Can't close Personal Folders after switching to Exchange 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

rgodbey

Outlook version
Email Account
Exchange Server
We were running POP3 email up until recently, when we (finally) upgraded to Exchange 2010 sp1. I added my Exchange account, then went into Data Files and removed my personal folder files. However, in my folder list, there is still a listing for "Personal Folders." If I try to right click it and "Close", I get an error "The operation failed. An object could not be found." There are no pst files in use. Somehow it just seems to be slight corrupted. Any suggestions on how to get rid of this pesky thing? I'm thinking I'll have to recreate my mail profile?

Thanks in advance.

The program is probably trying to remove a data file PST in a location the location that does not exist anymore.

I would create a temp PST with the exact name of that data file and place it in the location as pointed in outlook.

Then, attempt to remove that data file from outlook.

it could mean the profile is corrupt... but first, i would close Outlook and go into Control panel, search for mail and see if you can remove the pst file from there. You can try pepe's suggestion while in there.

See http://www.outlook-tips.net/2011/1661/delete-outlook-ghost-psts/ for information on ghost psts - try michaels method to remove it if its not listed in control panel mail.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
S Why do I have to close and reopen Outlook for macros to work? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
O Outlook 365 - Toolbar - Close all items - missing? Using Outlook 3
K Working with Explorer.Close event Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
Diane Poremsky How to Compact the Data File When you Close Outlook Using Outlook 0
Diane Poremsky Close a Meeting When the Room is Full Using Outlook 0
L Gmail POP, Android IMAP, Outlook 2013 setup close Using Outlook 5
D Close Oulook after sending emails via vba without outbox getting stuck. Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
D help with Item/Inspector close event Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
D RUN SCRIPT WHEN OUTLOOK IS CLOSE Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
F Automatically close email after selecting mark unread Using Outlook 1
S Pop up reminder while i close outlook Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 5
Y (Shared Folder) Using the preview pane to open and close a fax, without opening the email itself Using Outlook 1
C Open/Close Outlook - Via Excel VBA Using Outlook 2
J OL wont close after VB app runs Using Outlook 17
Q Looking for Outlook 2010 Close Event Id Exchange Server Administration 1
R Outlook and google calendar stuck if I close outlook Using Outlook 1
J Messages close themselves - Outlook 2007 Using Outlook 1
P Minimize button causes Outlook to close 2007 Using Outlook 1
D Cannot Close pst file Using Outlook 1
K The file c:\...\Outlook1.pst cannot be accessed because another workstation has modified it. Close a Using Outlook 2
R Outlook 2003 - Close parent form before opening child form Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
S Error 287 on Inspector.Close() Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
D Macro to Close Open Messages Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
E How to know if a Form.Close Event is the result of canceling Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
Q Why is BCM causing Outlook to close? BCM (Business Contact Manager) 2
V Move email using the Close event Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 11
R Close item Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
U Re: MailItem.Close() Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
H Outlook Does Not Really Close When I Close It BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1
S Email Macros to go to a SHARED Outlook mailbox Draft folder...NOT my personal Outlook Draft folder Using Outlook 2
S Copy Tasks/Reminders from Shared Mailbox to Personal Tasks/Reminders Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
G Personal Settings within Outlook Using Outlook 2
O Outlook 365 Exchange .ost within Personal Vaul Using Outlook 0
A Microsoft Personal vs Work Accounts in Outlook Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 7
A Created a personal group that now appears to be a public group Using Outlook 3
CWM030 I do not see a way to set the personal archive folder Exchange Server Administration 2
D Winmail.dat with MS Exchange Personal and Outlook.com Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 5
L Receiving work/Exchange email to my personal email Using Outlook 2
Diane Poremsky Repair a Large Outlook Personal Folders File (over 2GB) Using Outlook 0
Diane Poremsky To Secure Your Personal Folders (*.pst) File Using Outlook 0
Y Move new messages to personal folder which already contains this conversation Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
O Missing guide "Move an Outlook Personal Folders .pst File" Using Outlook 4
Diane Poremsky How to repair a damaged Outlook Personal Folders file (pst) Using Outlook 0
Diane Poremsky Convert an Offline File (.ost) to a Personal File (.pst) Using Outlook 0
K check for sender, follow to my personal adress and delete the sent folder. Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
LeeDock Office 365 Personal Backup strategy Using Outlook 1
M Move Sent Items from server folder to personal folder Using Outlook 2
Sue IMAP account personal folders disappeared Using Outlook 1
F Sync Sharepoint Calendar With Personal Calendar Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 5
R Contacts/Personal Folders, etc Using Outlook 5