There was a problem importing your contacts. (Online with Hotmail)

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

mr.programmer

I'm trying to import contacts from outlook 2010 x86 but can't seem to. I've tried dragging and dropping from my Outlook.pst contact folder to my Live account folder but I always receive an error: Cannot move the items. The nickname of the Contact or Contact Group name you typed is already assigned to another item in your Contact list. Type a unique nickname.

So I go to File>Open>Import/Export>Export to a file>Comma Separated Values (Windows)>(Contacts)>X:\\Destination

Where X is my drive and \\Destination is where I choose to save it and (Contacts) is the contact folder I'm exporting from. Now when I export the file and try to import it using my Windows Live account I receive the error: There was a problem importing your contacts.

However, Gmail has no problem importing my contacts. I'd normally just switch to gmail but I need it to recognize my contact groups and keep syncing as I update it which is why I'm trying to make this work with Outlook and my Live account.

I'm using Windows 7 x64 with Office 2010 x86

-Patrick

R

Russ Valentine

Outlook Connector was not designed for this purpose. Normally, there is no need to do what are attempting since your Contacts will always be available to you in your PST file. If you want to create a duplicate set of Contacts that you use when you are logging onto your hotmail account using the Web interface, then you would do that in the Web interface. Export your Outlook Contacts to a CSV file and import that file in the Web interface.Russ Valentine

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Mark Foley The upload of "Calendar" failed. There was a problem with the request. Using Outlook 6
S There was a SMTP communication problem with the recipient's email server. Please contact your syste Using Outlook 2
T Problem with Outlook 2007 (running Vista) There was an error synchronizing your folder hierarchy. Er Using Outlook 1
W Outlook WAS facebook but there is no info for old accounts Using Outlook 0
N Which Button Was Clicked on the Ribbonbar Menu Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
S Macro or plug-in to see if specific person was included in this email Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
J Outlook 2016 After a search in all mailboxes, where is each message that was found? Using Outlook 6
T Column to display which email alias a message was sent to Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 6
W Outlook 2010 some sent items marked unread now (was Ok before) Using Outlook 0
L Creating drafts when I thought I was sending Using Outlook 1
Rupert Dragwater "there was an error reading this theme" Using Outlook 3
O Outlook 2016 0x800CCC0F 'The connection to the server was interrupted' Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 1
G Can't open .pst. Message could not access default folder (Outlook 2010 (.pst). Before that was backi Using Outlook 0
Norbert VBA Flag that would indicate the email was sent from Outlook to Access. Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
wisedave Missing icon that show message was forwarded, etc Using Outlook 1
P Item cannot be saved because it was modified by another user or window Using Outlook 8
S Can't move the items. The item could not be moved. It was either already moved or deleted, or access Using Outlook 3
G Reply using address a message was sent to Using Outlook 2
C Whose brilliant idea was to make it more difficult to scroll in Outlook? Using Outlook 0
D See Email Address Received Email was Sent To? Using Outlook 1
D Will Outlook 2010 work with Office 2013 H&S that was preinstalled Using Outlook 2
A automatically remove flag from original message when a response was received Using Outlook 2
E My Outlook 2010 contacts list was hijacked! Using Outlook 10
J View the date a contact was created Using Outlook 7
A When was an item deleted Using Outlook 1
P Was Helvetica crashing Outlook, now fix has messed up explorer Using Outlook 4
B Access to the resource was denied. If you have signed into and saved your __Windows Live ID with a w Using Outlook 1
G How to retrieve an email that was compacted in outlook Using Outlook 1
R No problems for about three months and the, about two weeks ago I was no longer able to receive emails in Outlook. Using Outlook 4
S Outlook 2007 SP2: When creating a future appoinment it shows day it was created not the future date Using Outlook 1
V Remove-MailboxImportRequest fails because the mailbox was deleted. Exchange Server Administration 3
H Outlook Delegate gets "Can't open this item." when clicking on invites that she was the originator o Using Outlook 2
I 550 5.7.1 The IP address XXXXXXXXX was rejected by the Realtime Block List provider zen.spamhaus.org Using Outlook 1
P Outlook says it's 'Sending' when it's opening. Nothing was in the Outbox for it to send. Using Outlook 2
T Outlook 2010 / SBS 2010 - User cannot view emails moved to a folder that was previously imported fro Using Outlook 6
A I have outlook 2010. I have received mail but can not locate mail that was down loaded. Using Outlook 2
D Can not find your mail folders by default. An unexpected error has occurred. MAPI was unable to load Using Outlook 2
O Outlook 2007: Invalid Entry ID was passed in (all email address gone) Using Outlook 1
T The following fatal alert was received: 48. Exchange Server Administration 5
S The public folder store where the offline address book is hosted was not detected. The hosting serve Exchange Server Administration 11
B seting up office outlook...during set up, a box showed STMP POP3 for sending emails, the recieving box was empty. What information needs to go into t Using Outlook 2
I This message was not processed because it contains a large number of MIME bodies Using Outlook 2
M This is an Outlook email question. I need to know who may have recived my email that was sent to undisclosed recipients by mistake Using Outlook 3
H Outlook 2003 - can't send emails. Get this message from Norton Internet Security "was unable to be Using Outlook 2
J Error message "The Expected Version of the product was not found on the system". Using Outlook 2
M Cannot synchronize with the Outlook profile you are using, because a different profile was previousl Using Outlook 1
A Delivery was refused. Code 5.2.1 Using Outlook 6
D my NK2 file will not up date. the last update was in August 2010. The program will not retain any Using Outlook 1
R I was syncing my phone and outlook and it seams that my phone created thousands of contact in outlook (A loop maybe) Using Outlook 1
B The certificate with thumbprint was found but is not valid for use with Exchange server Exchange Server Administration 5