Imap settings when outlook PST larger than server capacity

Status
Not open for further replies.

shivy

I have the following situation:

Have a pop3 email on a server (domain host server) with a capacity of 2GB.

At the moment the outlook wipes the emails on the server older than 15 days.

The outlook PST file is now at 19GB.

I want to use this account as IMAP to be able to use from another PC at the same time or when away from home.

I understand that on my windows mobile phone I can set the IMAP account to donwload only the last 3 days of emails and sync them after i read them and file them.

Now this is the thing I would like to do on my server, use the Outlook 2007 with IMAP settings similar to my WM6 phone.

The server cannot host more than 2GB. Any ideas, please ?

Thank you

If you hit 2GB fairly quickly, use IMAP on computer #2 and keep POP3 on #1, setting the delete after xx says to a higher number (100 days is the max)... and archive the 19 GB pst (if you are worried about the size). This lets you have new mail on the other computer and keeps the server under quota. Note that when messages are deleted from the server, they'll disappear from computer #2 on its next sync.

If you want to use IMAP on both computers, remove the pop account, create an imap account. The IMAP account will create its own data store. The 19 GB local pst will remain local - anything in it that isn't on the server that you want on the other computer will need to be dragged to the imap data store. As you near the 2GB limit, drag messages to either the 19 GB pst you use now or to a new pst.

Outlook doesn't support downloading the last 3 days using imap - its all or nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
P Yahoo/IMAP folder rename by Outlook desktop 365 Using Outlook 0
O Outlook - Switch from Exchange to IMAP Using Outlook 2
HarvMan Importing PST into IMAP account Using Outlook 12
S Email was migrated from GoDaddy to Microsoft exchange. We lost IMAP ability Exchange Server Administration 1
I Help with Smart Folder + Query Builder on IMAP Using Outlook 0
CWM550 Discussion for all: IMAP + Safety Using Outlook 3
P Copying ALL calendar entries from Calender in PST file to IMAP OST file? Using Outlook 1
TomHuckstep Remove Send/Receive All Folders (IMAP/POP) button from Outlook 365 Ribbon Using Outlook 2
C Trying to move messages between imap accounts/folders Using Outlook 5
R Outlook 2019 accesses POP3 but says its offline (because of IMAP servers?) Using Outlook 0
P "Item could not be moved" message occurs frequently for IMAP inbox, Office 365 Using Outlook 0
B Strange MAPI/Exchange/IMAP behaviour in OL 2016 under10.0.19044.2006 Using Outlook 0
B IMAP server rejects sent email - cannot deliver messages Using Outlook 2
P Comcast IMAP broken but their second level support said to call "the Outlook company" Using Outlook 4
C Outlook 2016 Unable to delete Gmail IMAP calendar Using Outlook 2
K Closing external IMAP email... Outlook 2013 Using Outlook 0
HarvMan Exporting IMAP OST file to PST Using Outlook 5
A Imap account not auto syncing inbox at startup Using Outlook 0
Z Remove GMAIL IMAP account from Outlook 2016 Using Outlook 2
Abraham Outlook 2013 Lost my folders when moving from PST to IMAP Using Outlook 11
I Outlook for Mac 2019 using on desktop and laptop IMAP on both need help with folders Using Outlook 1
G Outlook 2016: Want IMAP Data Files on My D: Drive and Not C: Drive Using Outlook 1
O Newbie question: how to sync two Outlook -Exchange and IMAP- calendars? Using Outlook 4
e_a_g_l_e_p_i A few question before I decide to switch to Pop from imap Using Outlook 9
P Sending email from outlook IMAP to GMAIL where embedded images are added as attachment Using Outlook 1
L IMAP Emails Disappear Using Outlook 0
V IMAP backup Using Outlook 0
B Emails get stuck in Outbox of Gmail IMAP in Outlook for Windows Using Outlook 0
K Imap PC Outlook + Android phone Using Outlook 1
S Outlook (2016 32bit; Gmail IMAP) - Save sent message to Outllook Folder Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
Terry Sullivan Sender's Name Doesn't Appear in the From Field on Outlook 365/IMAP Using Outlook 2
M Managing Gmail "All Mail" sync issues with IMAP Using Outlook 1
J Outlook 2016 Moving IMAP emails to Exchange Using Outlook 1
K Outlook 2016 - controlling IMAP OST size with Group Policy not working Using Outlook 1
N Sent emails not reflected in all IMAP Folders Using Outlook 4
V Scheduled backup of imap account Using Outlook 7
glnz How set up new IMAP on Outlook-Office 365 and merge in pst from Outlook 2003 for same two email accounts? Using Outlook 5
David Langer Outlook 2016 (365) How to restore the ability to Re-Map iCloud IMAP Folders Using Outlook 5
D Outlook 2013 Yahoo IMAP Sync problems Using Outlook 1
P IMAP Folders Dialog Box Using Outlook 1
O How to recover rules after switch from POP3 to IMAP Using Outlook 2
O Benefits of Exchange over IMAP and why would I choose Exchange? Using Outlook 2
P Desktop doesn't index Outlook IMAP files, laptop Outlook does index those same IMAP files Using Outlook 2
B What is best IMAP .OST file to .PST file converter solutions? Using Outlook 1
I IMAP - are emails dynamically fetched from server as required? Using Outlook 2
I Convert POP3 account (PST) to IMAP (.OST) Using Outlook 3
Mark Foley Color Categories on IMAP mail lost when installing new Windows 7 workstation Using Outlook 12
CWM030 Outlook 2016 with imap emails keep Resurrecting themselves? Using Outlook 5
CWM030 Archiving ON the imap server Using Outlook 3
Y Outlook not displaying all imap emails Using Outlook 5