Recurring meeting times off by several hours

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigbacon

Outlook version
Outlook 2010 32 bit
Email Account
Exchange Server
I have a script that runs through a database of ours that pulls meetings and creates a meeting request in code that is sent out through exchange 2007.

everything seems to be working correctly except recurring meetings. Whenever the script creates a recurring meeting, the times are off by 4 hours for the attendees only. The room resource has the time correct. One time only meetings do not have this issue.

Recurring meetings do show up on the calendar correctly, meaning the day is correct and recurs correctly but time is current_time_zone + 4 so a 7am meeting shows as 11am for the attendees.

the code it creating an ICS file and is sent in an email to the attendess and what not.

All the timezones are the same between the attendess, room resource, and exchange itself. I have no idea what is causing this.

Exchange 2007 and office 2007/2010. Code is written in ASP.Net 3.5

As in 'new since the start of dst'? Or new as of some recent update?

It sounds like the singles have properly identified time & time zone but the recurring are using GMT, however its identified as ET, so the time is 4 hrs ahead. It's odd that its correct on the resource but not to invitees - on the otherhand, the Time Zones feature in outlook 2007 and 2010 could be behind the problem.

How are you viewing the resource room calendar? Does OWA also have the wrong time? Is the time zone correct on an open appointment?

Have you compared the ics files to see how they are formatted?

so the script makes the meeting invite, the resource room auto accepts the meeting. I have access to the meeting room's everything.

if I bring up my calendar and the room's and look, the times will be different. If I log into the resource box directly through OWA, it also has the correct time.

Now, in the script, the only difference between the recurring and non-recurring is a line similar to this.

"RRULE:FREQ=WEEKLY;UNTIL=SOMEDATE;BYDAY=TH;INTERVAL=1;WKST=SU"

Which again, works just fine because the meeting will recurr as it should just for me, as the attendee, I am 11am and not 7am.

All the timezones are EST no matter where I look (outlook, OWA, web, etc)

new as in this is a new script that hasn't been used before.

so the script makes the meeting invite, the resource room auto accepts the meeting. I have access to the meeting room's everything.

if I bring up my calendar and the room's and look, the times will be different. If I log into the resource box directly through OWA, it also has the correct time.

Now, in the script, the only difference between the recurring and non-recurring is a line similar to this.

"RRULE:FREQ=WEEKLY;UNTIL=SOMEDATE;BYDAY=TH;INTERVAL=1;WKST=SU"

Which again, works just fine because the meeting will recurr as it should just for me, as the attendee, I am 11am and not 7am.

All the timezones are EST no matter where I look (outlook, OWA, web, etc)

I have tried to force the time zone in the ICS but it either throws everything off or just doesn't work at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
A Unable to save recurring Meeting to Documents folder due to error Using Outlook 2
P Receiving a Meeting Declined notice for a recurring meeting Using Outlook 0
G how to cancel a recurring meeting but not the organizer but all attendees need to know. Using Outlook 1
L Who Deleted My Recurring Meeting? Exchange Server Administration 6
F Recurring meeting with recurring prep. 2 days before Using Outlook 1
Mr Mayor Another recurring meeting question Using Outlook 1
J Recurring meeting - i require a monthly accept confrimation Using Outlook 1
M Recurring invitations for a recurring meeting Using Outlook 3
M Email address included automatically in the recurring meeting Using Outlook 4
L Setting up recurring meeting for every thursday except 3rd thursday Using Outlook 3
D Updating a recurring meeting cuses a reminder to be sent for every occurence. Using Outlook 2
P Delete Recurring Meeting Invite Using Outlook 4
A Recurring meeting sending a invite for each meeting Using Outlook 1
A Forwarding recurring appointment/meeting Using Outlook 2
G recurring meeting exceptions count not updated Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
R How do I cancel future occurences of recurring meeting in outlook Using Outlook 6
B change meeting organizer of recurring meeting without cancellnig Using Outlook 2
S Outlook 2016 Understand and customize prepended behavior of recurring task Using Outlook 0
J Recurrence pattern blank on recurring meetings? Using Outlook 4
G Schedule recurring email and attachments display Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
V Outlook 2016 Multiple recurring tasks getting created Using Outlook 0
S Changing colors of today's appointments, but not recurring ones Using Outlook 33
G Recurring tasks break links Outlook 2016 Using Outlook 5
K Recurring all day annual event Using Outlook 3
P Restore an individual all-day recurring event Using Outlook 2
F Year-and-a-day recurring appointments Using Outlook 1
N Recurring invite sent w/distribution list adding/removing attendees Using Outlook 0
C Recurring Task End Date Varies Using Outlook 3
M Expected behaviour of recurring appointments? Using Outlook 2
K Outlook 2013 Recurring Tasks Not Showing Complete Outlook.com Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 1
L Recurring Tasks lost Using Outlook 3
M Recurring icon for custom form task item Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 6
Diane Poremsky Scheduling a Recurring Message Using Outlook 0
Diane Poremsky Scheduling a Recurring Message Using Outlook 0
T outlook cal for mac changes times of recurring meetings on its own Using Outlook 1
T The Formatting Changes When A Recurring Appointment is Changed Using Outlook 1
S Modify recurring outlook invites based on form entry Using Outlook 0
S How to script for a recurring task Using Outlook 0
I VBA Recurring Task Converted From Email Using Outlook 2
M outlook recurring item stucks me. :( Exchange Server Administration 1
M How to skip weekends on recurring appointments - OL2010? Using Outlook 4
D Priting only Recurring Appointments in Outlook Calendar 2010 Using Outlook 1
X Can you get outlook to ignore certain weeks for recurring meetings? Using Outlook 1
B weekday recurring appointments Using Outlook 1
J Recurring Appointments With A Twist Using Outlook 3
G Weekly recurring appointments based on 6 month rotation Using Outlook 2
D Recurring Tasks Problem? Using Outlook 5
B Restoring Deleted Recurring Event AND Notes Using Outlook 8
O Assigning a single instance of a recurring task OUTLOOK 2010 Using Outlook 3
T How to Use Recurring Email without buying an add-on for Outlook 2010 Using Outlook 1