Filtering messages requesting Read Receipts

Status
Not open for further replies.

rickh

Hi - looking for guidance /assistance please and could not find a solution elsewhere on this site. I dislike Read Receipts (RR's) with a passion and currently have Outlook 2003 View setup to identify Inbox messages where a RR is requested. I am using Customise View-Messages to display the Field = (Read) Receipt Requested and display such messages in Red in a new Inbox column titled RR (if that all makes sense). It works but it's clunky. I do this as I want to know who is sending me messages with the RR attribute enabled, without having to open the message to find out.

What I'd really like to do is also filter/move those messages directly to the Deleted Items folder and then turn on "Always Send a Response" in Tracking so that the person sending the message will know exactly what's happening - the message has been deleted without reading. I cannot install any 3rd party add-ons as I'm in a locked-down Corporate environment.

I cannot find a way to set this filter up - any ideas appreciated. Thanks in advance for any assist .

its not possible using rules. i don't know if you could do it using a script (in a run a script rule). You could use a custom view to hide them but uing the filter is the only way to read that field that i know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
O After filtering, how to display all events on that day? Using Outlook 4
A Forward Outlook Email by Filtering using Macro Rule Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 44
Diane Poremsky Junk Mail Filtering in Outlook Using Outlook 0
oliv- .RESTRICT returning birthdays regardless of the filtering date Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 8
J Outlook 2013 Want to file a note after filtering with search current mailbox Using Outlook 3
S Filtering based on mailing list field Using Outlook 1
Randy Redekopp Filtering a view based on a custom field Using Outlook 1
G filtering email with missing TLD to Junk Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
cimbian Filtering exclusive imported contacts Using Outlook 3
Commodore Junk Mail filtering and IMAP Using Outlook 3
D What is the To-Do List VIEW" Filtering On? Using Outlook 2
U Filtering or Rules against "Tracked Conversations" Using Outlook 6
C starting Outlook 2003 sp3 sets Junk Email setting to 'No automatic filtering' Using Outlook 3
S Inbound email filtering beyond Rules Using Outlook 7
C Advice on custom filtering Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
S Related messages show in main Outlook window vice new Advanced Find windows Using Outlook 1
mrrobski68 Issue with Find messages in a conversation macro Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
N Reply to Outlook messages by moving messages to a specific Outlook folder Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
B Modify VBA to create a RULE to block multiple messages Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
G Question marks in messages Using Outlook 2
L How Stop Outlook Nag Messages Using Outlook 1
C Trying to move messages between imap accounts/folders Using Outlook 5
e_a_g_l_e_p_i Question about installing my Gmail account on my iPhone but still getting messages downloaded to my desktop Outlook. Using Outlook 3
P now on office 365 but getting error messages about missing Outlook 2013 cache folders Using Outlook 2
D Outlook 365 Forward Meeting Related Messages to Specific Meeting Organizer Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
V Macro to count flagged messages? Using Outlook 2
G Automatically delete messages in the synchronization folder Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
B IMAP server rejects sent email - cannot deliver messages Using Outlook 2
J Deliver new messages to New or Existing Data File? Using Outlook 2
M Messages Intermittently Dont Arrive In Sent Items After Sending Successfully Using Outlook 4
N Save selected messages VBA does not save replies and/or messages that contain : in subject Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
Travis Lloyd Messages Won't Display In Outlook 2019 Home & Business Using Outlook 0
M White square in body of Outlook Messages (O2016 Version 2012 32bit Click To Run) Using Outlook 4
R Why doesn't outlook use "Normal" style for new messages? Using Outlook 4
S Customize the autocolor font choices for replying/forwarding messages Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
B User defined field for messages with 'me' in the [To], [Cc] line Using Outlook 0
R Outlook Autoforward rule do not work for NDR messages Using Outlook 1
S Conditional Formatting for messages in a Conversation thread Using Outlook 1
GregS Outlook 2016 Sent Items vs Sent Messages Using Outlook 2
S Messages moved / deleted by auto-archive are not synchronized to exchange Exchange Server Administration 8
A Create date folder and move messages daily Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
ChrisK2 Send email to advertise@slipstick.com fails: "The group advertising isn't set up to receive messages from..." Using Outlook 3
J Outlook 2007 Hide Messages Option not Available Using Outlook 2
D Outlook 2016 customization of incoming messages Using Outlook 1
O Rule to move (specific) messages from Sent folder to Specific folder Using Outlook 1
V Outlook Macro to show Flagged messages Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
snissen Printing foreign language messages Using Outlook 1
S Receiving duplicate messages from RSS feeds Using Outlook 3
R Can't send messages to groups in Outlook Using Outlook 2
icacream outlook keeps neither SENT or FORWARDED messages... they vanish ! Using Outlook 4