Outlook 2010 Clients can't reply to emails or download offline address book? Hosted Exchange 2007

Status
Not open for further replies.
N

Nathan Brooks

We have hosted exchange 2007 that we have recently upgraded from 2003. It is a single server environment running Outlook anywhere and separate address lists per company. We have all of our Outlook 2003 and 2007 clients working fine and they are pulling the correct address lists.

We are having a few issues with Outlook 2010 clients. They are unable to reply to any emails. As soon as they click send, they get the error " The operation failed. The messaging interfaces have returned an unknown error, if the problem persists restart Outlook. Cannot resolve recipient." They are able to send any new emails.

Also, the users are unable to download their offline address book using send receive. They get an error " Task reported error (0x8004010F): The operation failed. An object cannot be found."

We have autodiscover setup on all the domains that we host using SRV DNS records, which works fine in outlook 2007. We have tested RPC over HTTP and Autodiscover using https://www.testexchangeconnectivity.com. These have all passed. We are able to replicate this problem on multiple Outlook 2010 machines and multiple accounts.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

J

James-Luo

This forum is for the issue on the on-premise exchange product which isn"t for commercial hosting solution. Microsoft Hosted Messaging and Collaboration (HMC) is the one, and here"s the contact information to support such hosted environment

James Luo

E

Eric McLain

After reading Nathan's post, I am finding that I'm in the same boat after migrating from Exchange 2003 to 2007. My 2003 and 2007 clients are pulling the address lists correctly, and are not having any issues. My 2010 clients are unable to reply to emails, and unable to pull down the address book. I am also using SRV records to redirect and locate autodiscover. The only difference I see with my issue is that I'm not " hosting" exchange, but rather segmenting my exchange address books by the multiple domains that we have for our child companies.

Can anyone assist?

Sincerely, Eric L. McLain

J

James-Luo

You also got the error when replied any message on the outlook 2010 client?

“The operation failed. The messaging interfaces have returned an unknown error, if the problem persists restart Outlook. Cannot resolve recipient”

Does the issue happen on all outlook 2010 clients?

When you reply the message, please remove the recipients from “To”, “CC” fields, and then manually enter the email addresses of the recipients (Without using AutoComplete feature), see if the issue still appears

Please check the build number on the problematic outlook 2010. Mine is “14.0.5128.5000”, and it"s working well with message replying

As the issue only happens on the outlook 2010 client solely, I think there"s no malfunction on the exchange servers, otherwise, the symptom should appear on all outlook clients. For the issues on the outlook 2010, please use the “Outlook IT Pro Discussions” forum which would be the best place for it

E

Eric McLain

It's on all 2010 clients.

My build is the same as yours.

Removing the recipients from the fields and reentering the email addresses works fine without using autocomplete.

I'm not convinced that the error is client-related, since the OAB will also not load. GAL works fine, OAB does not. This did not appear to be a problem with exchange 2003, which is why I don't think it's a client-side issue.

Sincerely, Eric L. McLain

J

James-Luo

I see. So, the OAB issue only happens on outlook 2010 client than other client version?

Does the issue happen to internal workstation or external workstation (Outlook Anywhere)?

Please check if there"s any error event in the application log on the problematic clients and CAS servers

Resources:

Error message when Outlook synchronizes an offline address book with Exchange Server 2007 and Exchange Server 2010: " 0x8004010F"

