Hide the 'To' in my Outlook email options

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

miccla

I work in an Human Resources setting where I must use the BCC most of the time because of confidentiallity reasons. I have made mistakes a couple of times whereby I entered the email addresses of more than one recipient in the "To" message recipient bar therefore allow all to see everyone's email that I was sending to. This is a serious breach of confidentially in my work setting. I therefore would like to at least HIDE the "To" in the email options that can be seen.

G

Gordon B-P

I wasn't aware that Outlook would send an email WITHOUT anything in the "To" field...

Brian Tillman

It's possible. it doesn't matter where the recipient address is placed, as long as it's in one of the recipient fields.

Diane Poremsky

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange

Open a new message - go to View and show the BCC field (so the CC field displays too). Then go to Tools, Forms, Design this form. Delete To and CC fields and drag the BCC field to the form. Then go to forms, publish form as and publish it to the Inbox. When you need to send messages only using BCC, go to Actions menu (while viewing the Inbox) and select your form. You can't set it as default and can't remove the To field if you use the address book to select messages. (Sample form here:http://www.slipstick.com/files/BCC_only.oft - right click on link and use Save target as... )

If nearly every message needs sent BCC, use VBA to ask if you really want to send - this (hopefully) will be enough to jar you into realizing a mistake (it will be annoying after a while):

Private Sub Application_ItemSend(ByVal Item As Object, Cancel As Boolean)
Dim intRes As Integer
Dim strMsg As String
strMsg = "Verify you used the BCC field before sending"
intRes = MsgBox(strMsg, vbYesNo + vbDefaultButton1, "Confirm Send ")
If intRes = vbNo Then
Cancel = True
End If
End Sub

Status
Not open for further replies.