Outlook Automatically Change "From" address based on "To" address

Status
Not open for further replies.

compsys

Outlook version
Email Account
IMAP
I have email@domain.com setup to forward a copy to myemail@myemail.com.

When someone sends an email to email@domain.com, I receive an email in my myemail@myemail.com showing the sender customer@customer.com and where he originally sent the email to, email@domain.com. I would like to have Outlook change the "From" address for me automatically based on who the sender sent the email to, this way the customer thinks they are getting a response back from the same email they originally sent the email to, and can continue to respond, vice-versa. Is there a rule type of setup where I can tell outlook, change the From address to blah@blah.com if the "To:" field says email@domain.com?

I hope this makes sense... Your help is extremely appreciated.

Hi, thank you for your response and sorry I had been away for a while. So in order to use the macro to auto populate the "From" field, I NEED to have that other account setup in outlook? Or is there just a way to populate it without the need for the other account to be setup?

The reason I ask is because this is Google Apps, and the entire reason all this has to get figured out is because of the issue with IMAP connection limited to 10. It's kicking other people out because of the exceeded connections, so I can't have people with that account anymore. I decided to create a distribution group and just foward a copy of all emails to that distribution group which all the users are joined to. The issue now is obviously, they don't want the users to respond via their personal emails, but to respond via the main email that the customers originally emailed into, and I want to have a way that will sort of automate the "From" to be that main email. Does this all make sense?

The account needs to be configured in Outlook - i'm not aware of a way to send it otherwise, without exposing the sender's address. Configure it as a POP account - use a fake name for the incoming server and configure the send receive settings to never check for new mail. Users won't download mail from the account - they will only send using it.

Thank you, I almost have everything set. Even though this isn't exactly what I wanted, I am curious if there is a way to write something in VBA that tells Outlook to look at the intended recipient and based on that, automatically select the account to send from.

For example, User sends an email to Support, Outlook see's that Support is the intended recipient, so when you choose to reply to that email, outlook automatically chooses the account you told it to send from if it matches the search.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
W Change Template Recipient Automatically - Outlook 2007 Using Outlook 5
Z Automatically adjust Outlook Reading Pane from bottom to right depending on portrait or landscape window Using Outlook 1
Y Outlook 2013 Stop Outlook from automatically assigning categories to Tasks Using Outlook 0
A How to open a specific link automatically with outlook 2016 Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 6
N How to set automatically the default or user defined Quickstyle Templates by Answer in Outlook Using Outlook 1
D Outlook 2016 automatically increment anniversaries Using Outlook 1
A How to open a specific link automatically with outlook Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 13
N how to sync automatically when outlook opens Using Outlook 10
C Need VBA code to automatically save message outside outlook and add date Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
stephen li VBA Outlook send mail automatically by specified outlook mail box Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
S Automatically selecting folders and deleting messages in Outlook VBA Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 7
M Outlook 2016 Rules Not Working Automatically Using Outlook 5
T Outlook 2010 emails do not refresh automatically Exchange Server Administration 1
Angger Microsoft Outlook 2010 Automatically Restarting Using Outlook 2
N Outlook Shared appointments automatically to Private Calendar Using Outlook 1
M Automatically move Outlook message to the specific folder when click on reply to all Using Outlook 4
I Automatically updates outlook 2011 address book Using Outlook 1
D Printing Attachments Automatically in Outlook 2010 Using Outlook 1
F Outlook 2007 - Reading Pane Automatically Downloads First/Topmost Message Using Outlook 4
J Email won't send Automatically in Outlook 2010 Using Outlook 3
A How to move responded emaisl automatically to sub folders in Outlook 2007 Using Outlook 0
J outlook rule doesn't run automatically Using Outlook 0
E Automatically move to other Folder from Inbox when mail comes - MS Outlook Using Outlook 1
L Outlook 2007 not automatically receiving emails into the inbox Using Outlook 3
J Outlook Invites automatically adding 'Required Attendees' Using Outlook 1
R Outlook 2010 Not Recieiving Emails Automatically, Have tohit Send / Recieve Using Outlook 1
C Can you have Outlook automatically accept Tasks for you? Using Outlook 7
S Outlook automatically reads messages that I have not even seen yet Using Outlook 7
N How to automatically update all fields in an Outlook message template (OFT)? Using Outlook 9
L Anyway to Display entire category list in Outlook 2007 automatically? Using Outlook 1
C Refresh IMAP folder list automatically OUTLOOK 2010 Using Outlook 4
M Outlook 2007 with BCM - Tasks being created automatically BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1
G Outlook 2003 - automatically deleting inbox msg after reply Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
S Outlook rules not running automatically Using Outlook 11
A Outlook can't remember outlook.com, Exchange password. Using Outlook 0
S Related messages show in main Outlook window vice new Advanced Find windows Using Outlook 1
H Force Outlook 2019 with GMail 2-Step to Require Login? Using Outlook 0
G Retaining Tabs in outlook body Using Outlook 2
V Setting up Outlook 2021 on new computer Using Outlook 2
G Add Map It button to Custom Contacts Form in Outlook Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
X Custom icon (not from Office 365) for a macro in Outlook Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
Victor_50 Problem - Google Workspace will stop "unsafe" access to Outlook end 2024 Using Outlook 3
C New pc, new outlook, is it possible to import auto-complete emailaddress Using Outlook 4
T Outlook 365 won't take new working password Using Outlook 0
S Create Outlook Task from Template and append Body with Email Body Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
P Can't add custom field to custom Outlook form, it always adds to the Folder instead Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
B Sync Outlook Public Folders to Contacts Using Outlook 2
D Delete Outlook emails from MS server Using Outlook 12
B Outlook tasks and PDF Using Outlook 4
D Outlook 2019 is no longer asking for password ... Using Outlook 5