Outlook 2007 won't send/revieve posts until some mail is archived

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

CPDyer

This may be a very elementary question, but here's the situation:

1 The user (the very non-technical user) is using Outlook 2007 on a machine running Windows XP Pro SP3, 4 GB RAM, 2.5 GHZ P4. She is accessing Exchange Server 2003 Enterprise SP2.

2 The user sends and receives a lot of mail. She has tens of thousands of posts in her inbox and thousands of posts in her outbox.

3 The user has set up a complicated folder structure in her inbox to try to keep track of mail.

4 On occasion, the user will be working away and will become aware that she hasn't got a new post in about a half hour, something quite unusual for her. She might also get a phone call indicating that some mail that she had sent out has not arrived. She will notice a smaill icon at the bottom of the screen indicating an error condition.

5 She then archives some mail, usually in the outbox. Within a few seconds she gets an avalanche of mail, as all the mail which had not arrived now shows up at once. Also, all outgoing mail which had not gone out is sent with the same time stamp. (I became involved in this when I got three posts from her which all had the exact same time stamp and asked how she did that.)

6 There does not seem to be a set number of posts in either the inbox or the outbox which will trigger this behaviour. There also does not seem to be a set size of her email database. However, this is happening more and more often now.

Does anyone know what might be going on? I'd suspect that the server is running low on space, but it's the Enterprise version, and that should be able to see 16 TB, which should be vast overkill for the user's company. And, besides, everyone else at the site uses the same server and no-one else is having this problem.

G

Gen Lin

Hi,

Try to test the outlook on online mode and see if the issue persists:

a. Click Tools->Options->Mail setup tab->E-mail Accounts.
b. Highlight the outlook account, click Change.
c. Uncheck the "Use Cached Exchange mode" checkbox and restart the outlook.
What's result?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
P Outlook 2007 won't connect Using Outlook 6
M Outlook 2007 won't respond? Using Outlook 3
B outlook 2007 won't play video attachments Using Outlook 3
W Outlook exp. 2007 problems - won't receive new mail Using Outlook 1
A Outlook 2007 won't show appointments/meetings in calendar on actual date, only on date appt/mtg made Using Outlook 1
E Outlook 2007 won't connect to 2nd Mailbox Server in a DAG Exchange Server Administration 2
R Microsoft Outlook 2007: Won't Connect to Comcast Email. Using Outlook 4
M Outlook 2007 - Contact detail won't open Using Outlook 2
C Outlook 2007 won't let me save new contacts in my address book because I don't have a PAB set up and Using Outlook 3
M Outlook 2007 signature font won't stay as I set it Using Outlook 1
P Outlook 2007 won't send email with attachments Using Outlook 2
F Outlook 2007 won't hold password Using Outlook 1
T microsoft outlook 2007 won't start. Been using it fine for months. What's up Using Outlook 1
P 1. Outlook 2007 won't send messages.__ Also:__2. I can't attach a 2nd email address to Outlook 2007. Using Outlook 1
K Outlook 2007 When I attempt to open a new email, it won't open and says 'not responding' Using Outlook 5
H Outlook 2007 won't send outgoing emails Using Outlook 4
T Outlook 2007: outgoing email with addresses taken from address book won't send Using Outlook 9
B Outlook 2007 won't connect to Exchange on the first launch Using Outlook 1
C Outlook 2007 Business Contacts Manager won't install (and I can't get help from Microsoft) Using Outlook 2
T Outlook 2007 won't send message with email address that is not in my address book. Using Outlook 2
L Outlook 2007 won't open unless i restart my computer. Using Outlook 1
S outlook 2007 installed. office 2010 student just installed. outlook now won't function Using Outlook 1
H Outlook 2007 was working fine and now won't open. Using Outlook 2
S Re: Outlook 2007 won't re-open once closed Using Outlook 1
D Outlook 2007 won't open without granting access to the program. Using Outlook 5
K word 2007 attachment won't open on windows 7 machine using Outlook Web Access v2003 Using Outlook 1
S Verwendung von Outlook 2007 Using Outlook 0
A Arthur needs help with 2007 Outlook e-mail Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 3
M PST import from Outlook 2007 to 2010 - Address Book contacts all in 1 group Using Outlook 4
S outlook 2007 calendar search Using Outlook 6
B Migrate Outlook 2007 to Office 365 Using Outlook 3
X I have met my waterloo trying to resolve embedded graphics problem with outlook 2007 and now 2016 Using Outlook 1
R Outlook 2007 only loads some appointments Using Outlook 0
C Move Outlook 2007 to new PC with Outlook 365 Using Outlook 3
J Outlook 2007 Hide Messages Option not Available Using Outlook 2
S Outlook 2007 Calendar instant search problem. Windows 7 Using Outlook 4
S Outlook 2007 Calendar instant search problem. Windows 7 Using Outlook 0
B Server errors Outlook 2007 Using Outlook 1
S Reboot of frozen windows7 results in changed outlook 2007 settings Using Outlook 1
S Outlook 2007 printing wrong email address at top of page Using Outlook 8
M Configure outlook 2007 to accept digital signatures Using Outlook 2
D Outlook 2007 crashes when opening an email Using Outlook 2
R New chap saying hello and needing advice on Outlook 2007 thumbnails Using Outlook 3
icacream From Outlook 2007 to 2016 ! Using Outlook 9
vodkasoda Object could not be found Error in Outlook 2007 Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 5
S Outlook 2007: Address Cards allow entering text! Why? Using Outlook 3
S View Appointment in Text Wrap in Outlook 2007 Month Calendar View Using Outlook 0
L Outlook 2007 Separate the Send/Receive functions Using Outlook 2
M Outlook 2007 Contacts Glitch: Creating a new email Using Outlook 1
C Move from Outlook 2007 Enterprise (MOE) to Outlook Pro plus 2007 Using Outlook 1