BlackBerry synchro?

Status
Not open for further replies.

trentan

Hey guys can anybody tell me if it is possible to get a BlackBerry synchro for outlook? I have searched a lot on the internet and I could not find a suitable synchro for my BlackBerry and have to use the email function more different than I actually want to use it.

Forum Admin

There are 3rd party sync tools, but the desktp software works well. You can check mail directly from the BB - you need to set up the account on the BB.

Note: 64-bit Outlook 2010 is not yet supported. You need to use 32-bit Outlook 2010 if you want to sync with most smartphones (not just blackberry).

See http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2010/bb_sync.asp for links to other sync utilities.

Lori

Outlook version
Outlook 2010 32 bit
Email Account
IMAP
I've just become aware of a 3rd party app. Trying it today and so far liking it (I'm having one issue, but I think it's because a setting buried in my BB somewhere not an issue with the 3rd party software... at least that's what I'm hoping! The issue is that I keep calendar appts. from two email accounts, and for some reason it's only syncing one of the calendar's appointments. If you only have one email on BB you'll probably be fine.)

Software is CompanionLink (www.companionlink.com). I was referred to this by a man who has used it heavily for a long time and likes it a lot.

Good luck!

Lori

Diane Poremsky

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
You shouldn't need companion link for blackberries - RIM released an update that supports Outlook 2010 64bit about the time this thread was started - so as of right now, all versions of Outlook - except Click to Run - are supported by the Blackberry Desktop software v6. To the best of my recollection, you can sync calendars in multiple pst folders with the blackberry desktop software - they need to be in a pst file, hotmail calendars won't sync if i recall correctly. (I use BES and only used the desktop software a few times to see how it works - i last used it when v6 updated in Jan/Feb 2011.)

Note, we do not recommend click to run except in cases where you need two versions of Outlook installed as sync software and addins do not work with it.

Links to the new BB desktop software is here: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2010/bb_sync.asp

Status
Not open for further replies.