How to select different account when sending emails from Outlook 2003

• Thread starter Deleted member 2021
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 2021

I will like to know if it's possible to select a different account when sending emails from Outlook 2003 with Exchange 2003? My setup; one Exchange 2003 server running 2 domains (domain1.com and domain2.com), each user has 1 email from both but one of them is Primary. I want to be able to select which domain i'm sending from each time i create an email within Outlook 2003. Thanks in advance.

Cathy Rhone

Outlook version
Outlook 2013 32 bit
Email Account
Exchange Server 2010
The only way to do that is by creating two mailboxes or setting the secondary account up as a imap or pop3 account then selecting the account.

Another options is a DL - remove domain2 address from the mailbox, create a DL with that address and the only member is the mailbox address. Give the mailbox full send as permission for DL. When mail arrives for domain2 addresses, it goes to the DL and is delivered to the domain1 mailbox. You can reply by selecting the DL from the GAL, entering it in the From field.

Or upgrade to Outlook 2010 and use two mailboxes - you can open both in outlook 2010 as normal exchange accounts.

D

Deleted member 2021

The only way to do that is by creating two mailboxes or setting the secondary account up as a imap or pop3 account then selecting the account.

Another options is a DL - remove domain2 address from the mailbox, create a DL with that address and the only member is the mailbox address. Give the mailbox full send as permission for DL. When mail arrives for domain2 addresses, it goes to the DL and is delivered to the domain1 mailbox. You can reply by selecting the DL from the GAL, entering it in the From field.

Or upgrade to Outlook 2010 and use two mailboxes - you can open both in outlook 2010 as normal exchange accounts.

Please forgive my ignorance, what do you refer when you talk about "DL" and "GAL"?

max1967

Please forgive my ignorance, what do you refer when you talk about "DL" and "GAL"?
DL = distribution list (hope I spelled it correctly).

GAL = global address list - this is the address list of all mailboxes on your exchange server

The admin needs to create the DL in the active directory on the Exchange server; its not a Contact group a user can create in their mailbox.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Z "Select Names: Contacts" Menu displays contacts in different ways Using Outlook 6
W Outlook Coding - Select different email adresses to send from Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 5
E Asking user to select multiple options in a list in an email Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
R List folders in a combo box + select folder + move emails from inbox to that folder + reply to that email Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
R Add 'Company' to Select Names Form Using Outlook 1
B Select / activate first email item in the searched query Using Outlook 1
A Multi-select Listbox Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 6
H Select Specific Account When Sending Email, Based on Current Folder Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
S Display PF contact folder items to select contact to link to appointment Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
N Auto-complete - block select emails Using Outlook 3
N Select Appointment subject line from combobox or list Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
G How to Copy Multi Select Listbox Data to Appointment Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
N Select a folder in a user account Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
Diane Poremsky Select from a List of Subjects before Sending a Message New Slipstick.com Articles 0
Diane Poremsky Select Multiple Calendars in Outlook New Slipstick.com Articles 0
P Select image in contact notes field and save as jpg Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 6
oliv- How to select an mailitem in explorer with "show as conversation" Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 8
N Select Existing BCM Business Contact in C# application Using Outlook 0
nathandavies Creating a Select Case for a directory of folders Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
B What is the best way to use Outlook address book to select customer and then open Excel Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 22
C Outlook 2007 Select Names Default columns Using Outlook 3
R Can BCM monitor and select specific emails and use content info to update the client's record? BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1
R Cannot select iCloud calendar Using Outlook 5
H Select one of Contact-Mailadesses to Export > Excel or Winword Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
G Select Outlook account for BCM? BCM (Business Contact Manager) 2
Z Manual archive of select folders Using Outlook 1
R How to modify Outlook Select Rooms form columns Using Outlook 1
Z bulk add categories / with fixed colours / select multiple categories on a not Using Outlook 1
C Outlook editing won't select just one word Using Outlook 1
I Address book contacts not listed in "Select Names:Contacts" window Using Outlook 2
Y Outlook 2010 Select and reply to multiple messages at one time Using Outlook 0
Y Outlook 2010 Select and reply to multiple messages at one time Using Outlook 2
D Contacts as default in Select Names dialog Using Outlook 1
E Outlook 2010 calendar print - select begin-end weeks for month print but Preview and print show ful Using Outlook 2
R Select contacts and print labels for selected contacts from complete contact list in Outlook. Using Outlook 1
F Why do messages only arrive when I select the server's folder? Using Outlook 3
P Sharing Outlook contacts so users can select as an address book for email. Using Outlook 1
B Do not allow / Show to select "Tentative" option in Responce Using Outlook 1
H Exchange Server 2007 strips messages when clients select add item in a new Message Using Outlook 10
R Cannot select items from Outlook 2007 Menu bars Using Outlook 1
D Outlook 2010 crashes when I select new message, reply, forward or send as attachment Using Outlook 3
M Not able to select my contacts list for my address book Using Outlook 7
L Rule to select incoming messages by contact category Using Outlook 11
C Select folder to file send emails Using Outlook 1
G MS Exchange ActiveSync 2007 Denying Select Devices Exchange Server Administration 2
D Select categories to print Using Outlook 1
C Error when trying to select the Email Auto link option Using Outlook 2
N Not able to select the details of a head office synced contact Exchange Server Administration 4
S Outlook 2010 - Room List does appear empty in room finder / select an available room from a location Exchange Server Administration 3
R Outlook 2003 - Can no longer select text in HTML emails in the message preview pane Using Outlook 9