Tracking Activities in Outlook Calendar

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cranetx

Outlook version
Email Account
Exchange Server
The company that I am working for is asking us to track certain activities in Siebel. We have not invested in the Seibel tools that allow communication between outlook and Seibel at this point.

I am hoping that I can have my people log activities in outlook and then report on them through outlook. For example they are responsible to showing product a, b and c. If when they are setting the appointments they could simple note what product they are showing and then pull that information out and total up how many times they showed the products over the previous 6 months that would likely suffice.

Yes, i think it will work. Decide if you want the users to use the subject line or notes field or custom fields for the data you need to track (subject line or custom fields should work good) then use this method to get the data in Excel or another program that accepts paste and process it: The no-export way to use Outlook data in Excel

If you use the subject line, everyone would need to use the same comma delimited format for the subject - ie, Bill Smith, A, whatever, whatever, whatever -so you can use text to columns to split the fields. If everyone is good about it, that will work but if not, use a custom form with each field you need defined.

You can paste the data into any program that accepts paste (use paste special in word) - I've even pasted into SQL and Access tables - just makes sure the order of the fields is eactly as you need in the other application.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
C Tracking Calendar Changes? Using Outlook 1
L Attachment saving and tracking - PLEASE help! Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 5
R Outlook for Mac - Advanced Search and Tracking Sent Emails Using Outlook 0
H tracking time of emails Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
N Tracking Mail items being moved to folders Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 5
N Activity Tracking with Userform Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
S My Draft Emails Have Review Tracking Using Outlook 7
rino email campaign - tracking opened emails Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 6
C Problem tracking meeting responses Using Outlook 3
D tracking emails in outlook 2010 Using Outlook 1
C Rule to Handle Meeting Replies that updates tracking information Using Outlook 2
M Room Reservation request showed "None" in Tracking-View Tracking Status. Exchange Server Administration 0
C Tracking WHO deleted items in a Shared Mailbox Using Outlook 1
S How to remove tracking from printing - outlook 2010 Using Outlook 4
J Tracking sent emails Using Outlook 3
R Can't use "manage linking and tracking" BCM (Business Contact Manager) 10
P Tracking BCM Users BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1
K add an email to a business contact without linking/tracking sender BCM (Business Contact Manager) 0
K add an email to an account without linking and tracking the email address BCM (Business Contact Manager) 0
M Tracking Tasks Due Date Using Outlook 1
S Voting Buttons are Not Tracking Using Outlook 1
D Tracking meeting request responses in Outlook Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 16
B How to Remove Scheduling and Tracking on the Custom Meeting Form Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
F Tracking email in Outlook BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1
E BCM for Job Search Tracking? BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1
S Activities in Outlook Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
N contact notepad 'style' getting changed after clicking and running Activities Using Outlook 2
Werewolf Workaround for the missing Activities tab in Contact Folder Properties in Outlook 2010? Using Outlook 2
Diane Poremsky Outlook 2010 & Contact Activities Using Outlook 0
P activities tab 2013 Using Outlook 1
F Outlook 2010 Activities search finds nothing Using Outlook 4
J Outlook replacement options - contact journal activities lost Using Outlook 23
J Cannot Find Activities 2010 Using Outlook 14
R Activities - Speeding up retrivel Using Outlook 1
S Outlook 2010: How do you enable Contacts' Activities to search archive folders Using Outlook 6
R Outlook 2010 Contact Activities Using Outlook 14
N Moving communication history and activities from BCM to OUtlook BCM (Business Contact Manager) 2
N Moving contacts and activities from BCM to OUtlook BCM (Business Contact Manager) 4
A Outlook can't remember outlook.com, Exchange password. Using Outlook 0
S Related messages show in main Outlook window vice new Advanced Find windows Using Outlook 1
H Force Outlook 2019 with GMail 2-Step to Require Login? Using Outlook 0
G Retaining Tabs in outlook body Using Outlook 2
V Setting up Outlook 2021 on new computer Using Outlook 2
G Add Map It button to Custom Contacts Form in Outlook Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
X Custom icon (not from Office 365) for a macro in Outlook Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
Victor_50 Problem - Google Workspace will stop "unsafe" access to Outlook end 2024 Using Outlook 3
C New pc, new outlook, is it possible to import auto-complete emailaddress Using Outlook 4
T Outlook 365 won't take new working password Using Outlook 0
S Create Outlook Task from Template and append Body with Email Body Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
P Can't add custom field to custom Outlook form, it always adds to the Folder instead Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2