Allow Programmatic Access Outlook 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ash Stapleton

Outlook version
Outlook 2010 64 bit
Email Account
POP3
Hi, I'm having trouble getting MYOB to send emails through Outlook 2010. A message comes up saying a program is trying to access outlook, and then I have to click allow after a 5 second delay. This is not practical for the 500+ emails I'm trying to send.

Is there a way to disable outlook security settings, or perhaps an automatic clicking program? The add-in from MAPIlab does not fix the issue either. Thanks

Do you have the latest version of myob? I thought they fixed it (but could be wrong). In any event, they need to release an update that fixes it - otherwise your options are the mapilab addin or clickyes. I'm guessing the problem with the mapilab addin is because you are using 64bit Outook. ClickYes might work better.

http://www.contextmagic.com/express-clickyes/ - they have a free version.

Thanks Diane. We're running Retail Manager v11 with the latest updates. When I contacted MYOB they said they currently don't support Outlook 2010 which was released after v11, but they assured me their developers are working on a solution.

I tried ClickYes Express and that seemed to have solved the problem, so thanks for that. The curious side effect now, is that none of the attached invoices are being received by clients although they are showing up in the sent folder in outlook. I'm not completely sure about this, but it may be something to do with TNEF, and changing the global settings to HTML or PLAIN TEXT may fix this. Would appreciate any other thoughts on this?

Yes, I'm pretty sure its TNEF.

Start with the first question and work down - we may have the answer before we get to the last...

Is RTF your default? (Shouldn't be, use HTML instead.)

Does MYOB use RTF messages? Does MYOB use custom template? (See bug below)

The copy in your sent folder: is it RTF or HTML?

Do the recipients receive an HTML or plain text message? How big is the message they get - a few KB or large enough to have the attachment?

One of two things could be the cause:

RTF message format results in a winmail.dat which is not readable except by Outlook.

MYOB uses a custom template and you are sending to an interent address. There is a bug where messages created using a custom template and sent using SMTP are converted to plain text. If this was the problem, they should receive the attachments (I think) - when i tested it with an HTML template that had pictures, the pictures were attached to the plain text message. Maybe its different if there is a real attachment, rather than embedded images. (This is on for fixing in June I think.)

Regardless, its not clickyes's doing. :) They just push buttons. If you use an antivirus scanner on your email it could be the cause too - removing the winmail.dat so even outlook users get just a plain text body, but that is less common. (Or it removes the attachment, leaving HTML body).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
G To enable/disable Allow New Time proposals Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
S Need code to allow defined starting folder and selection from there to drill down Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 10
1 Incorrectly Setup a Rule at Domain level to not allow address from outside domain Exchange Server Administration 2
S Outlook 2007: Address Cards allow entering text! Why? Using Outlook 3
Laurent Duchastel New email setup dialog doesn't allow alias Using Outlook 2
V Deny/Allow Using Outlook 2
M VBA script to allow mail merges of distribution groups? Using Outlook 7
A OL13 Calendar, won't allow entering 2 appointments consecutively Using Outlook 4
J outlook problem it allow to book meeting room at the same day & time Using Outlook 0
A In Contacts Phone List View, allow alpha jump w/single key, same as Card views Using Outlook 4
N Allow Another User to Send on Behalf of But Prevent Access to Inbox Using Outlook 4
D How to set permissions to allow external program to send an email? Using Outlook 0
K Importing CSV contacts- doesnt allow me to map or move forward V 2007 Using Outlook 1
R how do I eliminate allow access dialog box using VBAproject in Out Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
M Allow or Deny when a Program tries to send an email Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
J WINDOWS EASY TRANSFER does not allow for BCM BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1
B Only 249 contacts are allow to be created in Outlook by Add-in Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 5
T Allow only one instance of Outlook Using Outlook 6
C OL 2003/2007: HOW allow me to see categories, but not let recipien Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
klpconsulting Programmatic Access Office 365 Pro Plus & RDS Using Outlook 1
J Programmatic access grayed out Using Outlook 10
Diane Poremsky Change Outlook's Programmatic Access Options Using Outlook 0
R Programmatic Access Security Pop up with Wordeditor Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 6
Victor_50 Problem - Google Workspace will stop "unsafe" access to Outlook end 2024 Using Outlook 3
A Quick Access Toolbar Not Showing Description Using Outlook 0
W Outlook 365 File access denied attempting to import .pst Using Outlook 6
J Recover server side rules from OST/PST without access to the server Using Outlook 2
richardwing Outlook 365 VBA to access "Other Actions" menu for incoming emails in outlook Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
V How to add 'Previous Item' and 'Next Item' to the Quick Access Toolbar Using Outlook 1
J Text icon in Quick Access toolbar ? Using Outlook 2
Z Import Tasks from Access Using VBA including User Defined Fields Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
Fozzie Bear Shared Public Folders Access and Use Exchange Server Administration 0
G How to add a folder shortcut to outlook quick access toolbar? Using Outlook 6
D Lost Access to Custom Form Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
Jennifer Murphy Grant R/W (update) access to a friend Using Outlook 3
O The page that you are trying to access cannot be loaded. Using Outlook 0
T Render Outlook emails in MS access as they appear in Outlook Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
T Outlook "A program is trying to access Outlook" Using Outlook 3
GregS Can't access archive file Using Outlook 5
J What is the best EntryID format to set on MS Access table Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
J No access to a Database BCM BCM (Business Contact Manager) 3
R How can I access my emails from corrupt offline files of MS Outlook ? Using Outlook 1
V Change default default save location to Quick Access Using Outlook 1
R Quick Access view in File Explorer when saving attachments Using Outlook 0
D Disable or hide "reply" and "reply to all" and "forward" in email from access vba Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
J Open an outlook email by Subject on MS Access linked table with VBA Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 10
G Windows Update Causes BCM Database Access Problem? BCM (Business Contact Manager) 4
D populating listbox on custom form from Access Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 7
O Synchronize safe persons Outlook 2016 -> Outlook Web Access (OWA) Using Outlook 30
K How to access emails found to be located in "Top of Outlook data file"? Using Outlook 3