Merging contacts from Live to Outlook 2003, and saving saved emails from live

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

Thinkhappy

I have just started using Microsoft Outlook and am wondering how I can merge my contacts from Live email onto Outlook. They are currently saving as Live Contacts -

Also, is there a way to take the saved folders and messages from Live and put them onto my Outlook so I can save the files?

Diane Poremsky

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
You'd need to use Export to go from Live mail to outlook (both contacts and messages) - unless it's a hotmail/live/msn account - then you can use the Outlook connector and sync with the online account. If the messages are stored locally, you need to Export from live.

T

Thinkhappy

Thank you, Diane. I tried with Outlook Connector, but I continually receive sync errors.

I was able to upload my hotmail/live account so I can see both my Outlook and my Live email on my Outlook user interface, but the saved folders didn't copy.

All of my saved emails and contacts are stored by Live/msn.

Perhaps I'm doing something wrong with Connector? Is there a trick to it?

Should I try to import/export somehow?

I really do appreciate your help. I just don't know why it's not working. I'm not very familiar with Outlook Connector.

Diane Poremsky

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange

What is the 4-digit error code you get when syncing?

Is the saved folder stored in the Hotmail inbox or in Storage Folders? If in storage folder, they are local to your computer and will not sync to outlook. You'll need to copy the folders to the hotmail inbox.

T

Thinkhappy

I looked for a 4 digit error code and didn't see one - this is what it says:

15:37:10 Synchronizer Version 14.0.5117

15:37:10 Synchronizing Mailbox 'X@live.com'

15:37:11 Error with Send/Receive.

15:37:11 There was an error synchronizing your folder hierarchy. Error : 80041004.

15:37:11 Synchronizing server changes in folder '

Calendar'

15:37:11 Synchronizing server changes in folder '

Contacts'

15:37:11

But I just realized that Live.com is having issues - not available - so that could be why it's not syncing.

The saved folders are in my live.com email, but I want to save them somehow so I don't lose them when I stop using Live.com

Status
Not open for further replies.