email message to calendar meeting?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kswan

Outlook version
Email Account
Is it possible to save an email message as the starting point for a calendar meeting? I'm new to the outlook exchange world. I could do this in other systems and can't seem to find it online if it exists. Thanks

Like drag an email message to the calendar folder or to the Navigation pane's thumbnail calendars to open a new appointment form with the message in the appointment body? Sure. :)

Either drag or right click and drag. If you drag to the caledar folder, the default date is today or drag it to the navigation calendars to pick a date.

This quickie video shows dragging and then right click -drag to both the navigation calendars and the calendar folder.

[video]http://slipstick.me/jing/mail_appt.swf[/video]

oh, and one method i always forget: use the Move to or Copy to folder command, choosing the calendar folder. That defaults to today.

Thanks! Exactly what I was looking for...except maybe the whole folder thing :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
B automate email message on Outlook Calendar notification alerts? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
E Outlook 365 Save Selected Email Message as .msg File - oMail.Delete not working when SEARCH Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
E Save Selected Email Message as .msg File - digitally sign email doesn't works Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
A Links in email getting error message about group policy Using Outlook 4
X Open Hyperlinks in an Outlook Email Message (Help with Diane's solution) Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
N Save Selected Email Message as .msg File Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 12
S Unable to extract text from an Outlook email message Using Outlook 2
W September 2020 - No Default Email Client message after Office Update Using Outlook 1
T Column to display which email alias a message was sent to Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 6
I How to display sender's name instead of email address in outlook 2013 message Using Outlook 5
A VB to "reply all" email items stored in a folder of outlook with adding a new message Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
M Want to autorespond to an email address in the body of message Using Outlook 0
Diane Poremsky Save Selected Email Message as .msg File Using Outlook 11
R Print email message and attachment in order Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
D Limiting email notifications message Using Outlook 1
A Creating an outlook rule to forward an email with a specific message Using Outlook 1
Diane Poremsky Open All Hyperlinks in a Email Message Using Outlook 0
Diane Poremsky Create an Outlook appointment from an email message Using Outlook 4
B you are not responding to the latest message - wrong email Using Outlook 1
A Create Macro for hyperlink(email) in message body Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 9
T Opening email causes "Contacting ..." message Using Outlook 1
M Macro to Format certain words in email message Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 5
M Save selected email message as .msg file (with user to choose folder location) Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 14
L Moving Message Class email via script and Rule Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
E Automatically pick up Recipient's Name on the Body of the Email Message Using Outlook 1
J Adding original email text to outlook message template Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
K extract certain text from an Outlook Email Message Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
X Outlook 2003 not sending all of the new email message Using Outlook 1
evdbogaard How can I use data from a xml file in an email message? Using Outlook 0
A Issue with respond to an email message with a meeting request Using Outlook 0
S Script to use in a rule when a message arrives to send to email in the message Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 12
S send email attachment from word, message stripped out Using Outlook 1
R Content occcasionally deleted email message is dragged to shared folder Exchange Server Administration 1
K Outlook 2010 Mailtips - Can they be printed with the email message Using Outlook 1
H Edit email message Using Outlook 7
C Deleted email message using Outlook 2010 Using Outlook 2
M Can't send email to certain valid email addresses, message says Using Outlook 1
R Recall Email Message when i'm not the original sender - Outlook 2010 Using Outlook 2
J Scrolling in a email message Using Outlook 1
D you can delete the email message just sent? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
T How to embed a form into an email message? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
M Get the message opening date in the outlook email Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 5
M Got error message when sending email:Could not complete the operat Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
S Event for email message select Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
U Export of Message Header / Unique ID to Excel Sheet When email is Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
L VBA to Triage Incoming Email Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
R Legacy Outlook on Mac Email Cache Using Outlook 0
P Email address auto-completes work fine on laptop, but no longer on desktop Using Outlook 3
S Create Outlook Task from Template and append Body with Email Body Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
H Copying email address(es) in body of email and pasting in To field Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1