Not receiving email when sent as part of a group

Status
Not open for further replies.

Geezer

Outlook version
Email Account
POP3
My email address is part of several distribution lists that friends use to reach a group of us at one time. I am not receiving emails sent as part of the list. The email account works fine and is receiving all other emails sent to it except those where it is part of a list. This is true even from different lists from different senders. Any thoughts, ideas, or possible solutions would be very much appreciated.

The account is POP3, sender gets no errors, the emails are not in the junk folder. I finally figured out that they are appearing in the webmail account but I pretty much never look at it so was not aware of that until recently. I usually realize an email has been sent because my Blackberry receives email from all my accounts and gets these emails with no problem. it just never makes it into my Outlook.

Any rules set? Have you tried a search folder to see if they are somewhere in the mailbox? Do you use an antivirus scanner on email?

Test it in safe mode - Close Outlook. Hold Ctrl as you click on the Outlook icon to start in Safe mode. You can test it on mail left on the server by making a new profile - let outlook download everything while in safe mode. If antivirus is affecting it, you should get the missing mail while running in safe mode.

I did what you suggested re creating a new profile and starting Outlook in safe mode. I did then receive the 'lost' messages. Any suggestions on how I correct that?

What antivirus, antispam or security software do you use? I'm guessing that something is scanning email and deleting/not delivering the mail as it arrives.

Go to Tools, Trust center, Addins and see if the antivirus program installed an addin. If so, disable it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
J Duplicate email when receiving email sent To: me and CC to a group I belong to Using Outlook 16
P i-Phone 6s Plus receiving 2 notifications from Outlook email Using Outlook 1
B Outlook 2003 email sending & receiving suddenly stopped working Using Outlook 3
L Receiving work/Exchange email to my personal email Using Outlook 2
R Receiving email Using Outlook 8
A After receiving the same email 3 times, Outlook starts sending it to junk Using Outlook 1
W Outlook 2013 - 2nd acct stopped receiving email after Win 8.1 upgrade Using Outlook 3
F Script needed for replying to email address in body of receiving email Using Outlook 46
M Receipients are receiving a blank email when I send a form Using Outlook 1
D not receiving email Using Outlook 3
D Email Receiving problems Using Outlook 1
S HELP: Email body transcript deleted when receiving response emails Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
M I am receiving 2 of every incoming email. BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1
T Emails - sending and receiving multiple copies of the same email Using Outlook 4
S Outlook not receiving mail Using Outlook 1
W Receiving mail for account that has been deleted Using Outlook 2
F not receiving emails until i re-login Using Outlook 2
M McAllister Outlook stops Sending/Receiving/Synching after disconnecting remote desktop session Using Outlook 2
S Receiving duplicate messages from RSS feeds Using Outlook 3
T Outlook 2016 is not receiving emails until I restart it Using Outlook 1
W Receiving messages in offline mode Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
D Multiple Accounts Issue Receiving Emails in 2016 Using Outlook 0
P Receiving a Meeting Declined notice for a recurring meeting Using Outlook 0
I Not receiving video files sent by iPad Using Outlook 1
P Outlook 2007 not sending/receiving until restart (send/receive stuck at __%) Using Outlook 27
S Outlook 2007 IMAP "Inbox" not receiving new emails. Using Outlook 2
G Annoying page of code when receiving Using Outlook 14
T Default inbox not automatically sending/receiving Using Outlook 1
J Sending and receiving emails in Outlook Using Outlook 1
J My Outlook program has stopped receiving. I can still send Using Outlook 1
A receiving emails Using Outlook 1
L Outlook 2007 not automatically receiving emails into the inbox Using Outlook 3
A Receiving' reported error (0x80040900) Using Outlook 1
A outlook error Receiving reported error (0x80040900) please help Using Outlook 4
S Receiving/accepting meeting invitation into new calendar (outlook connector) Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 0
D Emails stuck in Outbox, not receiving emails, Outlook 2010 auto send/receive Using Outlook 4
dolke Strange Outlook behavior when receiving emails. More info in the content... Using Outlook 7
I Outlook 2003 - 2 Users Receiving messages that are garbled Using Outlook 25
S outlook has stopped receiving my emails Using Outlook 1
B Not receiving some emails Using Outlook 2
S Shared Calendar Need To Stop Receiving Other Peoples Reminders Using Outlook 3
C Cant see detailed progress of sending and receiving Using Outlook 1
D outlook getting stuck receiving Using Outlook 1
M Outlook 2003 Plugin not receiving resize events Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
R receiving duplicate attachments in Outlook for GMail IMAP Using Outlook 9
C receiving error code 0x80042108 Using Outlook 9
P Email address auto-completes work fine on laptop, but no longer on desktop Using Outlook 2
S Create Outlook Task from Template and append Body with Email Body Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
H Copying email address(es) in body of email and pasting in To field Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
A Search folder and move the email Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0