Configuring Navigation shortcuts

Status
Not open for further replies.

chettacka

Outlook version
Email Account
POP3
My Outlook 2003 correctly shifts among Ctrl-1/Email; Ctrl-3/Contacts; Ctrl-4/Tasks; etc... However, Ctrl-2 shifts to the Calendar navigation bar, BUT continues to display the last-viewed pane. E.g.: If I use Ctrl-2 to switch to Calendar from Email, all that switches is the Navigation bar (on the left). The view pane remains the same...

It's a quirk of mine: I want it to work. At one time it did. I have spent hours over months going through menus and searching online. I haven't found my answer; but, I haven't found the question either!

Thanks!

Chet

chettacka@earthlink.net

I recall seeing this complaint before but i don't recall the fix. Verify you have all updates installed (can do this from Microsoft update on Windows Start menu or Outlook's help menu).

Is the calendar folder highlighted in blue or is it just outlined with a dotted border? I recall outlook today caused outlook to lose focus on the calendar. If you use Outlook today at start, go into Tools, options, other, advanced and select a different Start folder. Otherwise, avoid it and see if the problem goes away. (In a quicky test here, it does cause the navpane list to lose focus but the calendar still loads in the center pane.)

Try resetting the view on the folder - does the calendar eventually display or can you bring it up using other methods? If so, go to view, arrange by, current view, customize and click Reset. This will only reset this view, not all custom views you might have.

I updated within hours of re-attempting a fix. Default opening view is email. Using "Ctrl-" or the folder buttons under the nav menu to change to the Calendar view, it is highlighted. You see however, the prior view (whether it's email or contacts...) [I tried creating an attachment, but the size limits are too restrictive.]

Reseting the view only shrinks my Sat/Sun..

Does MS still support 2007? Most problems are availabe in both versions, it seems. They wouldn't let me post a question about an Office 2003 product....:rolleyes: [< I don't do this stuff..... normally....]

THANKS FOR YOUR INPUT!!

Chet..

I recall seeing this complaint before but i don't recall the fix. Verify you have all updates installed (can do this from Microsoft update on Windows Start menu or Outlook's help menu).

Is the calendar folder highlighted in blue or is it just outlined with a dotted border? I recall outlook today caused outlook to lose focus on the calendar. If you use Outlook today at start, go into Tools, options, other, advanced and select a different Start folder. Otherwise, avoid it and see if the problem goes away. (In a quicky test here, it does cause the navpane list to lose focus but the calendar still loads in the center pane.)

Try resetting the view on the folder - does the calendar eventually display or can you bring it up using other methods? If so, go to view, arrange by, current view, customize and click Reset. This will only reset this view, not all custom views you might have.

if you don't have a skydrive account (available with a live id, aka passport, aka hotmail address) you can post screenshots at xsolive.com - there is an outlook screenshot gallery there. Although, I'm not sure its needed for this.

Outlook 2007 is still in support. Where did you try to post an Outlook 2003 question?

Status
Not open for further replies.