How to Configure Multiple Exchange Accounts in Outlook 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Mark Mathias

I need to help a user set up their Outlook 2010 to access multiple Exchange 2007 accounts simultaneously.

How is that done and here are a couple of other wrinkles:

1) They'd like all of the emails to be delivered to a single Inbox;

2) When they Reply to an email, the From: field should be the email address to which the message was originally sent; and

3) When they create a new email address, there should be a default From: address, but they should be able to change it.

I've not been able to find any documentation on any forums or Microsoft's Web site that would help me figure out how to do this, so any help you can offer would be appreciated.

Also, I've seen comments about needing Exchange 2010 in order to handle multiple Exchange accounts. Can someone please point me to where I can find out more about the need for Exchange 2010 versus Exchange 2007 on the back end?

Thanks in advance and Happy Holidays!

Regards,
Mark Mathias

Diane Poremsky

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
1. Not possible unless you use POP3 for the additional accounts.

2. The address will be the address of the account it was sent to - if there are multiple smtp addresses on the mailbox, it will use the default address as the from address. If you want to send from secondary smtp addresses you need to make an account for that address (pop or imap - use a fake incoming server address).

3. where are they creating the addresses? if in Exchange, the admin can set a default address.

You need to use outlook 2010 to open multiple mailboxes in the profile but can use pop or imap to open additional mailboxes in older versions. Exchange 2010 is not necessary - just outlook 2010.

There is an addin called lutec mask that makes working with addresses easier - also 'choose from' - http://www.ivasoft.biz/choosefrom.shtml (there are other utiltiies here that might also work for you.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
H Multiple Exchange Accounts: How to Configure Default Contacts, Notes, Tasks? Using Outlook 4
T Exchange 2010 - Configure multiple websites. Unable to bind Default Website to specific IP Address Exchange Server Administration 6
E Any issue if we configure multiple send connectors in exchange 2010 with same smart host configured? Exchange Server Administration 4
A How configure outgoing email address for Calendar when have multiple email accounts? Using Outlook 2
M Configure outlook 2007 to accept digital signatures Using Outlook 2
D Configure Outlook 2016 Using Outlook 0
M Unable to Configure Gmail Account in Outlook 2007 Using Outlook 1
M configure Onpremise exchange to send/receive emails internally and externally) Exchange Server Administration 0
Diane Poremsky Configure Gmail Accounts in Outlook New Slipstick.com Articles 0
V Can't configure Gmail Using Outlook 10
H How to configure “Send As” email in Office 365 Account? Exchange Server Administration 10
B Configure Outlook so Exchange uses cached mode but new items are by default saved to Outlook.com Using Outlook 1
Steve Jacobs Possible to configure TNEF options based on *sender*? Exchange Server Administration 3
Y Configure outlook with Domino Using Outlook 3
wallisellener DB configure BCM (Business Contact Manager) 2
B Outlook 2010 won't configure exchange account, 0kb .ost file Exchange Server Administration 5
V How to configure https mail account Using Outlook 1
N Configure Outlook 2010 to download sent emails Using Outlook 4
R How to configure outlook to avoid sending emails from the wrong account Using Outlook 24
D Configure E-mail on 2 different Networks Using Outlook 1
D How to manage and configure antispam updates for Hub Transport antispam filter agents at "filesystem Exchange Server Administration 1
S Configure Exchange Edge 2010 on TMG in DMZ Exchange Server Administration 1
M TMG +configure client access server external domain Exchange Server Administration 3
C configure outlook 2010 Using Outlook 2
G Configure outlook to download hyperlinked images in email automatically to PST Using Outlook 2
S Configure Increase Outlook 2007 PST size limit Using Outlook 1
N how to configure owa to access externally Exchange Server Administration 13
W Windows XP/Outlook 2003: Can I export my Outlook contact list to a web based email account at the server. How can I configure CSV format to comply wit Using Outlook 1
M Automatically configure S/MIME in Outlook 2003? Using Outlook 1
T configure client access server external domain (the client access server role will be internet facin Exchange Server Administration 2
W How to configure Live.ca email to Outlook 2010 Using Outlook 1
B Cannot configure email in Outlook 2010 with Windows 7 Using Outlook 1
T how to configure an internet server so I can use outlook Using Outlook 2
C How do I configure Outlook 2010 for earthlink email? Using Outlook 1
S Configure outlook client after migrate mailbox from exchange 2003 to 2010 Exchange Server Administration 3
R how to configure outlook 2007 clients to publish free busy info to public folder in exchange 2010 (s Exchange Server Administration 3
S how to configure outlook anywhere and OAB in coexist 2003 and 2010 exchange environment Exchange Server Administration 3
D Configure email accounts Outlook 2010 Using Outlook 1
K how do I configure my email account to outlook Using Outlook 1
R Mail fails to configure properly. Using Outlook 2
A how to configure windows 2003 built in mail server (POP Server) coexistence with exchange server 2007/2010 Exchange Server Administration 7
J Re-configure system generated emails to come from different mailbox Exchange Server Administration 2
S Re: Cannot configure orange e-mail in Outlook 2010 Using Outlook 2
M unable to set up, configure new email on Microsoft 2010 Using Outlook 2
M Configure my Outlook with my Hotmail address Using Outlook 1
Z Can I configure Safelist Aggregation Synchronization feature on Exchagne 2007 Hub Transport Server? Exchange Server Administration 1
A How to configure outlook in a system in a network connected to a server system ? Internet is only provided in server system. Using Outlook 1
A not configure outlook 2007 Using Outlook 2
P configure autocleanup journal mailbox in exchange 2010 Exchange Server Administration 1
R Re: I can't permanently configure the reading pane in MS Outlook 2007. Using Outlook 1