Outlook downloads duplicate emails from POP3 account

Status
Not open for further replies.

JUJUDragon

Outlook version
Outlook 2007
Email Account
I just moved my pst files to a new computer and set up outlook 2007 on the new computer to use the old pst files. When I try the first send/receive with my email provider outlook is downloading all of the emails off of the server even though I already have copies in the inbox. How do I get it to stop downloading the copies of the email? If I can't, how do I sort the email for the newly downloaded identical copies and delete them?

Cathy Rhone

Outlook version
Outlook 2013 32 bit
Email Account
Exchange Server 2010
You can't avoid it - outlook keeps track of the messages that were downloaded per account configured in outlook, not per pst. Either move all the mail online into a folder online so outlook won't download it. If you already downloaded it, add the Modified field to the view, sort by it and delete all the items that were downloaded at the same time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
RBLampert Outlook downloads error out if one particular account is the first to download Using Outlook 0
F Outlook 2007 - Reading Pane Automatically Downloads First/Topmost Message Using Outlook 4
N Can't create NEW GROUP and add/remove a member from existing Group in Outlook Using Outlook 1
P Outlook tasks keeps changing (updating) dates that I type Using Outlook 2
M I cant send emails via Outlook in my W10 PC. Using Outlook 3
A Outlook Reminders not populating for certain events Using Outlook 2
O Moving "tasks" to inbox in Outlook 2016 Using Outlook 1
S HTML Code Embedded in String Within Open Outlook Email Preventing Replace(Application.ActiveInspector.CurrentItem.HTMLBody From Working Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
e_a_g_l_e_p_i Can emails from Gmail be deleted when they are downloaded to Outlook 2010 Using Outlook 1
cbufacchi Outlook 365 Populate custom Outlook Appoint form Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
Z Remove GMAIL IMAP account from Outlook 2016 Using Outlook 2
D Wrong email address in Outlook 2003 "From" tab in new outgoing emails Using Outlook 4
B Outlook 365 Populate Outlook Task UDFs from a UDF text string Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
witzker Outlook 2019 Pls. add a Prefix for OUTLOOK 2019 here Using Outlook 1
H Outlook 2019 intermittent search results Using Outlook 0
hstein POP3 latest Outlook Using Outlook 0
V Outlook 2003 and Windows 11 Using Outlook 4
J How to import many msg into different public folders in Outlook Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 7
I Outlook for Mac 2019 using on desktop and laptop IMAP on both need help with folders Using Outlook 1
A Reminder duplication Outlook and Outlook.com Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 5
F Moving Outlook to new PC Using Outlook 0
mll persistently customise columns in outlook advanced search Using Outlook 3
Ken Pascoe Outlook Categories Quick List Using Outlook 0
M All fonts in Outlook emails display with exaggerated character spacing Using Outlook 3
talla Can't open Outlook Item. Using Outlook 0
C Can't Locate an Unread Message in my Outlook view pane Using Outlook 0
C Outlook 2007 Removing then adding account restores junk email processing Using Outlook 0
P Importing other e-mail accounts into Outlook Using Outlook 1
J Read Outlook Form fields Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
B Inconsistent handling of message read/unread status by Outlook Using Outlook 3
R Rogue Outlook Rule ? Using Outlook 2
S vba outlook search string with special characters Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
F Wishlist Outlook suddenly began synchronizing deleted items every time I delete a single email. Using Outlook 2
U Outlook 2019 VBA run-time error 424 Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
K Outlook 2019 Randomly Disconnecting from Gmail Servers Using Outlook 8
P Outlook calendar and contacts sync problem-outlook disconnects Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 2
HarvMan Toggle between calendar and email in Outlook 365 Using Outlook 12
V Outlook error 500 Using Outlook 2
F Email being marked as Spam by Gmail and not being visible in Outlook Using Outlook 5
S Mac Outlook 365 Questions Using Outlook 1
M Outlook calendar is missing Using Outlook 2
G Save and Rename Outlook Email Attachments Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
G Trigger script without restaring outlook Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 7
T Have you written an articles about Outlook? Using Outlook 3
V Compound IF, OR, AND in Outlook form Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
A Any way to make Outlook Calendar invitations look right to Gmail/Google Calendar users? Using Outlook 3
R Outlook 365 update sets delete from server flag Using Outlook 1
M How to setup outlook after importing old account information - Entering email account info creates with "(1)" after the account! Using Outlook 1
P Prevent Outlook 2016 from using DASL filter Using Outlook 4
bhamberg Shortcuts in Folder Pane (Outlook 2016) Using Outlook 19