Type a contact to find NOT WORKING properly?

Status
Not open for further replies.

VimFuegoNZ

Outlook version
Email Account
Exchange Server
Hi

I have windows server 2003, and running outlook 2003. I dial into the server through a terminal services connection.

We share a public folder for business contacts with over 6000 contacts in it.

We have a small number of users (~4) and my profile is the only one with the following problem.

In the toolbar in Outlook there is a box titled "type a contact to find". On my login this is not working correctly. It sometimes cannot find contacts that are in the address book it is searching.

When I have found a contact it does not "remember" the contact that was opened in the dropdown box for finding easily later, rather it remembers the text that was typed in before. Like "smith", not that I opened the contact for "Matt Smith".

I have checked the address book is linked to the correct folders. What else could it be or what can I do to make this work??

Test a new profile - you could also try removing the address book service, restarting outlook and adding it back. (Tools | Email Accounts, choose View or change existing directories or address book.)

Thanks, I went in and removed the folder as an address book, then linked back to my personal contacts, restarted, tested and it worked! I then changed it back and it is still working how it should with the public folder contacts.

So thanks for the advice, that was really helpful!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
P Outlook tasks keeps changing (updating) dates that I type Using Outlook 2
D Forwarding email based on the attachment file type and specific text found on the attachment file name Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
H Search Email Header for Content Type Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
E Having some trouble with a run-a-script rule (moving mail based on file type) Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 5
M Compile error: User-defined type not defined Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
P Encryption Type Error - Verizon and Outlook 2010 Using Outlook 0
C im getting a type mismatch error Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
D Calendar appointment, type 2 Using Outlook 2
T issue changing [Type] in dbo.ContactMainTable/ contacts seem to be deleted BCM (Business Contact Manager) 5
Diane Poremsky Fix the Outlook Folder Type after Exporting an IMAP Account Using Outlook 0
T How to remove annoying Big Blue Type at beginning of my messages Using Outlook 2
L Font Type and Space Using Outlook 7
B Outlook 11 for Mac - Imap or Pop Account Type Using Outlook 6
F Change default value of date/time type from "None" to Blank Using Outlook 1
Rupert Dragwater Can't save font type in Outlook 2010 Using Outlook 3
F "MSG" type attachments are stripped away when senand previewed with HTML tags. Using Outlook 3
B [SOLVED] Forced to type Domain/username for OWA 2003 with IE 7 or 8 Exchange Server Administration 3
B Outlook contacts with Hotmail. - Error >>>The text exceeds the limit of 1024 characters. Type a shor Using Outlook 4
T Get rid of having to type verification characters to send mail BCM (Business Contact Manager) 2
A Help creating custom Contacts form - what type is 'Email' control? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
J instructions disppear when users begin type (text field) Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
S Adding a mail address/recipient type field to a form Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
P Problem in temporary type toolbar Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
P Problem in permanent type add-in toolbar Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 6
R Add new type and Custom form on exchange Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
S Xref type property in an email header? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 6
T Setting a MAPI property of type PT_SYSTIME Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
C Unable to cast object of type 'System.Int32' to type 'System.Byte[ BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1
M Outlook 2007 "Connection Status..." shows 3 "Disconnected" entries of type "Directory" Using Outlook 18
B Change data in an Internal Data Type Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 6
C How to create a custom 'View Type' Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 7
D Outlook 2007 AddIn: Filter attachments by type Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
K Re: Alert message every hour based on type/number of mail messages Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
G Outlook 2021 Add Picture to Custom Contact Form Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
AndyZ Contact Custom Form Tiny Text Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
A How to reduce size of custom contact form? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
S Custom Contact card - need help creating one Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
U Outlook 2021 not showing contact cards in Searches Using Outlook 1
Witzker Outlook 2019 Macro to seach in all contact Folders for marked Email Adress Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
Witzker How to get the button Karte ( map) in custom contact form Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
G Adding a contact to a specific folder Using Outlook 0
B Linking contact to an Appointment Using Outlook 1
Witzker Outlook 2019 How to get a Photo in a User Defined Contact form Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
Witzker Outlook 2019 Macro to send an Email Template from User Defined Contact Form Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
jehan2256 "History" button in Business Contact Manager Using Outlook 1
Witzker Outlook 2019 Edit contact from email does not open the user defined contactform Using Outlook 3
Horsepower Contact phone numbers randomly change Using Outlook 0
Witzker Set Cursor & Focus from any field to the body of a user Contact form in OL 2019 Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
Witzker Place cursor at opening, a user defined OL contact form Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
M Contact deletion Using Outlook 2