Unable to receive emails in Outlook 2010 from webmail address

• Thread starter hamjeegreen
  • Start date Views 2,134
H

hamjeegreen

I am using Outlook 2010 (Office 2010 Pro) on a Win 7 64BIT system.

I have setup Outlook account using previous settings copied down before migrating from Win 7 32BIT to 64BIT. These settings worked without problems with the previous operating systems (Win 7 32BIT and XP). These are also the settings used with Office 2003 and 2007 and 2010 with the 32 BIT operating system.

I tested the account settings in the setup wizard test which says that the test is successful (I now have 4 Microsoft Outlook Test messages there), but I am unable to download from this webmail account. I am able to send emails.

Would appreciate some guidance as to how to resolve this problem.

Brian Tillman

Outlook cannot access any webmail accounts except Hotmail/Live Mail. You must use POP or IMAP to access Internet mail servers.

N

Nayana S M

Which account type is configured in your outlook (Exchange, POP3, IMAP etc.)?

What happens when you try to send/receive emails (any error messages)?

H

hamjeegreen

Dear Brian

I'm not sure I understand what you mean. When I have used Outlook 2003, 2007 and 2010 (up until the most recent situation with Win 7 64BIT), I have had no problems accessing webmail accounts. My Outlook account is set up as a POP3 mail account, but is unable to receive the emails sitting on the webmail server.

As a further update to this situation, what I have discovered is that the emails from the webmail site are showing up in the Unread email search folder in Outlook. However, they are not showing in the Inbox folder. After I either open the email or mark it as read, it disappears from the unread mail folder, but is still not showing in the inbox. I can't find the read email anywhere. Also, the inbox date folders for Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday of this week are not showing. I suspect that the incoming email is sitting in these folders, and would be visible if I could see the folders.

Any clues as to why this behaviour is occuring?

H

hamjeegreen

Dear Nayana

The account is configured as a POP3 account.

I am able to send emails without problems. I don't get any error messages when I send or receive emails.

As a further update to this situation, what I have discovered is that the emails from the webmail site are showing up in the Unread email search folder in Outlook. However, they are not showing in the Inbox folder. After I either open the email or mark it as read, it disappears from the unread mail folder, but is still not showing in the inbox. I can't find the read email anywhere. Also, the inbox date folders for Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday of this week are not showing. Monday is there with the email downloaded on that day. I suspect that the incoming email is sitting in these folders, and would be visible if I could see the date folders.

Any clues as to why this behaviour is occuring?

D

Dissed

Do you have norton scanning emails, if so I wonder if their the elephant in the email blocking room ?

They don't play well with outlook.