Blank body when replying with an Outlook Form.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let me clear up my last post... Outlook 2007 did not work either way, I realized that I did no test it after the fact. The problem with the workaround is that once you place code in a form, the form is internaly flagged as having code in it, even if you remove it. Why is this important? Because it kills the reading pane, gives the error " ". The only way to fix it is to re-create the form from scratch. Now for the Good news from Microsoft: It looks like we found the key piece of information that is making this inconsistent. The problem seems to happen only if the form is published using Outlook in online mode. I have been using cached mode to publish the form and it’s always worked for me, even in online mode. However, the debug engineer found (and I can confirm) that as soon as we publish the form using online mode, it then does not work in either online or cached mode.

So I’m hopeful that a quick resolution to this issue is for you to open both forms (Default and Project) using Outlook 2007 in cached mode and then republish them using the same name. However, you may want to try a test first and republish them with a different name first (and also update the actions in the form) just to make sure that is working for you. In the worst case scenario, there may be a problem with your current forms since they were originally published in online mode and they may need to be recreated from scratch, but I’m hoping that’s not the case. Fortunately, the forms are not very complex so that, too, should be a relatively quick thing to do.

For those who don't remember, to turn on cached mode, Close Outlook, Open Control Panel > Mail > Email Accounts > Change > Check the box that says "Use Cached Exchange Mode" then republish your forms. Worked for me:D

If you want to reproduce the problem, make sure that outlook is in live mode not cached.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
J Recurrence pattern blank on recurring meetings? Using Outlook 4
D Emailed form is blank Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
David Michaels Contact card shows blank Outlook 2013 Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
J Installed Outlook but Default Calendar is Blank Using Outlook 3
A Outlook Postal Addresses Missing/Blank Using Outlook 0
J Blank GAL in OAB Exchange Server Administration 1
M Blank Pop-up Window when click "Manage Sharing" BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1
R How to search for blank userproperties field Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
Copwriter Paragraph formatting in blank messages/stationery Using Outlook 3
J Meeting Invites Go Blank When Forwarding or Accepting Using Outlook 2
J Calendar Views (2013) are Blank Using Outlook 1
T From Field Blank when saving to folder other than Sent items Using Outlook 2
K blank emails generated in outbox when clicking on Inbox and other foders Using Outlook 0
A VBA Script to Forward Spam to AntiSpam Provider Using "Blank" Form Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
F Change default value of date/time type from "None" to Blank Using Outlook 1
G Outlook Forms Blank once sent. Using Outlook 1
M Receipients are receiving a blank email when I send a form Using Outlook 1
K Custom Forms - Blank Message Received! Using Outlook 1
M outlook items attached show up blank Using Outlook 3
E Blank Print Preview when access via the Quick Access toolbar Using Outlook 3
M Outlook 2003 rule to detect a blank category Using Outlook 1
J Blank Inboxes in Outlook 2010 Using Outlook 3
C adobe attachments open with blank screen Using Outlook 3
M Missing/Blank Hotmail Emails from Outlook but appear in hotmail BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1
B Re: Outlook Forms E-mail Creation Sending Blank Fields Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
Forum Admin Blank messages in Outlook when using the Connector Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 0
B Blank E-mail in Sent Folder Using Outlook 4
C Prevent Outlook from sending an email with a blank Subject Line Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
B Attachment.PathName is always blank Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 7
L Outlook 2007 prints blank page Using Outlook 4
B Fields are blank for recipient Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
C Re: Outlook 2007 is showing all pictures as a blank square Using Outlook 2
T Blank Email in Reading Pane for Custom Form Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 12
Y I receive a blank sheet in microsoft outlook forms when Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
G Retaining Tabs in outlook body Using Outlook 2
S Create Outlook Task from Template and append Body with Email Body Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
G Get current open draft message body from VBA Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
G Creating Macro to scrape emails from calendar invite body Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 6
H Copying email address(es) in body of email and pasting in To field Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
D Delete selected text in outgoing email body Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
kburrows Outlook Email Body Text Disappears/Overlaps, Folders Switch Around when You Hover, Excel Opens Randomly and Runs in the Background - Profile Corrupt? Using Outlook 0
K Incorporate selection from combobox into body of email Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
C Populate form data into message body Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
J Outlook 365 Add keywords from Listbox to the message body where cursor is placed Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
Witzker Set Cursor & Focus from any field to the body of a user Contact form in OL 2019 Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
J Outlook 2019 Regex email addresses from body Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 6
T 1:1 Datatransfer from incoming mail body to customs form body Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
D Copy Appointment Body to Task Body Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
Beeto Replace a string in body Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
S New Outlook Appointment - Select All Body Text and Change Font and Size Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1