Email Accounts

Status
Not open for further replies.

BruceJ76

Outlook version
Outlook 2010 32 bit
Email Account
IMAP
Hello, I have set up three email accounts on Outlook 2010, and have four sets of folders on the left hand side. The fourth has the old emails from my last computer. This folder comes up on the list of data files, but not email accounts even though it has an inbox. This folder also appears to have more features and should be the default folder. How can I activate and direct one of my email accounts to this folder?

Thank you.

I think this should be easy, but I am not getting the Change Folder button. It states where the new mail goes, but does not have a way to change it (that I see). Is it because I am using IMAP instead of POP3? I would think it should still be possible. Also when on the data tab, I cannot change the default from the old data file. The three email accounts are listed with the data file, but I cannot change the default. Should it be set to this data file? It is also my (only) profile.

Thanks for the help.

Yes, it is because its IMAP. IMAP accounts are required to have their own folder sets. If you have 3 imap accounts, you need a 4th data file to use for calendar and contacts as imap is email only.

Ok. Then my only issues are that my IMAP accounts don't have junk mail folders and filter the mail, they don't set off the alerts for the computer when I receive mail (I have been to Options and made sure alerts are on), and the home page for Outlook does not recognize these accounts as far as mail goes. Do you know if any of this is fixable, or are these down sides to IMAP?

Thanks.

It's mostly limitations in how outlook handles imap...

Junk mail: server side filtering is always better, but if you download full messages outlook's junk filter should work. In many cases, it doesn't actually work until you select the message. :( Do you have the filter enabled for each imap acct? Select the accounts inbox then look at the junk settings - the settings are per account, not per outlook so you need to do this for each account.

Alerts are an issue - they were broken but there is a hotfix available that enables the envelope in the tray. The desktop alerts won't work though. See http://www.slipstick.com/emo/2011/up110609.htm#2 for links to two hotfixes that you might find helpful.

home page as in outlook today? if you want to see mail folders, you should be able to select them in Customize Outlook Today.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
D multiple email accounts - why do I have to choose the "from" account address?? Using Outlook 2
M Issue transferring Outlook 2016 email accounts & settings onto new computer Using Outlook 8
glnz O365 - How to combine the Inboxes for four email accounts into a single Inbox Using Outlook 7
A Backup Email Accounts On OutLook For Mac 2016 (Microsoft 365 subscription version) Using Outlook 0
R Outlook 2010 How do you export 2 email Accounts' 2010 Inbox Files to new computer (2019)? Using Outlook 0
M ERROR: None of your email accounts could send to this recipient Using Outlook 2
O Multiple email accounts - hesitate to create a new profile Using Outlook 3
glnz How set up new IMAP on Outlook-Office 365 and merge in pst from Outlook 2003 for same two email accounts? Using Outlook 5
L How to use different fonts for outgoing messages for different email accounts Using Outlook 0
Fozzie Bear Office 365 Home Premium with Exchange Online email accounts Using Outlook 3
S Move email accounts to new laptop Using Outlook 1
Diane Poremsky Rename Email Accounts and Data Files in the Folder List Using Outlook 0
R 2 email accounts, only 1 gets signatures added on new email. Using Outlook 1
B No email accounts in outlook. Cannot add email Using Outlook 5
B Multiple email accounts in outlook and multiple iphones Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 4
Fozzie Bear Change the colour or font of individual email accounts in outlook 2010/13 Using Outlook 1
J Duplicating email accounts, notes and missing calendar when iTunes syncs. Using Outlook 5
P Synchronize Outlook.com Contacts among 3 Email Accounts Using Outlook 3
B Problemss when changing from pop3 to imap email accounts in Outlook 2007 Using Outlook 2
H Two accounts, Junk email filter only works on one account, office 2010, pop3 Using Outlook 5
B Trouble Adding @Outlook.com Email Accounts Using Outlook 3
B help: where are outlook2000 email accounts stored Using Outlook 14
A Manage Subfolders for different Email accounts. Using Outlook 7
P Handling Multiple eMail Accounts Using Outlook 2
S Seperating email accounts, Syncronizing, and a few newbie questions Using Outlook 5
J multiple email accounts, but only want to pull from two Using Outlook 1
D How Can I Receive Email Notification On Multiply Accounts in Outlook.docx Using Outlook 2
Z Missing email accounts even though they show in my Outlook 2007 profile Using Outlook 3
N Outlook 2010 will not add or display new email accounts Using Outlook 3
S Help with multiple email accounts Using Outlook 5
B Question: Boogered email/data file accounts Using Outlook 5
A Notification for Multiple Email Accounts Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
S Automating the selection of email accounts upon adding email addre Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
P Email address auto-completes work fine on laptop, but no longer on desktop Using Outlook 2
S Create Outlook Task from Template and append Body with Email Body Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
H Copying email address(es) in body of email and pasting in To field Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
A Search folder and move the email Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
P VBA to add email address to Outlook 365 rule Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
farrissf Outlook 2016 Optimizing Email Searches in Outlook 2016: Seeking Insights on Quick Search vs Advanced Search Features Using Outlook 0
D Delete selected text in outgoing email body Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
F Graphics in email / Mac recipient garbled Using Outlook 0
D Outlook VBA forward the selected email to the original sender’s email ID (including the email used in TO, CC Field) from the email chain Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
Witzker Outlook 2019 Macro to seach in all contact Folders for marked Email Adress Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
E Outlook 365 Save Selected Email Message as .msg File - oMail.Delete not working when SEARCH Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
S Email Macros to go to a SHARED Outlook mailbox Draft folder...NOT my personal Outlook Draft folder Using Outlook 2
R Outlook 365 VBA AUTO SEND WITH DELAY FOR EACH EMAIL Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
G Print email attachments when hit subfolder Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
C Spam Email? Using Outlook 2
G Automatically delete email when a condition is met Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
E Save Selected Email Message as .msg File - digitally sign email doesn't works Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1