Autoarchive when contradicting company policy

Status
Not open for further replies.

kckay

Is there an add-in or other way to autoarchive my .pst on my deskstop when the company policy set on Exchange is for no Autoarchive?

I would like to perform this task automatically rather than manually.

I get customer letters and responses to e-mail that I need to keep as reference.

The company turned off autoarchiving on the Exchange server to save space for teh general population.

Disabling autoarchive won't do much for saving space on the server since the archive is on the local computer, but there are other good reasons for disabling it.

My recommendation is to move or copy message you need to a new pst (at least until the compny disables pst files too. :)) This gives you better control over the messages you need to keep.

Otherwise, no, if autoarchive is disabled in Tools, options, other, archive, you can't enable it.

Thank you for the information.

Do you know if there is a software package or plug-in that will allow archiving and appending a archive .pst file rather than a backup? I would rather not risk over-writing a backup .pst file or need to remember to name the file differently. Having the software be able to be scheduled would be a huge plus.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
Victor_50 Set all subfolders to not autoarchive Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 11
P AutoArchive exchange folder to exchange folder Using Outlook 1
Diane Poremsky Using Outlook's AutoArchive Feature Using Outlook 0
E Moving autoarchive settings to new computer (Outlook 2007) Using Outlook 1
K Revert AutoArchive settings via GPO (Run Autoarchive every...) Using Outlook 4
B AutoArchive Nuances Using Outlook 1
E AutoArchive in 2010 not working Using Outlook 2
R Get AutoArchive settings (as set from Tools|Options|Other|AutoArch Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
B Update AutoArchive Settings on Multiple PST Files Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 5
M Can't change autoarchive property in Deleted Items folder BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1
S client lost 3K contacts when office 365 for mac account deleted from company exchange server Using Outlook 5
P Comcast IMAP broken but their second level support said to call "the Outlook company" Using Outlook 4
R Add 'Company' to Select Names Form Using Outlook 1
O Address list - company and non-company ? Using Outlook 0
T One Contact list, two sections of company (none) Using Outlook 2
Scorpion New Contacts keep coming up as company Using Outlook 1
Derek Howell Company wide calendar Exchange Server Administration 1
J Outlook 2013 when clicking To in a new email show Company names Using Outlook 0
T Uploading Outlook 2016 Contacts to Exchange Server Drops "Company" field data in 30% of records Exchange Server Administration 4
J Subject Field is displaying Name and company Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
M What is the best way to find all records of an e-mail for our company? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
Karsten V invites from outside company arrives as regular mails Using Outlook 2
Diane Poremsky Update Contacts with a New Company Name and Email Address Using Outlook 0
Diane Poremsky Update Contacts with a New Company Name and Email Address Using Outlook 0
J Create an appointment from Contact list with the Company name in the Subject line Using Outlook 1
A Create a Company Calendar Using Outlook 1
S rule, automatic replies, restricting them to within the company Using Outlook 1
B Full name of contact is now the company name Using Outlook 0
S How to set Company as default "File As" in Contacts for Outlook 2010 ? Using Outlook 1
J Company calendar sharing problems Using Outlook 2
A Copying additional contact fields when chosing "Contact from the same company" Using Outlook 5
P Addin / macro / rule to highlight email addresses outside company in To: field Using Outlook 3
T search folders to segregate internal e-mails ( from company domain ) vs exter Using Outlook 1
J Entering Contacts at Same Company Using Outlook 1
S How to setup a company calendar Using Outlook 3
M Outlook License from Hosting company Using Outlook 1
V No results when I SEARCH contacts under COMPANY NAME . . . . Using Outlook 3
P Company name in Business Projects BCM (Business Contact Manager) 2
T Outlook 2003 - Contacts view by Company Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
R Using 'Company Name' in a BCM report!! BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1
F company field won't show in report BCM (Business Contact Manager) 5
T Is any body knows how to add #company name# to report? BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1
S Re: Account / Company / Department (2007) BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1
A new contact from same company BCM (Business Contact Manager) 2
M "File As" option lost company name- Mass change? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 5
U Button for Company Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
A delete company BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1