Hide the 'To' in my Outlook email options

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

miccla

I work in an Human Resources setting where I must use the BCC most of the time because of confidentiallity reasons. I have made mistakes a couple of times whereby I entered the email addresses of more than one recipient in the "To" message recipient bar therefore allow all to see everyone's email that I was sending to. This is a serious breach of confidentially in my work setting. I therefore would like to at least HIDE the "To" in the email options that can be seen.

G

Gordon B-P

I wasn't aware that Outlook would send an email WITHOUT anything in the "To" field...

B

Brian Tillman

It's possible. it doesn't matter where the recipient address is placed, as long as it's in one of the recipient fields.

Diane Poremsky

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange

Open a new message - go to View and show the BCC field (so the CC field displays too). Then go to Tools, Forms, Design this form. Delete To and CC fields and drag the BCC field to the form. Then go to forms, publish form as and publish it to the Inbox. When you need to send messages only using BCC, go to Actions menu (while viewing the Inbox) and select your form. You can't set it as default and can't remove the To field if you use the address book to select messages. (Sample form here:http://www.slipstick.com/files/BCC_only.oft - right click on link and use Save target as... )

If nearly every message needs sent BCC, use VBA to ask if you really want to send - this (hopefully) will be enough to jar you into realizing a mistake (it will be annoying after a while):

Private Sub Application_ItemSend(ByVal Item As Object, Cancel As Boolean)
Dim intRes As Integer
Dim strMsg As String
strMsg = "Verify you used the BCC field before sending"
intRes = MsgBox(strMsg, vbYesNo + vbDefaultButton1, "Confirm Send ")
If intRes = vbNo Then
Cancel = True
End If
End Sub

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
J Outlook 2007 Hide Messages Option not Available Using Outlook 2
N How to disable shortcuts for Pilcrow in Outlook (Show or hide paragraph marks) Using Outlook 0
I Outlook 2010 - Remove or Hide Suggested Contact Folders Using Outlook 1
S Hide Folders in Outlook 2007 (IMAP) Using Outlook 5
H Outlook 2007 - hide completed tasks from Outlook Today -Solution Using Outlook 2
A Hide properties in OWA and Outlook Exchange Server Administration 4
S How to hide the invitee from everyone when sending a meeting or schedule in Outlook 2010 calendar Using Outlook 1
A Outlook 2007 Trying to open other users Folder that has hide from exchange address lists on the account Using Outlook 4
K Outlook 2010--can't hide message header in reading pane Using Outlook 7
M hide outlook to system tray Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
J How to hide/disable send button in Outlook 2007 Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
J How to hide/disable send button in Outlook 2007 Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
J How to hide/disable send button in Outlook 2007 Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
T How do I hide/unhide folders in outlook inbox? BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1
D hide messege issue Using Outlook 1
A Possible to hide ribbon with custom appointment form? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
D Disable or hide "reply" and "reply to all" and "forward" in email from access vba Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
K BCM hide subfolders BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1
oliv- HIDE ITEM Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
S Hide Timestamp from deleyed message Using Outlook 4
K Hide Default Folders in PST Using Outlook 2
F Hide calendars from shared mailboxes Using Outlook 2
J Ho do I hide the week number on the Calendar Printing Assistant template Calendar Printing Assistant 4
C How do I hide distribution list from global contacts for certain users? Exchange Server Administration 1
T Is it possible to hide a mailbox but still send on the behalf of. Exchange Server Administration 1
D Hide from Exchange Address list not working Exchange Server Administration 14
J We want to hide all calendar appointment details and only show free/busy times. Using Outlook 9
R Hide calendar Exchange Server Administration 2
M hide company name Exchange Server Administration 1
I OL2010: How to hide other users contact folders ?? Using Outlook 3
R How to hide HAL groups in the GAL? Exchange Server Administration 2
K How do I hide my gmail address from people responding to my domain name? Using Outlook 2
Y Hide the address from Users Exchange Server Administration 5
S Hide unread items count in a folder especially junk items Using Outlook 1
J Hide Organisator and Ressource in the Weekly View Using Outlook 2
A Hide Calendar details Using Outlook 3
A Hide DIstribution group membership information on Exchange 2010 Exchange Server Administration 4
N Appointment Body on Custom Page 2- Hide Default Page Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
N How to hide pstStore Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
H Hide attachment... Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
S hide details of appointments in calendar Using Outlook 8
E Can I hide an explorer or make an explorer modal Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
E Can I hide an explorer or make an explorer modal Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
C Re: Hide BCM toolbar BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1
H Outlook 2019 Certificate error Using Outlook 0
B Outlook 2013 erratically deleting original file that is attached Using Outlook 0
V Outlook Forms: Formatting a Label with 2 different styles Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
M Outlook 2016 Outlook randomly unhides from taskbar Using Outlook 4
X Using Outlook 2013 and Outlook 365 Using Outlook 1
V Date and/or time error in Outlook Form Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0