Email Text Disappears

Status
Not open for further replies.

Murray B

Outlook version
Email Account
POP3
I have a problem with Outlook 2007 in that text, title and addressee text are being stripped out of most incoming and outgoing e-mails although completely blank e-mails are getting through to the addressee.

I am a domestic user running a brand new Samsung RF511 laptop with Windows 7 Home Premium, Outlook 2007, Norton 2011 Anti Virus and ZoneAlarm free firewall. Internet connection is via a D-Link DSL-G624T WiFi + 4 Port Ethernet Router, using WiFi connectivity.

My old desktop PC, ran the same software as above except using Windows XP Professional SP2 and Ethernet connectivity to the same router. That had no problems, is still connected to the same router and is still able to send and receive e-mails correctly which would indicate no problem with the line, router or ISP (Demon in UK).

I have checked the email and user set up options in the new laptop against the old PC and they are the same. I have tried turning off both antivirus and firewall to no effect and tried sending just plain text instead of HTML to no effect.

Any ideas please?

Murray

Diane - have just tried it in safe mode with networking and it appears to work OK - several test messages came back correctly rather than without text. What next?

Kind regards

Murray

That tells me its an addin- probably the antivirus. Disable the email scanning... If its not that, what other adding are installed?

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab

Diane

Running Norton 2011 Internet Security. Have already tried turning off the whole thing as well as trying it with just e-mail virus scan off and everything else in Norton left on. Both had no effect and e-mails still stripped of text etc. Also have tried turning off Zonealarm Firewall (free version).

It also has Trusteer Raport (to protect internet banking key strokes) - have tried turning that off - no result. IE 9 and Goggle Chrome, also Adobe Photoshop Elements 9. Being a Samsung machine it has Samsung Support centre (pre-loaded) , also CyberLinkMedia Suite and CyberLink Youcam (whatever they are) and Skype pre loaded. This is a brand new laptop so it has not had software added and deleted over time. I wouldn't have thought any of those would have any effect.

Much appreciate you suggestions.

Kind regards

Murray

I found that in Outlook Safe Mode, all worked fine so in Add-ins I tried unchecking Microsoft Exchange Unified Messaging which only partly solved the issue. So in Norton Internet Security settings > Network Settings > Client Integration, I unchecked the Outlook links. These two separate actions appeared, at first to have solved the problem. However still found e-mails coming through showing HTML coding and missing text. In the end uninstalled Norton Internet Security (which was in fact what was pre-loaded on the New Laptop) and transferred Norton Anti Virus 2011 from old desktop. All now appears to be fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
kburrows Outlook Email Body Text Disappears/Overlaps, Folders Switch Around when You Hover, Excel Opens Randomly and Runs in the Background - Profile Corrupt? Using Outlook 0
D Body text of email disappears when I scan an attachment from printer to email Using Outlook 1
D Delete selected text in outgoing email body Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
Z Copy specific email body text Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
D Forwarding email based on the attachment file type and specific text found on the attachment file name Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
S Unable to extract text from an Outlook email message Using Outlook 2
T Original email text not shown when replying or forwarding the email. Using Outlook 9
M Outlook, send to > mail recipient - results in plain text email Using Outlook 1
J Autoreply email recieved from specific sender after deleting some text from body. Using Outlook 0
S Body text of Email from invite date/time Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 7
Z VBA to convert email to task, insert text of email in task notes, and attach copy of original email Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
S Change VBA script to send HTML email instead of text Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
C Transfer Outlook TextBox Text Into Email Body Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
Brostin Forward a mail to the address listed in the email text Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
Stilgar Relsik Create a rule to copy text from an email and paste it in the subject line. Using Outlook 1
S Creating Email - Selecting Pre-Defined Text Using Outlook 2
V Outlook 2013 deleting email text when sent Using Outlook 11
divan Outlook 2007 - Replace email body with custom text Using Outlook 9
E Button in body of email to approve/reject with original text Using Outlook 1
P Foward email to Trello without FW in subject and parce the text Using Outlook 38
T Forwarded long email moves text to the right Using Outlook 1
J Adding original email text to outlook message template Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
K extract certain text from an Outlook Email Message Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
T HTML email for internal mesages and Text only for External? Using Outlook 1
M Email Format getting changed to Plain Text Using Outlook 1
G Published Email Form Doesn't Display Text Boxes to the Recipient Using Outlook 0
P Batch adding text to email subject lines in Outlook Using Outlook 24
R Saving Outlook Email As Text File Extract Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
M Appending text to the subject line of a Reply, Foward or new Email Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
K Scraping a specific line # from an email text Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
H Program email save as text file Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 5
T How to create an email template that generates a text email Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
M Plain text versus HTML email Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
P Email address auto-completes work fine on laptop, but no longer on desktop Using Outlook 2
S Create Outlook Task from Template and append Body with Email Body Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
H Copying email address(es) in body of email and pasting in To field Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
A Search folder and move the email Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
P VBA to add email address to Outlook 365 rule Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
farrissf Outlook 2016 Optimizing Email Searches in Outlook 2016: Seeking Insights on Quick Search vs Advanced Search Features Using Outlook 0
F Graphics in email / Mac recipient garbled Using Outlook 0
D Outlook VBA forward the selected email to the original sender’s email ID (including the email used in TO, CC Field) from the email chain Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
Witzker Outlook 2019 Macro to seach in all contact Folders for marked Email Adress Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
E Outlook 365 Save Selected Email Message as .msg File - oMail.Delete not working when SEARCH Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
S Email Macros to go to a SHARED Outlook mailbox Draft folder...NOT my personal Outlook Draft folder Using Outlook 2
R Outlook 365 VBA AUTO SEND WITH DELAY FOR EACH EMAIL Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
G Print email attachments when hit subfolder Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
C Spam Email? Using Outlook 2
G Automatically delete email when a condition is met Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
E Save Selected Email Message as .msg File - digitally sign email doesn't works Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
S Email was migrated from GoDaddy to Microsoft exchange. We lost IMAP ability Exchange Server Administration 1