Business Card View Missing Address Line Breaks

Status
Not open for further replies.

forum1

Outlook version
Outlook 2019 64-bit
Email Account
Outlook.com (as MS Exchange)
In the Business Card view I occasionally find a record that is displayed without line breaks in the address field. For example:

As displayed with the contact record open:

1 Main St

Lavelle CA 55655

In the Business Card view.

1 Main StLavelle CA 55655

The only way to fix this is to edit some part of the address and save the record. Then the Business Card view will match the Address field view. Edits to other fields in the record have no effect on correcting the Business Card view.

First, I don’t understand why the Business Card view is showing incorrectly to begin with. If I open the record the address is clearly displayed properly, with multiple lines, and if click on the address button (Business, Home, Other) I can see that Outlook has properly parsed the Street, City, State, and Zip into the correct fields. So why is the Business Card view seemingly maintaining a separate field that somehow doesn’t always have the same data?

Second, as far as correcting the issue, is there any easy way to simply have Outlook “refresh” the address field of all records so that I don’t have to manually touch every record that has this issue?

You could use VBA to touch all of the contacts. As for why its happening, is there anything that links the affected contacts - ie, created in an older version, imported from another application, created or edited on a pda etc ? That's usually the cause of issues such as this.

Yeah. I'll have to prepare a VB script to touch all the contact addresses with something unique and then remove it. Thanks. I will mark this as solved.

As for the history of the records, it's hard to say. Almost all of the contacts in the PST have come over from previous versions of Outlook, but not all have this Business Card display issue. A small subset of contacts have been edited, and an even smaller subset created, by various versions of Windows Mobile devices over the years, but I can't say for certain that this is the common thread for the troubled records. Regardless, it seems very silly that Outlook would show the address parsed properly into the Street, City, Town, and Zip fields, yet the Business Card view doesn't format properly. Maybe there is some special character in the database that doesn't display but negates a line break (just a guess)?

Maybe there is some special character in the database that doesn't display but negates a line break (just a guess)?

Thats my guess - there is something with the end of line character that Outlook can parse in the address fields but can't parse in the busines card.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
J Contact Business card view Using Outlook 11
J USA in Business Card View Using Outlook 4
B Importing business card into Outlook for SIgnature Using Outlook 1
E Apply customized Business Card for all users Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
D screwy behavior Business Card - Outlook 2013 Using Outlook 8
F Want to add second email to Outlook for business use Using Outlook 4
jehan2256 "History" button in Business Contact Manager Using Outlook 1
Travis Lloyd Messages Won't Display In Outlook 2019 Home & Business Using Outlook 0
S Skype for business meeting vba code Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
B Outlook Business Contact Manager with SQL to Excel, User Defined Fields in BCM don't sync in SQL. Can I use VBA code to copy 1 field to another? BCM (Business Contact Manager) 0
J Make business address defulkt in cureent not new contacts Using Outlook 1
M Setting flag follow up for next business day Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
P How to filter primary contacts in business contact manager BCM (Business Contact Manager) 0
F Set (flagged) reminder for next business day Using Outlook 4
C Business Contact Manager Using Outlook 3
Diane Poremsky How to Process Mail After Business Hours Using Outlook 0
Diane Poremsky How to Always Process Mail After Business Hours Using Outlook 0
Diane Poremsky Project and Business Process Management Tools Using Outlook 0
J BCM 2013 displays wrong form for account and business contact BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1
B Business Connectivity Service BCM (Business Contact Manager) 4
O Calendar and business contact manager Using Outlook 0
N Select Existing BCM Business Contact in C# application Using Outlook 0
N BCM suddenly crashed and not able to view specific business contact. Using Outlook 1
M Adding fields to Task in Outlook Home and Business 2010 Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 7
stephenjones Adding a business account to Outlook Using Outlook 1
S Can't send messages using Outlook 2007 from a business email Using Outlook 3
T Business Projects question BCM (Business Contact Manager) 0
J Office 365 small business/Outlook 2013 issues Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 1
T client addin deletes all business contacts BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1
L Business Contact Mnager losing contact details BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1
pedropimenta@netcabo.pt Sync Business contacts with Icloud contacts BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1
C Trying to move my Business Contact Manager ver. 2003 to BCM ver. 2010 Using Outlook 3
D opening Word Document in a business contact? BCM (Business Contact Manager) 3
M PST large - Imap gmail business Using Outlook 0
E No projects appearing in 'business projects' for bcm Using Outlook 0
A receive error when create new business contact BCM (Business Contact Manager) 14
M Looking for trainer in Business Contact Manager BCM (Business Contact Manager) 0
N How to install BCM for Outlook 2013 in Office 365 Small Business Premium BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1
C Business Con Mgr - E-mail blast, to have a 'CC' as well as attach a document.. Exchange Server Administration 0
M Queries on Business Contact Manager (BCM) with Outlook 2013 Using Outlook 1
J Missing business contacts! BCM (Business Contact Manager) 4
V Custom UI Runtime Error in Business Contact Manager for Outlook (2013) BCM (Business Contact Manager) 6
K Business address as default mailing address Using Outlook 3
S Please help! -- Linked Account field at Business Contacts tab is always empty BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1
A Trouble importing data to radio buttons Business Contact Manager 2010 (BCM) Using Outlook 2
B BCM 2010: Exporting Notes to .CSV with Business Contacts? BCM (Business Contact Manager) 3
E Macro to export BCM business data to CSV file BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1
P Using BCM2010 Business Projects as SharePoint 2007 Data Source BCM (Business Contact Manager) 3
R "business contact manager logon failure server is in single user mode" - HELP! BCM (Business Contact Manager) 4
P Add Business Contacts to BCM2010 from iPhone BCM (Business Contact Manager) 2