Outlook "Trying to Connect"

Status
Not open for further replies.

David_H

I've never experience any issues staying connected to Exchange. Recently after moving to Office 365 for the first time I started to use multiple Exchange accounts, four to be specific. Now I am constantly getting the "trying to connect" message as I am working. Generally at some point everything gets back in sync, but in the mean time my work is constantly interrupted because I'm not connected to Exchange. For instance right now I want to create an out of office message, but I can't because I am "not connected to server".

Any ideas or suggestions? Am I destined for problems because I am doing something a little bit out of the box and connecting to 4 accounts?

Edit: I just noticed that the trying to reconnect message seems to occur predominantly on the primary (default) account. This is also by far the largest account (multiple GB) in case that is relevant, the other accounts store very little. Of course the primary account is also the one I need to work in 99% of the time :-(.

Thanks

David_H

I read somewhere that Outlook only supports (3) accounts so I deleted on in case that was the problem. Issue is still occurring.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
B Outlook 2016 Outlook crashes when trying to print certain emails Using Outlook 5
M outlook 365 trying to finish my sentences Using Outlook 2
A Run-time error '430' on certain emails when trying to set "Outlook.mailitem" as "ActiveExplorer.Selection.Item" Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
X I have met my waterloo trying to resolve embedded graphics problem with outlook 2007 and now 2016 Using Outlook 1
T Outlook "A program is trying to access Outlook" Using Outlook 3
N Error 0x80090326 when trying to setup IMAP account on Outlook.com Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 1
R Trying to extract information between two symbols from outlook subject Using Outlook 2
L Trying to open contacts pst. file in outlook 365 Using Outlook 3
D Trying to repair Outlook rules Using Outlook 5
S Outlook 2010 trying to default Data file to outlook.com calendar Using Outlook 6
R Trying to sync my Outlook email on iphone Using Outlook 1
A outlook trying to keep sending Using Outlook 1
P Outlook works, but freezes when trying to use calender v2007 (vista prof) Using Outlook 1
D Outlook 2003 - A program is trying to access e-mail addresses Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 5
T Trying to start Outlook from VBA or VBS not working. Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
D Trying to reconnect BCM databases in Outlook 2003 BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1
HarvMan Outlook.com Account Using Outlook 3
D Office 365 Outlook desktop app prompts for all account passwords on startup Using Outlook 4
D Alerts in outlook Using Outlook 1
richardwing Auto forward email that is moves into a specific outlook folder Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 5
L Recommendations for Utility to Backup Outlook 365 Account Settings Using Outlook 0
J Recommendations for Outlook Duplicate Email Remover Using Outlook 6
O Outlook - How to embed font ? (If at all possible) Using Outlook 2
Z New minimum Outlook for Windows version requirements for Microsoft 365/Exchange Online Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 4
T How to configure Outlook for two users on a single Windows account Using Outlook 3
R Outlook 2021 Having problem setting up outlook 2021 with windows 11. I have 3 gmail accounts and I want the 3 gmail, emails to merge into the same outlook input. Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 0
e_a_g_l_e_p_i Outlook 2021 all appointments not showing in calendar Using Outlook 2
S Outlook 365 Can I change the possible range of highlighting colours when writing an Outlook email? Using Outlook 1
B Outlook 213 keeps crashing. I just found out there are DMP files. How can I tell Why? Using Outlook 2
H Outlook 2016 related mails in outlook Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 13
S Outlook 2021 Can you make emails from 3 word domains "safe" by entering top 2 word domain into Safe List in Outlook? Using Outlook 1
@ Outlook Using Outlook 2
kburrows Outlook 365 - Ribbon Customizations Disappear Using Outlook 0
D Wishlist How to use 'app password' in Outlook 2003 after Google pulled plug on "less secure apps" Using Outlook 2
L Restoring Outlook from backup pst file Using Outlook 5
e_a_g_l_e_p_i Kernel Outlook .pst viewer Using Outlook 3
L Outlook 365 Outlook not working on linux how to solve it Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 0
T Outlook 2019 Using Gmail aliases in Outlook Using Outlook 6
S Activities in Outlook Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
S ios outlook Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 0
W Transfer Outlook 2016 autocomplete file to Outlook 2007 Using Outlook 1
V iCloud calendar problems, Outlook shuts down immediately Using Outlook 2
S Outlook Macro for [Date][Subject] Using Outlook 1
E Outlook - Macro - send list of Tasks which are not finished Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
E Outlook - eliminate same adresses from to, and bc line Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
R How to force Outlook to use plain text in notes for Contacts? Using Outlook 1
G Outlook Express (DBX) to Outlook (PST) Conversion Software Wanted Using Outlook 1
J Outlook 2016 Can't display some embedded HTML images in Outlook 2016 Using Outlook 2
J Outlook EAS protocol version Using Outlook 1
N Outlook 2021 'Run Script" Rules? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4