Outlook 2010: Need to keep restarting outlook to download mail from a MAPI server

Status
Not open for further replies.
W

wicket94

Hi

Despite doing a send and receive I fail to download any new messages from the MAPI server. I need to shut Outlook down and restart which is a real pain.

This is happening on 2 machines with outlook 2010.

I have tried creating new mail profiles and running in safe mode but no change

My phone and webmail is able to receive mail.

How can I resolve please

Thank you

W

wicket94

I've got it configured as an IMAP server - just realised my title is wrong should be IMAP - Doh!

S

Somasundaram Pandiaraj

Refer to the article KB 286197 for information on how to setup IMAP account in Outlook 2010.

Note: Ensure to delete the current email account before configuring it as an IMAP account.

Diane Poremsky

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
I've got it configured as an IMAP server - just realised my title is wrong should be IMAP - Doh!

Is mcafee scanning your email? Try opening Outlook in Safe mode and see if it works. (Hold Ctrl as you click on the Outlook icon to start in Safe mode.

Press Ctrl+Alt+S to open the send/receive dialog - how frequently are you doing automatic mail checks? Set it for no less than 8 -10 minutes, higher if you have a lot of folders subscribed. (When you change folders, the contents of that folder should download/refresh regardless of the S/R setting.) Also in this dialog - click Edit - is the account configured for download?

Status
Not open for further replies.