Email history removed from outlook and returned to web-based mail

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Dawn Starostka

I upgraded to office 2010 about 6 weeks ago. It was easy to set up Outlook with my mail server and I thought I was good to go. Because my old computer had crashed, I had to manually move some old email messages from the .pst file to the folders I wanted within the inbox, but I got it going.

The way I had it set up was my inbox was new mail and then I had folders for all of my clients and if I needed to keep the email, after I'd addressed it, I moved it to that folder.

Suddenly a few days ago, all of those folders are empty! I panicked. I often go back a year to review messages when we get started with that clients event again - to not have that history is horrible. However, I logged on to the web-based mail (I use register.com for that) and found that somehow all of that history had moved to the web-based mail.

I don't want it online. I want outlook to pull new messages off of the web-based mail, let me deal with them and then move them to the appropriate folder. WHY would it suddenly do this and how do I get it back to pulling off outlook and deleting them on line? I have tried looking and can't find anything. I wonder if it has anything to do with the "send and receive groups" but I haven't messed with anything there.

Thank you for easy to follow instructions... I'm not a technical person.

Thanks,

Dawn

H

Harry Yuan

Hi,

Your PST file folder Inbox is saved to the local folder. You can open it by File> Open> Open Outlook Data File.

I recommend you not import your email message.

Best Regards,

Harry

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
S Tasks are handled through email but deleted email removes task history? Exchange Server Administration 3
T email history gone. Using Outlook 2
R former employee with ost history on computer. deleted exchange email account. how do i access all that historical data? Using Outlook 1
T limit email history Using Outlook 1
R Can I delete the 'To' email address history that automatically pops up in Outlook 2003? Using Outlook 1
A How best to handle shared email folder where history needs to be maintained Using Outlook 2
B Adding signature to bottom of VBA reply email Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
J To delete the draft email Using Outlook 0
B VBScript doesn't run on Recipient Email Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
J Autoreply email recieved from specific sender after deleting some text from body. Using Outlook 0
M Outlook 2013 reminder email by using Outlook vba Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
D Sending email from Office 365 alias in Outlook Using Outlook 4
S Macro or plug-in to see if specific person was included in this email Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
S Body text of Email from invite date/time Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 8
R Outlook 2010 How do you export 2 email Accounts' 2010 Inbox Files to new computer (2019)? Using Outlook 1
R Auto display of new email does not work on non-default account Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
J Automatically forward email and apply template Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
L Outlook saved email templates Using Outlook 1
B VBA to convert email to task, insert text of email in task notes, and attach copy of original email Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
T How can you include Junk Email in Search Results like you can include Deleted Items? Using Outlook 3
B Extracting email addresses from a folder - how to also get the name of the person the address is for? Using Outlook 5
W Replyin to the reply-to email address Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
E How to display "Change Folder" in Change Default Email Delivery Location in Exchange Outlook 2016 Using Outlook 1
M Extract all links from Outlook email, send to Excel Using Outlook 2
O Forward a email with modified body Automatically. Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
B Outlook 2003 email sending & receiving suddenly stopped working Using Outlook 3
R List folders in a combo box + select folder + move emails from inbox to that folder + reply to that email Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
O Email not leaving Outbox when using Excel VBA to sync Outlook account Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
T The non-email functions Using Outlook 8
P Outlook 2013 Word Share doc as Email Attachment now brings up Eudora. Using Outlook 1
C How to rename subject line and forward the email Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
R Help Revising VBA macro to delete email over different time span Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
J Sent Items Folder NOT Showing Correct From Email Address Using Outlook 0
J Outlook Reply > From > Other Email Address... > Address Not Showing in Sent Items... From Email Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
T Column to display which email alias a message was sent to Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 6
Marc2019 Need help please! Cannot Setup my outlook email account on my Mac Outlook 2011 Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 2
HarvMan Hotmail - Sending email is undeliverable Using Outlook 4
R Error when trying to forward current email item Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 7
H In outlook 365 POP mail Inbox, email takes a long time or never arrives. Using Outlook 1
D Can Exchange Admin Center create a pst for users email/contacts/calendar? Exchange Server Administration 0
T After I send a new email, it remains in the Draft folder Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 3
P OWA Settings->Calendar->Events from Email; Setting changes do not hold Using Outlook 1
S How to export urls from email to excel and check the status of the url ? New Slipstick.com Articles 6
P Auto Insert Current Date or Time into Email Subject Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
S Change VBA script to send HTML email instead of text Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
M ERROR: None of your email accounts could send to this recipient Using Outlook 2
S save email from excel Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
T How can we view Blocked email addresses Using Outlook 6
F My hotmail calendar is not syncing with my outlook but my email is Using Outlook 3
O Multiple email accounts - hesitate to create a new profile Using Outlook 3