Hyperlink Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

tes5081

Hey Everyone,

First time poster in need of a little help. I need to send an email with a web address in a signature, but I do not want it hyperlinked. I know of the 'right click > remove hyperlin'k, however when sent to other Outlook users, their outlook auto links it again.

Another little oddity, I tested this hyperlink problem on myself as well as a few coworkers, but the web address does not link when using the web-client version of outlook. Other web clients seem to be hit or miss, Gmail linked it, others did not. Is there anyway to assure that this web address will not be hyperlinked? Perhaps a line or two of html?

Any help would be very appreciated.

I am using Outlook 07 if this makes a difference

Most mail clients will recognize a properly formatted email or web address and make it clickable - you can't change this, even by using plain text, as its a feature of the client. This is why it seems hit or miss. The sender has no control over it. The only way to prevent it is to not use properly formatted urls.

disabling the autocorrect option to convert Internet addresses to hyperlinks doesn't help in my experience. It will stop the formatting when you press space after typing an address but won't prevent other clients from recognizing the address.

Thanks for the help!

Thats what I was starting to figure, if it was so hit or miss it had to be reciever related not sender. Very helpful!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
D Particular Facebook "Hyperlink" Issue In Office 2010 Outlook (32 bit) Using Outlook 5
V Embedding hyperlink into Word document Using Outlook 2
Y Open and Save Hyperlink Files in multiple emails Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 9
L Ignore hyperlink from being flagged as false pattern Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
D Custom form with html hyperlink Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 7
N open the hyperlink in Outlook directly instead of browser Using Outlook 1
M VBA Rule for removing all body but hyperlink then forwarding Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 9
M How to view the URL for a hyperlink? Using Outlook 1
A Add Hyperlink to Task Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 11
Q Why can't I copy image with embedded hyperlink from email to Word Using Outlook 0
P URL Hyperlink not working correctly in Outlook 2003 Using Outlook 10
A Create Macro for hyperlink(email) in message body Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 9
Diane Poremsky Disable the Unsafe Hyperlink Warning when Opening Attachments Using Outlook 0
V Using custom field data in mail body + mailto hyperlink Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 7
C Hyperlink to an Outlook search Using Outlook 1
makinmyway Recent Files Not Updating when Using Insert Hyperlink in Outlook 2013 Using Outlook 0
E Create a URL hyperlink in an Outlook custom form? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
J Macro generating email using default signature and hyperlink Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 5
Witzker HYPERLINK "mailto:test@test.com" in form body Using Outlook 21
Hudas Hyperlink Saved Outlook Email to MS Access Table Using Outlook 4
S email body without "HYPERLINK" ( vba ) Using Outlook 6
M How to create a hyperlink to to an organizational form Using Outlook 5
J Hyperlink VBA Using Outlook 1
P Can't add a custom hyperlink to toolbar in OL 2010 Using Outlook 1
T Desable Hyperlink on email Using Outlook 3
O Hyperlink formatting lost after replacement in outlook Using Outlook 5
O Hyperlink formatting lost after replacement in outlook Using Outlook 0
G Hyperlink Using Outlook 1
P Hyperlink to Access record/Form Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
M auto click hyperlink?! Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
M Auto click a hyperlink Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
R Inserting a hyperlink in the bod of an outlook appt. Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 13
K Add Hyperlink in Email Body by VBA Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
mrrobski68 Issue with Find messages in a conversation macro Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
H Outlook 365 issue getting details from embedded files, crashing routine Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
O Mail rule issue Using Outlook 3
D Auto Remove [EXTERNAL] from subject - Issue with Macro Using Outlook 21
Commodore Safe way to add or update holidays; Windows Notifications issue Using Outlook 8
e_a_g_l_e_p_i Gmail in Outlook 2010 preview issue Using Outlook 4
M Issue transferring Outlook 2016 email accounts & settings onto new computer Using Outlook 8
P Forwarding emails issue with special characters replacing text body Using Outlook 1
S Excel VBA and shared calendar issue Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
A Clipboard Resize Issue Using Outlook 7
J O365 - Adding Shared Google Calendar ICS link issue in O365 Using Outlook 0
P Outlook 2013 "Item could not be moved - still an issue for Outlook 2013 Using Outlook 0
E Mail sorting view issue Using Outlook 1
D hide messege issue Using Outlook 1
B Outllok 2007 License Expired issue Using Outlook 0
ManaarZakaria I'm afraid of this issue, cause of strange error Exchange Server Administration 2
e_a_g_l_e_p_i Another reinstall of Outlook 2010 issue Using Outlook 10