I want to get rid of Outlook 2007. When I am in Craigslist & click the email link to contact the per

Status
Not open for further replies.

1z2z

I have office 2007 & I wish to purge outlook from my life. I have never used it & I never will but Gates forces it on me. I have put up with problems with Outlook for years & I have NEVER used it. When I clicked the link to email someone in Craigslist the Outlook email showed up. I use hotmail. I uninstalled Office 2007 & reinstalled it without Outlook. Now when I click the email link in Craigslist I get the message stated above. I checked the default programs & there is none pertaining to mail. Can you please help me & I have no idea why I am having to ask for help with this issue as it should have already been addressed. Also I have a Profile already but when I sign in as instructed I cannot use my current Profile. It states that profile is already in use. NO KIDDING! Help is appreciated.

G

Gordon B-P

I have office 2007 & I wish to purge outlook from my life. I have never used it & I never will but Gates forces it on me.

Nobody FORCES you to use ANYTHING!!

Just UNINSTALL Outlook if yoiu don't use it......

<sigh>.....

If you find my response helpful, please click on the " Vote as Helpful" button!Thank you!

1z2z

I appreciateyour assistance. As I mentioned I uninstalled Office 2007 & reinstalled it excluding Outlook.

FROM PREVIOUS FACTS - When I clicked the link to email someone in Craigslist the Outlook email showed up. I use hotmail. I uninstalled Office 2007 & reinstalled it without Outlook. Now when I click the email link in Craigslist I get the message stated above. I checked the default programs & there is none pertaining to mail.

I am missing something as I cannot UNINSTALL Outlook without UNINSTALLING the entire OFFICE 2007.

Thanks for your time. Larry

G

Gordon B-P

I am missing something as I cannot UNINSTALL Outlook without UNINSTALLING the entire OFFICE 2007.

You are certainly missing something. In Control Panel-Uinstall a Program, hightlight Office, click on Change and then Add/Remove Office Components. There you can make Outlook unavailable (that's how you uninstall Outlook without removing the rest of Office)

AFAIK you cannot make Web based Hotmail your default Email without (I think - I'm not using Windows right now) installing Windows Live Toolbar in IE...

If you find my response helpful, please click on the " Vote as Helpful" button!Thank you!

D

Dissed

If you haven't observed, live hotmail has changed, and has incorporated access to outlook as a way around many of outlooks quirks, if you have a email address associated with outlook to a third party server so outlook actually functions, you can add that email to your live hotmail account, and never open or use outlook.

And will also let you access your office word programs, documents.......without outlook set up why do you need a office program ?

You could of saved a couple of hundred bucks and used microsoft works task launcher for free.

Go to your control panel, click on default programs.

Select set program access and computer defaults,

Click the down arrow on the custom line,

Uncheck where it says choose default email program, and save.

The rest you can accomplish from your live hotmail account, selecting options and more options and then advanced options.

1z2z

You are right. I feel a little embarrased about not seeing that. I have used a computer for many many years & I have never had to use the top line features & that is why I missed it. You are also right that I cannot use Hotmail for webpages as I need an email client. Thanks for your assistance & time. Larry

1z2z

Hi Dissed, Your info was helpful. Thanks for your assistance & time. Larry

1z2z

Hi Diane, Your info was the solution to my problem. Needing an email client was what I did not know about. Thanks for your assistance & time. Larry

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
A How to get rid of "sending on behalf of" when sending from Outlook 2016 client Using Outlook 12
J How do I get rid of the underscores when replying to a message in Outlook 2010 Using Outlook 6
J Getting Rid of Mail Mail Delete Confirmation Dialog Box in Outlook 2010 Using Outlook 2
F Outlook message has random colour symbols, like a party popper. Is this a virus? How do I get rid of it Using Outlook 1
G Unable to get rid of pop-ups in Outlook 2010. Using Outlook 1
M I hate outlook and wish to be rid of it Using Outlook 6
F got 0ffice 2010 and installed it and it asked if i wanted outlook updated to 2010. When I did it got rid of all my old emails that i need now. how d Using Outlook 1
A How to get rid of Contacts field when printing emails? Using Outlook 0
I Many empty Contacts folders.. cannot get rid of them Using Outlook 4
O How do I get rid of odd formatting of new e-mails? Using Outlook 3
L HOw to get rid of multiple recurrent appointments that are all the same Using Outlook 1
W How to get rid!? Using Outlook 19
B get rid of pop up sign in Using Outlook 1
0 trying to get rid of the "end" time of each event within each day on the calendar. This shows up wh Using Outlook 1
T Can't get rid of the red X's in my emails....__ Using Outlook 3
S How can I get rid of hard returns showing in all emails created? Using Outlook 1
J CANNOT get rid of Exchange 2010 error "An IIS directory entry couldn't be created. The error message Exchange Server Administration 2
W exchange server 2010 ras taking dhcp ipnrs : get rid of it Exchange Server Administration 1
C Organize contacts and get rid of old ones that continue to show up every time I delete them. Using Outlook 1
K 'Location Information' [cannot get rid of this window without shutting down] I have not complied with its request for location. Using Outlook 4
R I have duplacate mail folders and would like to get rid of one. Using Outlook 3
T Get rid of having to type verification characters to send mail BCM (Business Contact Manager) 2
L Outlook Duplicate Email Remover Using Outlook 0
G How to add a folder shortcut to outlook quick access toolbar? Using Outlook 5
W Outlook WAS facebook but there is no info for old accounts Using Outlook 0
E Can one still buy Outlook (or Office) 2016? Using Outlook 6
G Add to Outlook Contacts - Point to non-default contacts folder Using Outlook 0
E Outlook view grouping keeps changing Using Outlook 3
Wayne Outlook locks up when opening "Manage Rules & Alerts" Using Outlook 1
G Personal Settings within Outlook Using Outlook 3
M Outlook 2013 reminder email by using Outlook vba Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
H Outlook 2019 Certificate error Using Outlook 2
B Outlook 2013 erratically deleting original file that is attached Using Outlook 0
V Outlook Forms: Formatting a Label with 2 different styles Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
M Outlook 2016 Outlook randomly unhides from taskbar Using Outlook 12
X Using Outlook 2013 and Outlook 365 Using Outlook 1
V Date and/or time error in Outlook Form Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
D Sending email from Office 365 alias in Outlook Using Outlook 4
B Spam folder not showing in Outlook Using Outlook 5
ThinkToday Calculate reply time of outlook mail Using Outlook 1
M Microsoft 365 Outlook keeps requesting password on Local Account Using Outlook 1
I Outlook 365 - import/attach PST file that used POP3 Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 0
e_a_g_l_e_p_i I think it may be time to upgrade from Outlook 2010 Using Outlook 3
K Outlook 2016 Outlook, Chrome, and Clio Using Outlook 5
O Outlook tasks - Add text column with multiple lines Using Outlook 3
A Run-time error '430' on certain emails when trying to set "Outlook.mailitem" as "ActiveExplorer.Selection.Item" Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
HarvMan Outlook 365 PST Report Using Outlook 1
V Upgraded Outlook Using Outlook 1
J Outlook 2010 Outlook/Win7 Client logging Event ID 36887 Using Outlook 0
R How to get the Items object of the default mailbox of a specific account in a multiple account Outlook? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0