Outlook's auto time zone update for meeting requestsHow to REMOVE or DISABLE?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JBT

Hello, I'd appreciate advice on the frustrating problem I've come accross...

I'm using Outlook 2010 to send a meeting request to a person physically located in the SAME time zone. However, their email address (a hotmail acct) was originally set up in a different time zone and I believe this is what is causing their invite to have the WRONG meeting time every time I send something. How do I remedy this?

Details: We're both in Central Time Zone. Meeting recipient was originally based out of Washingtong (Pacific Time) and set up email acct there. Every time I send them a meeting notice the "WHEN" main subject line says the meeting is 2 hours earlier than it isn (even when I try and set the meeting request to Central Time CST)! The body has additional details with the proper time but you have to dig. Most importanly, I need to send to a large group so of people with varying email addresses (and I have no idea where those "originated") and I would like the correct info displayed prominently.

Thanks a million for any suggestions!

Re: Outlook's auto time zone update for meeting requestsHow to REMOVE or DISAB

You can't do anything on your end when the problem is their computer - however, if you are concerned, you can put the time and time zone in the subject so they can easily reference the correct time without opening the appointment.

Did the person ever change the hotmail calendar to use their new time zone? They need to go to http://calendar.live.com/, click options and verify the time zone setting. I don't think there are other places to hide the time zone in hotmail, but the user should check email account settings too.

Outlook (or any calendar) should adjust the meeting for the correct time in the local time zone - you won't need to do anything if their computer time zone (and DST setting) is correct.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
C New pc, new outlook, is it possible to import auto-complete emailaddress Using Outlook 4
Nufc1980 Outlook "Please treat this as private label" auto added to some emails - Help. Using Outlook 3
T Outlook 2019 Not Using Auto Compete After Deletion of 365 Using Outlook 1
richardwing Auto forward email that is moves into a specific outlook folder Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 5
S Outlook Macro to send auto acknowledge mail only to new mails received to a specific shared inbox Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
J Edit auto-complete list in Outlook 2016+/365? Using Outlook 0
M Outlook 2010 Problem with OutLook 2010 32 bit, after Windows Auto Update Using Outlook 3
B Outlook 2010 is Auto Purging when not configured for that Using Outlook 1
S auto-mapping mailboxes in outlook impacting an ost file? Exchange Server Administration 2
T Have Outlook 2016 suggest email address auto complete entries directly from the user's contacts list Using Outlook 10
T Have Outlook 2016 suggest email address auto complete entries directly from the user's contacts list Using Outlook 0
C Auto save outlook attachments when email is received Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
J Outlook Rules - Changing auto-submit address in multiple rules, according to rule name Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
E Outlook Form - Voting Responses Not Auto Processing If Form Contains Any Code Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
K Extract email address from body and auto-reply outlook Using Outlook 1
E Outlook 2010 disable date auto-complete Using Outlook 2
M VBA Auto-Reply code for Two Mailboxes on one Outlook Session. Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
R Outlook 2013 VB rule to auto save attachments with different file types Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 5
J Auto-Save for Outlook Calendar Entries Using Outlook 5
N Outlook 2010 exchange - auto-move emails from @domain Exchange Server Administration 1
A Auto send-receive in Outlook not working Using Outlook 6
T Auto synching a single contact folder for multiple Outlook users with Exchange Exchange Server Administration 9
W Combine Mail Merge to Distribution List with Auto Attachments - Outlook 2007 Using Outlook 1
B Timed events created in iPhone auto-change to All Day events in Outlook 2010 Using Outlook 2
S Outlook 2013 - Customized auto-reply message Using Outlook 10
J outlook auto-completing the 'To field' with an unknown email address Using Outlook 1
V Outlook Data File (PST) - Auto Backup Solution Using Outlook 3
L Auto printing unread email + attachments in Inbox - Outlook 2010 - (New user) Using Outlook 1
G Address names auto complete not working - Outlook 2007 version Using Outlook 1
G Using Outlook 2010 on POP3 to Outlook.com auto deletion on Web Using Outlook 3
A Macro in Outlook for auto-reply Using Outlook 3
D Emails stuck in Outbox, not receiving emails, Outlook 2010 auto send/receive Using Outlook 4
B Outlook 2003 randomly not auto forwarding Using Outlook 0
I Auto reminder for outlook items Using Outlook 6
M Auto response from Outlook Using Outlook 1
T Outlook 2010 manually actioning of send and receive? remove auto actioning Using Outlook 4
K How to auto truncate a message to forward with Outlook Rules Using Outlook 6
M Outlook not auto- accepting meeting requests Using Outlook 2
M Auto-reply with macro whether logged in to outlook or not Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
K Auto enter subject line in outlook? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
H Force Outlook 2019 with GMail 2-Step to Require Login? Using Outlook 0
G Retaining Tabs in outlook body Using Outlook 2
V Setting up Outlook 2021 on new computer Using Outlook 2
G Add Map It button to Custom Contacts Form in Outlook Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
X Custom icon (not from Office 365) for a macro in Outlook Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
Victor_50 Problem - Google Workspace will stop "unsafe" access to Outlook end 2024 Using Outlook 3
T Outlook 365 won't take new working password Using Outlook 0
S Create Outlook Task from Template and append Body with Email Body Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
P Can't add custom field to custom Outlook form, it always adds to the Folder instead Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
B Sync Outlook Public Folders to Contacts Using Outlook 2