Error when you try to send or to receive email by using Outlook 2010: " 0x8004010F: Outlook data file cannot be accessed"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
R Thousand of sync issues on Outlook clients with Exchange 2010 Exchange Server Administration 5
S New Outlook 2003 Clients with Existing Exchange 2010 error's Exchange Server Administration 6
J Post SP3 upgrade - outlook 2003/2010 clients cannot connect Using Outlook 1
A cannot connect outlook 2007 clients to exchange 2010 Exchange Server Administration 3
C Outlook 2010 with BCM - Database Connection problems using Windows 7 Clients Using Outlook 1
D Upgraded to Exchange 2010 SP1 and now random Outlook clients are requesting authentication Exchange Server Administration 1
S Exchange 2010 Autodiscover Problems, cannot connect Outlook clients using Autodiscover / Outlook Any Exchange Server Administration 4
R how to configure outlook 2007 clients to publish free busy info to public folder in exchange 2010 (s Exchange Server Administration 3
A What are the known sharing issues with Outlook 2003 clients and Outlook 2010 clients on the same network? Exchange Server Administration 3
A What are the known sharing issues with Outlook 2003 clients and Outlook 2010 clients on the same network? Using Outlook 1
M Does a shared Outlook BCM 2007 database work with both Outlook BCM 2007 and 2010 clients? Using Outlook 2
B Some Outlook clients not opening (2003/2007/2010) but no apparent issue with mailboxes Using Outlook 4
C Exchange 2010 with Outlook 2007 clients randomly disconnecting Exchange Server Administration 5
B Outlook XP clients connected to Exchange 2010 server can not view Plain Text Messages Exchange Server Administration 8
C Reboot a CAS array member causes Outlook 2010 clients to prompt for credentials. Using Outlook 5
C External Outlook users using RPC over proxy cannot view free/busy data - Exchange 2007 on 2008 server - Outlook 2010/2007 Clients Using Outlook 1
P Exchange 2010 and Outlook 2007 clients inbox dissapears Using Outlook 2
D Exchange 2010 and outlook clients mails delays/delete and other problems Exchange Server Administration 9
M Outlook 2010 clients getting message "Contacting the server for information" to exchange 2010 server Exchange Server Administration 12
M What Antivirus Clients are compatible with Outlook 2010 64-bit Using Outlook 2
K Exchange 2010 Archive support Outlook clients? Exchange Server Administration 9
T Exchange 2010 and POP3 Outlook Clients. Exchange Server Administration 6
e_a_g_l_e_p_i I think it may be time to upgrade from Outlook 2010 Using Outlook 3
T Why does outlook 2010 convert only some forum notifications to plain text? Using Outlook 2
I Error saving screenshots in a custom form in outlook 2016, outlook 365 - ok in outlook 2013, outlook 2010 Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 5
M Outlook 2010 Problem with OutLook 2010 32 bit, after Windows Auto Update Using Outlook 3
M PST import from Outlook 2007 to 2010 - Address Book contacts all in 1 group Using Outlook 4
D Outlook 2010 account setup fails in particular domain Using Outlook 3
B Outlook 2010 is Auto Purging when not configured for that Using Outlook 1
W Outlook 2010 Reading Pane Slows Startup Using Outlook 3
S Outlook 2010 unable to change default font Using Outlook 7
B Outlook 2010 Can not find a certain file in M/S Outlook 2010. Using Outlook 1
Mark Foley Cannot enable add-in in outlook 2010 Using Outlook 0
W Outlook 2010 some sent items marked unread now (was Ok before) Using Outlook 0
RBLampert Updating from Outlook 2010 to Outlook 365 Using Outlook 0
L What are the risks of opening an Outlook 2016 .pst file in Outlook 2010? Using Outlook 4
S Unable to remove rule outlook 2010 Using Outlook 0
N Outlook 2010 Flag blocked for Safe Senders List???? Using Outlook 7
dweller Outlook 2010 Rule Ignores VBA Script Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
Mark Foley Unable to subscribe to published calendar in Outlook 2010 Using Outlook 4
K Maximum Categorize Shortcuts In Outlook 2010? Using Outlook 1
E Unable to open Outlook 2010 after adding new email account Using Outlook 4
RBLampert Outlook 2010 no longer (?) shrinks large images Using Outlook 4
N Outlook 2010 will not send nor receive Using Outlook 4
U Outlook 2010 'freezes' before moving emails Using Outlook 2
P Outlook 2010 trusted emails going to spam folder Using Outlook 18
E Outlook 2010 Subject sort uses Thread-Topic for grouping Using Outlook 2
King Mustard Maximum Categorize shortcuts in Outlook 2010? Using Outlook 1
C Outlook 2010 keeps asking for username and password Using Outlook 1
M Duplicate Primary Mail Accounts outlook 2010 Using Outlook 0