OL2003 Macro disables itself - looking for way to automate 'enable'

Status
Not open for further replies.

JackPollack

Outlook version
Email Account
Exchange Server
Using Outlook 2003, Windows 7 64Bit, IMAP.

Since OL2003 doesn't let you specify a Sent Item Folder and stores IMAP sent items on the local machine (which is pretty stupid, if you are using IMAP) I have created a rule that copies sent messages to the server so they are accessible from my other computer.

This works fine, except periodically the rule becomes unchecked (it is the only rule I have so I don't know if it just that rule or every rule that would uncheck).

It is a big problem when I am working on my laptop and find that no sent items have uploaded for several days.

I was going to write a macro that enabled the rule but it doesn't appear that OL2003 has a interface to the rules. Since the rules are stored in the pst file I dont see any way of protecting them there. Even a macro that sends key strokes would be hard since I would know if the macro was enabled or disabled at any given time.

Help!

Any ideas? add-ins?

I dont want to switch to OL2007

Forum Admin

IMAP support in Outlook 2003 was pretty bad. It's better in 2010 - and you can now pick the sent and deleted items folders.

The rule becomes unchecked because it loses contact with the server and fails. You can't run rules using a macro - but you could use a macro to move messages in the sent folder to the imap sent folder. See if outlookcode.com has any code samples. While this won't enable the rule if its disabled, it will help if it's disabled. I'd try running it on application send - but you may need to run it manually, like at the end of the day, before you close outlook. (I wouldn't set it to run on application close though.)

JackPollack

Outlook version
Email Account
Exchange Server
Thanks.

Why the rule deactivates makes sense.

I just wrote a few lines of code to move messages from local sent items to IMAP follder and put it ins the message send event. It appears to work perfectly

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
C Cannot access macro menu in OL2003 Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
T From OL2010 Pro to OL2003 Pro Using Outlook 4
J OL2003 (HTTP proxy) update time Exchange Server Administration 7
P migration issue from OL2003 to OL2010 with custom contact form Using Outlook 7
J OL2003 Public Folder Sync Errors w/ Exchange 2010 Exchange Server Administration 11
S OL2003 labels in OL2010 Using Outlook 7
T 2010 Outlook multiple IMAPs All named INBOX Need better ID (even OL2003 named Inbox for account name) Using Outlook 3
M Develop for OL2003 on OL2007 machine using VS2008 and VSTO? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
W OL2003 & VB6:- "Could not send the message" Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 7
C Converting users with BCM in OL2003 to RPC over HTTP BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1
S Macro or plug-in to see if specific person was included in this email Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
U Macro for reminders,tasks,calendar Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
V macro runs slower on startup than after Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
N Macro to move all recipients to CC while replying Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
A VBA macro for 15 second loop in send and received just for 1 specific mailbox Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
G VBA Macro Calendar Printing Assistant 3
R Help Revising VBA macro to delete email over different time span Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
M Outlook macro to automate search and forward process Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 6
R Macro Schedule every day in Outlook Using Outlook 0
L Moving emails with similar subject and find the timings between the emails using outlook VBA macro Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
Healy Consultants Macro to remove inside organization distribution list email address when reply to all recepients Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
geofferyh Cannot get Macro to SAVE more than one message attachment??? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 5
N How can I increase/faster outlook VBA Macro Speed ? Using Outlook 2
4 Macro to set the category of Deleted Item? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
D.Moore Folder view settings by VBA macro Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 57
A Outlook macro to create search folder with mail categories as criteria Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
Dave A Run macro on existing appointment when it changes Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
V Outlook Macro to show Flagged messages Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
O Run macro automatically at sending an email Using Outlook 11
R Retain Original Message When Forwarding With Macro Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
C Macro to add multiple recipients to message Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
B Reply and replyall macro is not working Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
O Macro - paste as plain text Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
J Help Please!!! Outlook 2016 - VBA Macro for replying with attachment in meeting invite Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 9
witzker Macro to set contact reminder to next day 9:00 Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 45
M Adding Macro to populate "to" "subject" "body" not deleting email string below. Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 5
E Copying data from e-mail attachement to EXCEL file via macro Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 38
M Macro to add date/time stamp to subject Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
R VBA macro - new message Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
S Example VBA Macro - To Conditionally Change the From Account and Add a BCC Address on Emails Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 11
S Macro using .SendUsingAccount only works the first time, after starting Outlook Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
S VBA Macro - Run-time error '424': object required - Help Please Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
B VBA Macro for assigning multiple Categories to an email in my Inbox Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
N Macro for attachment saved and combine Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
Sabastian Samuel HOW DO I FORWARD AN EMAIL WITH MACRO using an email that in the body of another email Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
C Search with Google Macro? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
J Outlook 2013 Extract Flag Completed dates to Excel Macro Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 16
M Slow VBA macro in Outlook Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 5
D Print Attachments only in selected emails using a macro Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
M Macro for attachments download adjustment Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3