User running outlook 2003 not able to connect to Exchange server 2007

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

dvua

She was fine yesterday and now this morning she can not connect to the Exchange server (status is Disconnected). She is the only one with the problem and she as network connectivity to all other network resources. No changes were made with exchange at all. Any ideas?

D

dvua

I do see that it says its offline at the bottom right of screen. However, when I click on it and see other options such as "work offline" I dont see one to connect. Also, I logged on with my credentials and outlook connects fine with the exchange server. But not when she logs on.

V

Vministrator

now logong to your Exchange Server and take the properties of this email account and make sure you have MAPI enabled for this account.

D

dvua

On the exchanger server, looking at the properties for her mailbox, the mailbox features tab: it lists MAPI and says its Enabled.

E

Evan Liu

Hi dvua,

I suggest you follow these steps to troubleshoot the problem:

1. Recreate her profile to have a try, you can follow these steps to recreate the profile:

a. From Start menu, go to Settings, and Control Panel, click on Mail icon. A Mail Setup window comes up.

b. Click on Show Profiles, you will see your Outlook email profile from here, and click the "Remove" button to delete her profile.

c. Follow the this link to create her profile in Outlook 2003:

How to create and configure an email profile in Outlook 2010, Outlook 2007, and Outlook 2003

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/829918

2. Use OWA to see whether she can access the mailbox or not.

If the problem persists, please feel free to let me know and I will be glad to help.

Thanks,

Evan

Status
Not open for further replies.