop. But the client still gets the problem. Common thing is that SMTP rejects the entire session. It doesn't happen every time he goes online. Recent failure was I put a SPAM filter in the port 25, it had a MAX_EMAILS_PER_SESSION set to 10, and he lost a days work. Kept sending emails, but not checked the Sent Items folder (who does that? If Outbox count goes to zero - they're sent off surely)

Crazy thing. Everything works fine for 30 other users who run Outlook Express/Outlook. The difference is that this one guy generates 70-100 emails and Outlook tries to send them all inside one SMTP session. Its like the difference between Outlook Express and old versions of Outlook when downloading POP3. You traced it? OE downloads one message, then deletes it. Outlook Downloads all, then deletes them at the end. If the POP session disconnects then the Outlook client used to download them all again. And again. And again.

What I would like to know is - if there is an UNDOCUMENTED SETTING that makes Outlook send one email at a time in a single SMTP session. Any real MS Outlook Gurus out there who can help?

Thanks - I have a little hair left and would appreciate keeping the rest ;-)

Steve

G

Gen Lin

Hi,

I would contact the support of the mail system:

http://www.pmail.com/support.htm

Please Note: Microsoft provides third-party contact information to help you find technical support. This contact information may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this third-party contact information.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
S Email Disappears when moving from "Sent Items" folder to another folder Using Outlook 1
J Sent Items Folder NOT Showing Correct From Email Address Using Outlook 0
J Outlook Reply > From > Other Email Address... > Address Not Showing in Sent Items... From Email Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
T Column to display which email alias a message was sent to Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 6
T Outlook converts sent email to txt attachments when sync Using Outlook 0
R VBA for copying sent email to current folder under a shared mailbox Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 17
oliv- determine to which address an email has been sent Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
B One email cannot be sent or received (but leaves outbox!) Using Outlook 1
M Print email and, attachments sent in hyperlinks in the email Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
W Deleting Sent Task Email, Deletes the task from my list Using Outlook 1
I ConversationId of a New Email sent Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
S Send email via SMTP - use transport rules to add to senders inbox (then rule to move to sent items Exchange Server Administration 1
R Sending email copy (*.msg file) of sent email if subject line contains specific string. Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
I Check if sent email has been replied Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
D Mysterious email sent from my account Using Outlook 4
M Why delivery receipt size is same than sent email size or even larger? Using Outlook 1
J How to validate any email address before it is sent Using Outlook 2
Diane Poremsky Display the Recipient Email Address in the Sent Items Folder New Slipstick.com Articles 0
Norbert VBA Flag that would indicate the email was sent from Outlook to Access. Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
M Email Appearance in Sent Items Folder Using Outlook 1
N linking an already sent/rec'd email to contact record like it did in 2000 Using Outlook 0
V Outlook 2013 deleting email text when sent Using Outlook 11
bifjamod Saving sent email to specific folder based on category with wildcard Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
rc4524 Create auto follow-up reminder email for already sent messages Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
C Outlook 2013 - Email Gets Sent - But Does Not Move From Outbox to Sent Box Using Outlook 4
J Email not sent Using Outlook 6
R Body of email not visible in Outlook Data File Sent Folder Using Outlook 4
T Sending One Email to Trigger Another Being Sent Using an Email within the 1st? Using Outlook 0
J How to sort incoming email that is sent to a different address to my main one? Using Outlook 1
L Outlook sent items. (email) Using Outlook 2
C Defer email delivery - but when force sent using F9 Using Outlook 1
J Duplicate email when receiving email sent To: me and CC to a group I belong to Using Outlook 16
D See Email Address Received Email was Sent To? Using Outlook 1
J sent email not reflected on sent items Using Outlook 1
P Linking email responses to initial email sent Using Outlook 5
C email sending window won't go away even after email has sent Exchange Server Administration 2
D Save sent email in second account not default account? Using Outlook 1
S Email get delayed when sent!!! Using Outlook 1
G Not receiving email when sent as part of a group Using Outlook 5
R Local email sent to distribution group goes to poison queue Exchange Server Administration 4
R Can't see jpg signature in Outlook 2003 after email is sent Using Outlook 3
M Is the Format of Receiving Email by 'Office Outlook' Different from that Sent by 'Outlook Express' ?? Using Outlook 3
B Sent email not being saved in same mailbox Using Outlook 1
M Tables lost in Sent Email and Can't see Table in Viewed Inbox email. Using Outlook 2
A Outlook 2010 suddenly not allowing email to be sent. Using Outlook 3
O Unable to sent email, 'Microsoft outlook cannot sign or encryt this message, no certification which can be use with this address...' Using Outlook 2
E Sent email appear in Inbox Using Outlook 2
C Email is received in 'Plain Text' and can not be viewed in 'HTML'. Sender indicates Email is sent in HTML. Using Outlook 1
O email sent multiple times to the recipients Using Outlook 1
S Expanding image when email sent. Using Outlook 2